Author Topic: DNI Declassifies FISA Judge James Boasberg 2018 Ruling – FBI Conducted “Tens of Thousands” of Unauth  (Read 794 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
DNI Declassifies FISA Judge James Boasberg 2018 Ruling – FBI Conducted “Tens of Thousands” of Unauthorized NSA Database Queries…

Posted on October 8, 2019 by sundance

There is a lot to unpack in a decision today by the Director of National Intelligence to declassify (with redactions) a 2018 FISA court ruling about ongoing unauthorized database search queries by FBI agents/”contractors” in the period covering 2017/2018.

BACKGROUND: In April 2017 the DNI released a FISA report written by Presiding Judge Rosemary Collery that showed massive abuse, via unauthorized searches of the NSA database, in the period of November 2015 through May 2016. Judge Collyer’s report specifically identified search query increases tied to the 2016 presidential primary.  Two years of research identified this process as the DOJ/FBI and IC using the NSA database to query information related to political candidates, specifically Donald Trump...

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2019/10/08/dni-declassifies-fisa-judge-james-boasberg-2018-ruling-fbi-conducted-tens-of-thousands-of-unauthorized-nsa-database-queries/?fbclid=IwAR3HwC4wh9yvbA7ATTCFSumoTtPTqdvJnXnPB_EhgxgchUggJXQ4UCT5x6A#more-173168

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
"The intelligence community disclosed Tuesday that the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court last year found that the FBI’s pursuit of data about Americans ensnared in a warrantless internet-surveillance program intended to target foreign suspects may have violated the law authorizing the program, as well as the Constitution’s Fourth Amendment protections against unreasonable searches."

May have???  Give me a freekin break!!!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Bammy's watch. Much spying on Trump and his associates. This story won't be covered in the demedia.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Bammy's watch. Much spying on Trump and his associates. This story won't be covered in the demedia.

Ya Think???  What was your first clue @austingirlwink777

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Wait - @Bigun, what are you thinking posting important stuff?  I thought we were only supposed to post rumor and innuendo?

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Wait - @Bigun, what are you thinking posting important stuff?  I thought we were only supposed to post rumor and innuendo?

It is from the tree fort.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

No, it's really not.  It is a story with links to the original documents.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Yeah! I know! Silly me!  :shrug:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Perhaps because none of the MSM will touch it!  Not that they would have an agenda or anything like that @InHeavenThereIsNoBeer  /S

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kidd

When the Patriot Act came out, with its changes to the FISA court, both conservatives and liberals were against it for the abuses that would occur.

The fear that conservatives had, has come to fruition.
The fear that liberals had, has become opportunity
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 06:22:00 pm by kidd »

Offline Hoodat

You got that right.  Back when Bush was in office, Liberals were screaming bloody murder because the Bush Administration was listening in on cellphone conversations in Pakistan as if this were some egregious violation of al Qaeda's "constitutional rights".  Yet in Obama's first year in office, FIS warrants quadrupled, while the electronic surveillance subjected upon al Qaeda members in Pakistan were then warrantlessly perpetrated upon countless American citizens inside the US.

Liberals are such hypocrites.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
When the Patriot Act came out, with its changes to the FISA court, both conservatives and liberals were against it for the abuses that would occur.

The fear that conservatives had, has come to fruition.
The fear that liberals had, has become opportunity

:yowsa: No doubt about it @kidd.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Nor will anyone be indicted or held responsible in any way.  That is what is so absolutely infuriating.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

That's why I come here.  To get the straight truth from well-respected and trusted news sources like...
<scrolls to the top>
https://theconservativetreehouse.com

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
That's why I come here.  To get the straight truth from well-respected and trusted news sources like...
<scrolls to the top>
https://theconservativetreehouse.com

Did you happen to click on the links in the story there @Once-Ler? Like this one for instance.

I generally don't ask questions I  don't already know the answer to.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 03:40:01 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Did you happen to click on the links in the story there @Once-Ler? Like this one for instance.
Great catch @Bigun .  I guess this story was covered in the demedia.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
It seems like the lid is about to come off the areas, outside Meuller's area of interest.

By early 2017 Joe DiGenova/Victoria Toensig, Greg Jarret, John Solomon, Sara Carter, Mark Levin, Dan Bongino had good rough outlines, of what would soon become books.

Remember the Lisa Page text message, "Potus wants to know about everything?"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln