Author Topic: Domestic Migration Is Driving Population Growth in U.S. Cities  (Read 437 times)

Offline OfTheCross

Domestic Migration Is Driving Population Growth in U.S. Cities
« on: October 11, 2019, 12:06:08 pm »
At a recent Dialogue with the Fed event—titled Does the Number Matter? On Governments and Regional Economic Growth—Gascon explained how domestic migration is helping to drive population growth in certain MSAs.

“Austin, Orlando, Raleigh, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Charlotte, Nashville, Denver, Seattle, Tampa. Those are places [where] … the economies are performing pretty well,” he told the audience. “So this migration is really capturing people moving to economies … [where] there continues to be a demand for workers.”

stlouisfed

There's an accompanying video and graph on the site
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Domestic Migration Is Driving Population Growth in U.S. Cities
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 12:57:18 pm »
All those "grow th"cities are being infested with domestic migrants who are bringing thier liberalism to the new cities.  It is the same liberalism that taxed them, regulated them. unemployed them and forced them to escaped for a better life only to repeat the same mistakes as they take over local government.    But, WTF,  it will work this time.....

Mental illness.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 01:18:40 pm »
All those "grow th"cities are being infested with domestic migrants who are bringing thier liberalism to the new cities.  It is the same liberalism that taxed them, regulated them. unemployed them and forced them to escaped for a better life only to repeat the same mistakes as they take over local government.    But, WTF,  it will work this time.....

Mental illness.

We'd have to know what cities the migrants are coming from. Do you have a source for the data?
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 01:24:59 pm »
We'd have to know what cities the migrants are coming from. Do you have a source for the data?

Sure look it up.  Illiniois, New York, New Hamster, California just to name a few.  Look at the population shrinkage maps by state.  They are coming from liberal run shitholes.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 01:27:27 pm »

This is old news really.  Those cities/states that have high tax rates and high cost of living are taxing their residents right out of the state. These states are predominately liberally run states.  It's not rocket science; people move/migrate to where it is more affordable.

The problem of course is it changes the demographics of those states which boils down to more liberal votes at the polls.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/economy/2018/01/15/fastest-growing-and-shrinking-states-closer-look/1019429001/

« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 01:28:25 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 01:34:19 pm »
Sure look it up.  Illiniois, New York, New Hamster, California just to name a few.  Look at the population shrinkage maps by state.  They are coming from liberal run shitholes.

Ah...

Here's a map

https://www.businessinsider.com/fastest-growing-and-shrinking-counties-in-america-2019-4

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 02:00:10 pm »
There has been a trend of Hispanics moving to the upper midwest, but not necessarily large cities.
Why? Well, for instance there's a small town north of where I live Arcadia, Wisconsin, that has been known for it's poultry production.
The problem: many of the young residents of the area don't want to work in the nasty poultry factories anymore. Fowl...er... foul conditions. I used to work with a guy from the area who told me about working in those factories..
But Hispanics will do those jobs.
So now Arcadia has a sizable Hispanic population. Drive through the town, and you'll see a number of businesses that cater to Hispanics.
There are a number of other small towns in Minnesota and Wisconsin the wife and I have driven through where we noticed large crowds of people of obvious Hispanic descent. They're willing to work in the food production plants where the native residents don't want to work.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2019, 02:58:19 pm »
There has been a trend of Hispanics moving to the upper midwest, but not necessarily large cities.
Why? Well, for instance there's a small town north of where I live Arcadia, Wisconsin, that has been known for it's poultry production.
The problem: many of the young residents of the area don't want to work in the nasty poultry factories anymore. Fowl...er... foul conditions. I used to work with a guy from the area who told me about working in those factories..
But Hispanics will do those jobs.
So now Arcadia has a sizable Hispanic population. Drive through the town, and you'll see a number of businesses that cater to Hispanics.
There are a number of other small towns in Minnesota and Wisconsin the wife and I have driven through where we noticed large crowds of people of obvious Hispanic descent. They're willing to work in the food production plants where the native residents don't want to work.

That's always going to be the cycle of "dirty" jobs.

The immigrants and poorer class will be more willing to do it

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2019, 07:37:51 pm »
Getting quotes from rental companies like U-Haul can cast some light on the migration patterns as well.  A truck from Los Angeles to Houston can be upwards of three grand, while the same one from Houston to LA is in the hundreds.  I haven't checked the exact figures lately.

"Swimming with the current" is always more expensive.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2019, 07:39:37 pm »
People are leaving New York and New Jersey in droves

Moving companies are making out like anything
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter