Author Topic: Graham, Van Hollen announce new Turkey sanctions  (Read 152 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Graham, Van Hollen announce new Turkey sanctions
« on: October 09, 2019, 10:13:22 pm »
Graham, Van Hollen announce new Turkey sanctions
By Jordain Carney - 10/09/19 05:09 PM EDT

Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.) on Wednesday announced that they have reached an agreement on new sanctions against Turkey after the country launched a military operation in northern Syria.

"I am pleased to have reached a bipartisan agreement with Senator @ChrisVanHollen on severe sanctions against Turkey for their invasion of Syria," Graham said in a tweet announcing the deal.

He added that "while the Administration refuses to act against Turkey, I expect strong bipartisan support. ... Most Members of Congress believe it would be wrong to abandon the Kurds who have been strong allies against ISIS."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/465092-graham-van-hollen-announce-new-turkey-sanctions
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Re: Graham, Van Hollen announce new Turkey sanctions
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 10:22:02 pm »
Oh, no.  Next thing you know we'll be issuing a sternly worded letter!
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.