Author Topic: Ted Cruz: ‘DISGRACEFUL’ to Let Turkish Military Slaughter America’s Kurdish Allies  (Read 425 times)

Offline libertybele

Ted Cruz: ‘DISGRACEFUL’ to Let Turkish Military Slaughter America’s Kurdish Allies

On Sunday night, after a phone call between President Trump and Turkish leader Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the White House announced that the small number of U.S. forces in northern Syria would be withdrawn ahead of a Turkish invasion of the area, which is currently controlled by America’s Kurdish allies. The White House press secretary also said that “Turkey will now be responsible for all ISIS fighters in the area captured over the past two years.”

Less than two weeks ago, at a September 26 press conference, Trump said that America would “not forget” our Kurdish allies who had died fighting ISIS. “Tens of thousands of Kurds died fighting ISIS. They died for us and with us and for themselves,” President Trump said. “They’re great people and we have not forgotten.”...........

.............Many congressional Republicans condemned President Trump’s decision as a betrayal of our Kurdish allies that could allow ISIS to come roaring back.

“It would also be DISGRACEFUL if we sat idly by while Turkey slaughters the Kurds, as public reports suggest that Turkish leader Erdogan explicitly told President Trump he intends to do. Kurds risked their lives—for many years—to fight alongside us,” Texas Republican senator Ted Cruz wrote on Twitter. “Our enemies and rivals (Iran, Russia, etc.) don’t abandon their allies; if we want allies to stand with America in the future, we shouldn’t either. Honorable nations stand by their friends.”.............

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/trump-syria-withdrawal-congressional-republicans-condemn-decision/

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
 :yowsa: Absolutely!  Why any Kurd would ever again trust any American is a complete mystery to me.   
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Why any Kurd would ever again trust any American is a complete mystery to me. 

What promise has the United States made to the Kurds that it has not kept?  Money?  Training? Weapons?  Take out ISIS?

What more do we owe the Syrian Kurds?

Offline Hoodat

Ted is correct.   And once again, the rest of the world sees that America cannot be trusted over the long haul.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline montanajoe

:yowsa: Absolutely!  Why any Kurd would ever again trust any American is a complete mystery to me.

Yep...

The best way for America not to be the policeman for the world is to have allies who know that they can trust America regardless of what administration is in office.

The idea that we can go it alone and survive as a country without allies throughout world in the 21st century is absurd. I've  spend a lot of time outside of the country in the last 50 years and the fall in America's respect and standing since my senior trip to SE Asia is astounding. 

We have real enemies out there bent on the destruction of this Country and unless America can be trusted we are doomed..... :shrug:

Offline libertybele

Yep...

The best way for America not to be the policeman for the world is to have allies who know that they can trust America regardless of what administration is in office.

The idea that we can go it alone and survive as a country without allies throughout world in the 21st century is absurd. I've  spend a lot of time outside of the country in the last 50 years and the fall in America's respect and standing since my senior trip to SE Asia is astounding. 

We have real enemies out there bent on the destruction of this Country and unless America can be trusted we are doomed..... :shrug:

Thanks for sharing.  That reality is very sad.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

What promise has the United States made to the Kurds that it has not kept?  Money?  Training? Weapons?  Take out ISIS?

An exit strategy. One that doesn't leave them holding the bag.

Offline kevindavis007

We don't stab allies in the back until the job is done.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Graham used that term off the bat, so good.

You have to be trustworthy, look at all the pro-lifers who claim to be so but abandon pro-life politicians.

Idiotic decision.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

They're not allies and the job is done. 

Offline kevindavis007

They're not allies and the job is done.

Yes and it was almost completed. Now they have to fight the POS faux ally Turkey, they will have to let ISIS Troops go free.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Wilkow had an interesting take on this. What do the warmongers want? For the US to go to war with Turkey, a NATO ally? Turkey shouldn't be in NATO now that they are islamist.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Yes and it was almost completed. Now they have to fight the POS faux ally Turkey, they will have to let ISIS Troops go free.

But, we were probably going to have to fight Turkey.  Erdogan wants to reestablish the Ottoman Empire.  I promise you, those 1,000 or so Americans in Syria were never going to stop him from moving forward on that.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Want to "help" the Kurds?
So that Turkey and Syria won't ever bother them again?

Well, that's easy:
Bomb Turkey out of existence. Kill millions of Turks.
Bomb Syria out of existence. Kill millions of Syrians.
Kurdish problems... solved.

Short of doing that, this problem will NEVER be solved, so long as Turkey and Syria still exist. They will ALWAYS attack and try to destroy the Kurds.

We've done all we're ever going to be able to do, short of the solution above.
Time to let this one go.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Wilkow had an interesting take on this. What do the warmongers want? For the US to go to war with Turkey, a NATO ally? Turkey shouldn't be in NATO now that they are islamist.

As I replied to him about that on his Twitter site and I've laid out in greater detail here...Turkey hasn't been a U.S. ally nor have they been an ally to NATO for several years now.  There was talk of expelling them from NATO until the Syrian refugee crisis.

Now Erdogan has sided with and partnered with Iran and Iraq.

They ARE that Islamist and they should get the boot from NATO.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mountaineer

How were a few American troops going to finish the job?  What would have constituted "done"?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
But, we were probably going to have to fight Turkey.  Erdogan wants to reestablish the Ottoman Empire.  I promise you, those 1,000 or so Americans in Syria were never going to stop him from moving forward on that.

Up until yesterday...it had worked for almost 3 years.   :shrug:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Up until yesterday...it had worked for almost 3 years.   :shrug:

They're still there.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
They're still there.

And they've been ordered to do nothing.

"The Turks are hitting outside the security mechanism," according to the source, who said the Kurds are "pleading for our support."

The American troops are doing “nothing," the source lamented. "Just sitting by and watching it unfold.”

https://www.foxnews.com/world/turkey-syria-invasion-special-forces-soldier-kurds

ISIS already tried their first jailbreak last night.

Offline cato potatoe

Back around 2001, when George Bush was kissing Muslim ass, I remember getting into arguments where I was beaten over the head with this example of a peaceful, progressive Islamic republic.  I guess that won't happen again.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Trump denied Kurd requests for air support when the Turkis ground forces started attacking.  **nononono*

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Back around 2001, when George Bush was kissing Muslim ass, I remember getting into arguments where I was beaten over the head with this example of a peaceful, progressive Islamic republic.  I guess that won't happen again.

Probably not.  But, this world is so upside down who knows?

Offline libertybele

Trump denied Kurd requests for air support when the Turkis ground forces started attacking.  **nononono*

I can only imagine their horror and once ISIS is on the loose again, I hope that Trump will realize the horror that they inflict and if he thinks that they won't rage their terror on the U.S. he is sadly, sadly mistaken.  His logic that they will all go to Europe is lunacy ... we still have no grip on who is coming in through our southern border; after all still NO complete or adequate barrier.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I can only imagine their horror and once ISIS is on the loose again, I hope that Trump will realize the horror that they inflict and if he thinks that they won't rage their terror on the U.S. he is sadly, sadly mistaken. His logic that they will all go to Europe is lunacy ... we still have no grip on who is coming in through our southern border; after all still NO complete or adequate barrier.

@libertybele we've seen enough of how Trump reacts to situations where he's been wrong to know that won't happen.  Like with his ridiculous statement yesterday about ISIS fighters returning to Europe if the escape and that baabble about the Kurds not helping us in Normandy...he'll blame someone else for this policy mistake as well.