Author Topic: Beto O’Rourke: Religious Institutions Will Lose Tax Exemption If They Oppose Same Sex Marriage  (Read 451 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

During the broadcast of CNN’s town hall on LGBTQ issues on Thursday, 2020 Democratic presidential hopeful former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-TX) said religious institutions that do not agree with same-sex marriage would lose their tax-exempt status under his presidency.

Don Lemon asked, “This is from your LGBTQ plan. This is what you write. Freedom of religion is a fundamental right, but it should not be used to discriminate. Do you think religious institutions like colleges, churches, charities, should they lose their tax-exempt status if they oppose same-sex marriage?

O’Rourke said, “Yes. There can be no reward, no benefit, no tax break for anyone or any institution, any organization in America that denies the full human rights, and the full civil rights of every single one of us. And so as president, we’re going to make that a priority, and we are going to stop those who are infringing upon human rights.”
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/10/10/beto-orourke-religious-institutions-will-lose-tax-exemption-if-they-oppose-same-sex-marriage/
I believe the Democrats desperately wish Beto to remove himself from the public spotlight.

He is exposing their agenda for all to see, and Americans will not like it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Irish Bob needs to listen to Kirk Lazarus.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Applewood

Hey Betty.  Your campaign is tanking.  So shut up and go away.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
October 11, 2019
Beto vows to strip churches of tax exempt status if they don't change their beliefs on gay marriage
By Monica Showalter

It's tempting to dismiss a presidential zero-hoper such as Beto O'Rourke as a disgusting leftist clown.

After all, his latest stunt is to call for stripping churches of their tax exempt status if they don't change their beliefs to match his on homosexual marriage.

Kid you not, following the headlines he garnered after vowing to grab guns, he's now drawn some new ones with this:

Beto O’Rourke said he thinks that religious institutions should be stripped of their tax-exempt status if they oppose homosexuality.
    While at a CNN candidate forum about gay and transgender issues, moderator Don Lemon asked the 47-year-old former congressman whether he supported revoking the tax-exempt status for religious institutions such as churches, colleges, and charities, if they don't support gay marriage.

“Yes,” O’Rourke responded, to much applause.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/10/beto_vows_to_strip_churches_of_tax_exempt_status_if_they_dont_change_their_beliefs_on_gay_marriage.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

There is no example of discrimination in anything Christian or Jewish faiths do that I'm aware of.
They declare certain things are sins...like murder, rape, robbery and a number of other things.
They are also against unnatural human acts.
 That is not discrimination...that is telling certain perverts that what they're doing is sinful i.e. wrong. 
 Beetle O'Rourke is one of the worst pols I've ever had the misfortune to read about.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Robert Francis is desperate and will say anything to stay in the race. He isn't polling well enough for the November debate.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Robert Francis is desperate and will say anything to stay in the race. He isn't polling well enough for the November debate.

I think Gabbard is replacing him
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

rangerrebew

No Big Deal, Just Beto O’Rourke Saying He’ll Punish Churches If They Don’t Support Same-Sex Marriage

Posted at 10:30 am on October 11, 2019 by Bonchie

This is an object lesson in why believing liberals will ever say “ok, we got what we want, that’s enough” is a sucker’s bet.

We really aren’t that far removed from gay marriage being made legal and everyone on the left assuring us that that it’s just a crazy-pants, conspiracy theory to fear that punishing Christians for their beliefs would be the next step. It feels like an eternity, but it’s only been five years.

The transgender issue seems to have rejuvenated every aspect of the left’s radicalism in this arena though. Over the past several years, we’ve seen widespread support for genital mutilation, giving kids hormone blockers, and letting small children “choose” their gender. “Trans-kids” have been celebrated by major news outlets.

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2019/10/11/no-big-deal-just-beto-orourke-saying-hell-punish-churches-dont-support-sex-marriage/

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
“There can be no reward, no benefit, no tax break for anyone, or any institution, any organization in America that denies the full human rights and the full civil rights of every single one of us,” O’Rourke stated. “So as president we’re going to make that a priority and we are going to stop those who are infringing on the rights of our fellow Americans,” he added.

I wonder if his plan includes Mosques as well?

At least we know now that Gringo is willing to violate at least two of the first 10 Amendments to push his Progressive ideas.

And he has also unknowingly made a case for defunding Planned Parenthood with that statement.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

This just goes to prove fascists come in all varieties. This one is Bozo shaped.

