Author Topic: The Impeachment Process in the House of Representatives  (Read 723 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: The Impeachment Process in the House of Representatives
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2019, 02:57:00 am »
You linked to a thread that got locked because your premises were shot to death so badly it actually made the readers' minds bleed.  Why'd you have to dredge up that dreck?

@txradioguy lol....Toldja.

Yup you called it!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2019, 03:06:16 am »
They were addressed repeatedly, and you just didn't like the responses you got so you just kept repeating yourself.  That stuff pisses me off, because it bores the Members of this forum to tears.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,37

Who addressed it?

Everyone just dismissed it.

Anyway, back to this topic, will you accept the results of the inquiry?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 03:15:09 am by Cyber Liberty »
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2019, 03:17:05 am »
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,37

Who addressed it?

Everyone just dismissed it. 

Anyway, back to this topic, will you accept the results of the inquiry?

Are you suggesting I would act like a Democrat? 

And, stop posting links to locked threads.  Consider yourself warned.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2019, 03:21:51 am »
To answer you, I'll link you to this:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,378

Citing a law is pointless without demonstrating how said law was violated.  Take extortion for example.  You cited the code - 18 U.S. Code § 872.  But you failed to explain how Trump committed extortion, which is defined as "an offense that has as its elements the extraction of anything of value from another person by threatening or placing that person in fear of injury to any person or kidnapping of any person".

Or how about 2 U.S. Code § 192?  Trump has not been summoned as a witness to an investigation.  And considering that he is the target of the investigation, he enjoys the Constitutional right against self incrimination as well as Executive Privilege.

Here's some friendly advice for you.  This forum is made up of members who possess the ability to think critically and apply deductive reasoning.  We don't fall for nonsense like throwing some US Code against the wall and pretending it sticks.  We don't assume Trump/Clinton/etc to be guilty simply because our emotions want him to be guilty.  We want to see the factual evidence and render a decision based on that evidence.

So if you believe Trump committed an impeachable offense, then state your case.  But in order to convince the rest of us, you better be able to articulate your case and back it up with facts.  Because in the absence of that, you come across as someone who is not able to think for his/herself.

I hope that helps.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2019, 03:25:03 am »
Are you suggesting I would act like a Democrat? 

And, stop posting links to locked threads.  Consider yourself warned.

Seems to me like you're being a bit of an obstructionist re: me posting a link to a thread on this board.

I wonder why  :pondering:

Anyway, would you accept the results of the inquiry? Yay, or Nay?

I didn't understand your answer re: you acting like a Democrat

If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2019, 03:40:10 am »
Citing a law is pointless without demonstrating how said law was violated.  Take extortion for example.  You cited the code - 18 U.S. Code § 872.  But you failed to explain how Trump committed extortion, which is defined as "an offense that has as its elements the extraction of anything of value from another person by threatening or placing that person in fear of injury to any person or kidnapping of any person".

Or how about 2 U.S. Code § 192?  Trump has not been summoned as a witness to an investigation.  And considering that he is the target of the investigation, he enjoys the Constitutional right against self incrimination as well as Executive Privilege.

Here's some friendly advice for you.  This forum is made up of members who possess the ability to think critically and apply deductive reasoning.  We don't fall for nonsense like throwing some US Code against the wall and pretending it sticks.  We don't assume Trump/Clinton/etc to be guilty simply because our emotions want him to be guilty.  We want to see the factual evidence and render a decision based on that evidence.

So if you believe Trump committed an impeachable offense, then state your case.  But in order to convince the rest of us, you better be able to articulate your case and back it up with facts.  Because in the absence of that, you come across as someone who is not able to think for his/herself.

I hope that helps.

Thanks.

Well, I do believe, as I've stated in this thread, that Trump has committed impeachable offenses. I've explained that impeachment doesn't have to simply occur because of a broken law, it can be due to a political violation.

It appears, based on what we know with regard to the telephone call and the text messages released, that Donald was soliciting a foreign government to interfere in our elections by finding or manufacturing dirt on a political opponent.

To me, that's impeachable. That's the current narrative. If it holds weight, he should be impeached. If it doesn't he shouldn't. We'll know more once the inquiry is done.

And, not to get too into the weeds in responding to you about the specific laws that the article says were broken, since that thread for that was locked by @Cyber Liberty for no good reason, I'll just say that it could be argued that 18 U.S. Code § 872 was broken when the Administration tried to extract politically valuable information from Ukraine while threatening to withhold military aid from them.

That's for the politicians to debate. When we get all the information we can debate it as well.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2019, 03:48:02 am »
Just to be thorough, might as well address the other two.

18 U.S. Code § 610 - Coercion of political activity.  I have yet to hear of any federal employee who was intimidated, threatened, commanded, or coerced into engaging or in political activity.  Your article mentions Bill Taylor right after it tosses out the word 'IF'.  Anyone actually reading the article would see the flaw in that.  IF Trump slept with a goat for money, then he committed an impeachable offense according to US Code blah blah blah.  IF Trump stole a tie from the men's department at Macy's, then he committed an impeachable offense according to state law blah blah blah.  That's beautiful and all, EXCEPT Trump didn't do those things.  So to cite this code that Trump did not violate is just plain dishonest, which it is why it is important to read the article first and scrutinize the facts instead of simply linking to something someone posted on DU.

This applies to your fourth 'violation' [sic] as well.  18 U.S. Code § 607 - Place of solicitation.  In the height of intellectual negligence, the article does not even make an attempt at identifying any such solicitation.  Yet you would have us believe that Trump violated the solicitation statute?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2019, 04:14:22 am »
Thanks.

Well, I do believe, as I've stated in this thread, that Trump has committed impeachable offenses.

Again, what are these impeachable offenses?  Please be specific.

I've explained that impeachment doesn't have to simply occur because of a broken law, it can be due to a political violation.

Please define 'political violation'.  Because Hamilton does not address it that way.  Instead, he describes it as "offenses which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or, in other words, from the abuse or violation of some public trust", and as "injuries done immediately to the society itself".  So based on Hamilton's actual words, what public trust was violated, and how was society injured.  Please be specific.

It appears, based on what we know with regard to the telephone call and the text messages released, that Donald was soliciting a foreign government to interfere in our elections by finding or manufacturing dirt on a political opponent.

Uh, no.  It does not appear that way at all.  Not even close.   If anything, the President was asking Ukraine to address corruption in its own country.  The dirt was already common knowledge.  The former Vice President even bragged about his role in it.  Nothing was manufactured.

To me, that's impeachable. That's the current narrative.

I don't deal in narratives.  I deal in facts.  If you ever come up with some facts that support the narrative, let me know.  But without them, the narrative becomes a demonstration of what happens when one lacks the ability to reason and think critically.  It is nothing more than an emotion-driven substitute for reality.

And, not to get too into the weeds in responding to you about the specific laws that the article says were broken, since that thread for that was locked by @Cyber Liberty for no good reason, I'll just say that it could be argued that 18 U.S. Code § 872 was broken when the Administration tried to extract politically valuable information from Ukraine while threatening to withhold military aid from them.

Considering that Hunter Biden's dealings were already public knowledge, what politically valuable information did the Administration try to extract?  Please be specific.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2019, 02:23:08 pm »
Considering that Hunter Biden's dealings were already public knowledge, what politically valuable information did the Administration try to extract?  Please be specific.

@Hoodat

Hell his dad bragged about what he’d done in the Ukraine.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!