Author Topic: How Psychedelic Substances Can Help Treat Anxiety, Depression And Other Mental Illnesses  (Read 2201 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete ]
 But my gig is being a long-walker. That is my sweet spot... And I will get a shot or two of adrenaline along the way as it comes. That's enough.

What has been missing all along is walking off into the bush and not coming back. That life style has it all.

@roamer_1

The contentment and peace that the beauty and quiet of nature can bring you is every bit as powerful a drug as adrenaline. Best of all,unlike adrenaline,it takes nothing FROM you and can actually make your life longer instead of shorter.

People seem to forget or overlook that there is a price to be paid down the road for all the excitement and energy that adrenaline brings you,but go "there" too often,and you will end up paying the bill.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

The contentment and peace that the beauty and quiet of nature can bring you is every bit as powerful a drug as adrenaline. Best of all,unlike adrenaline,it takes nothing FROM you and can actually make your life longer instead of shorter.

People seem to forget or overlook that there is a price to be paid down the road for all the excitement and energy that adrenaline brings you,but go "there" too often,and you will end up paying the bill.

@sneakypete
That's right. That is the lesson from those two Nam vets I was talking about...
They both finally accepted that they were not going to be able to 'transition' back to civilian life.
They both figured out that what changed them also made them incompatible.
9/10ths of the solution was to walk off into the bush (which had become their nature), and the closest thing to that is the hillbilly way.

It's funny that they call it the 'rat race'... shades of a mouse on a wheel... Folks just don't understand the pressure that puts on em, and probably never will.

I was lucky enough to have it in my past - So all I had to do was go back to it.

Wake up to a cold morning, crawl out of your hooch and walk down to a perfectly glass calm lake with mist coming off of it... Grab some water, make a fire, coffee and fish, maybe some eggs if you've got em... Worry about what I am going to eat today... Set some traps, fish a while, hunt a bit... wander on back... fillet and smoke whatever you mean to keep...

And when the place plays out, tear down your sh*t and wander off... to the next 'best place'.

Do every day what most folks do for fun a time or two each year till they hurry on back to the maze.
SMH.

Can't believe I fell for it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

You have infinitely more confidence in shrinks than I do.

No,no! You misunderstand me. NOBODY should ever be alone when they take their first acid trip. You need a co-pilot. Someone that understands what is going on,and who can help talk you through it if you start to panic. Someone that knows enough about it himself that HE doesn't panic,but talks to you in a calm and gentle voice,mixed with a little laughter. People who are tripping are VERY perceptive to emotions,and if you are panicked, chances are they are going to panic.

Plus "stuff" happens sometimes,and when it does it's good to have someone around who can make a phone call to get the help you need. Or maybe to just sedate you so you calm down. Drugs like acid,mushrooms,and Peyote really do affect the way your mind works while you are high on them,and you just might end up facing a few truths about yourself that you are not happy about. Most people react in positive ways to these revelations,and some people manage to change the way they live because of them. I believe this is what happened to me,although I took LSD,Mescaline,and "magic mushrooms" dozens of times before I stopped.

Other people may not be so lucky.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 10:20:59 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
The co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) believed LSD could be used to cure alcoholics and credited the drug with helping his own recovery from often debilitating depression, according to new research.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2012/aug/23/lsd-help-alcoholics-theory

My ex-husband is coming up on 30 years sober thanks to AA. This part of AA's history however remains controversial and such treatment is not advocated in AA literature.

I have read about some very interesting things about ketamine in treating depression.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline roamer_1

People who are tripping are VERY perceptive to emotions,and if you are panicked, chances are they are going to panic.

Drugs like acid,mushrooms,and Peyote really do affect the way your mind works while you are high on them,and you just might end up facing a few truths about yourself that you are not happy about.
Other people may not be so lucky.

Listening to whispering demons.

No thanks.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

I have read about some very interesting things about ketamine in treating depression.

So have I, but in all honesty I’m convinced there is no cure. There are respites when you aren’t affected but then it comes back again, a horrible monster and bites you on the ass.

It has to be a trial or a punishment from G-d. I just don’t know why some people really suffer from it and others don’t.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So have I, but in all honesty I’m convinced there is no cure. There are respites when you aren’t affected but then it comes back again, a horrible monster and bites you on the ass.

It has to be a trial or a punishment from G-d. I just don’t know why some people really suffer from it and others don’t.

@Gefn

The luck of the draw known as "genetics".