Offline PeteS in CA

And Creepy Joe made his offer:

Joe Biden Demands SPLC-Style Terror Watchlist to Protect LGBT People

At the CNN LGBT town hall on Thursday, former Vice President Joe Biden advocated for a kind of terror watchlist to monitor organizations that oppose same-sex marriage and transgender identity, similar to a previous Obama administration effort targeting conservatives groups. This monitoring echoed the Southern Poverty Law Center's accusations that mainstream conservative Christian organizations are "anti-LGBT hate groups" on par with the Ku Klux Klan.

When asked about how he would fight hate crimes against LGBT people, Biden advocated for three things: passing the Equality Act, monitoring groups that are similar to terrorist groups, and reinterpreting federal civil rights law to prevent discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity — an issue currently before the Supreme Court.

That CNN "town hall" sounds like it was a Pander Auction, who could offer the most to the LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ activists the most wet-dream goodies.

Both Bobby's and Creepy Joe's proposals would violate the First Amendment in multiple ways.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And Creepy Joe made his offer:

Joe Biden Demands SPLC-Style Terror Watchlist to Protect LGBT People

That CNN "town hall" sounds like it was a Pander Auction, who could offer the most to the LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ activists the most wet-dream goodies.

Both Bobby's and Creepy Joe's proposals would violate the First Amendment in multiple ways.

Has there been, in recent memory, any CNN "Town Hall" that wasn't a "Pander Auction?"  (Good term, I like it!)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
“There can be no reward, no benefit, no tax break for anyone, or any institution, any organization in America that denies the full human rights and the full civil rights of every single one of us,” O’Rourke stated. “So as president we’re going to make that a priority and we are going to stop those who are infringing on the rights of our fellow Americans,” he added.

The translation of this is, "We will punish any "Church" and only Churches, not Mosques or Synagogues, which do not preach what we dictate to them to preach and which do not do what we tell them to do."

O'Rourke wants to become a sort of 'Pope' of American Christianity. He has declared himself to be the American Christian leader who dictates the tenants and practices of the American Church.

And of course, as usual, he will never say anything about Muslims or Islam. The American Left always tiptoes around Islam whenever they bully forward religious dictates to the Christian Church.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 05:13:32 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline MOD4

Offline PeteS in CA

Has there been, in recent memory, any CNN "Town Hall" that wasn't a "Pander Auction?"  (Good term, I like it!)

I sometimes refer to Dem "debates" as Free Shit Auctions because of how the Dem candidates seem to be bidding against each other as to how much they'll give away to how many.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

The translation of this is, "We will punish any "Church" and only Churches, not Mosques or Synagogues, which do not preach what we dictate to them to preach and which do not do what we tell them to do."

O'Rourke wants to become a sort of 'Pope' of American Christianity. He has declared himself to be the American Christian leader who dictates the tenants and practices of the American Church.

And of course, as usual, he will never say anything about Muslims or Islam. The American Left always tiptoes around Islam whenever they bully forward religious dictates to the Christian Church.
It is worse than what a Pope could do.

Notice he said So as president we’re going to make that a priority and we are going to stop those who are infringing on the rights of our fellow Americans,.

That is a totalitarian statement.  No use for Congress or the Courts to stop things, he as president will do so.

This is chilling and reflects what the left has in store for everyone, including the very own leftists who support people like that.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Night Hides Not

I think we'd all be better served if the deductibility for all charitable contributions was eliminated. The administrative cost for keeping track of these contributions far outweighs the benefit.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think we'd all be better served if the deductibility for all charitable contributions was eliminated. The administrative cost for keeping track of these contributions far outweighs the benefit.

The deductions also permit the gooberment to stick its nose into places it does not belong.  What people do to save their everlasting souls is no business of a bunch of political whores.
I will NOT comply.

My reservations about doing what you suggest is the extent of support of private, not public organizations toward charitable relief.

I decidedly am in favor of private orgs(voluntary) doing that as opposed to public(ie - my wallet) being forced to do so.  Keeping the deductibility gives support to that.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The dirt-eater may be a fool for saying such stuff as plainly as he does.

But make no mistake:
He is only saying what the rest of them BELIEVE, as well.
And will force upon us as soon as they are given the chance.

So, my response is:
Robert O'Rourke, KEEP TALKING.
Spread your "message" far and wide!
Let every American know what you REALLY think!