Author Topic: Graham plans to ask Senate Republicans to sign letter saying Ukraine call is not impeachable offense  (Read 131 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Graham plans to ask Senate Republicans to sign letter saying Ukraine call is not impeachable offense
by Zachary Halaschak
 | October 09, 2019 12:21 PM

Sen. Lindsey Graham will ask Republican senators to sign a letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi declaring President Trump's phone call with Ukraine’s president is not an impeachable offense.

Appearing on Fox News Wednesday, the South Carolina Republican trashed House Democrats, saying they are “about to destroy the nation for no good reason.”

“The House could care less about fairness. Schiff is not looking for the truth,” Graham said. “There should be a vote on impeachment. You have to have a vote to make it legitimate, and at the end of the day, I am going to shed light on all things Ukraine.”

Graham claimed that even if the House votes to impeach the president, the Republican-led Senate would not vote to remove Trump from office over his July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

“I’m going to ask my colleagues in the Senate — Republicans — to sign a letter to Nancy Pelosi saying we do not believe the transcript of the phone call between the president and the Ukraine is an impeachable offense,” Graham said.

“I’ve read the transcript,” he continued. “I do not see anything wrong there, and I want Nancy Pelosi to know that Republican senators are not going to impeach this president based on this transcript. So she can stop now before she destroys the country.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/graham-plans-to-ask-senate-republicans-to-sign-letter-saying-ukraine-call-is-not-impeachable-offense
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I'd like to see that list too.

Offline verga

The Senate has the option to just dismiss the charges.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

The Senate has the option to just dismiss the charges.
They have that option but they would be fools to take it.