Author Topic: Neither Rush nor Hannity has mentioned the Turkey invasion  (Read 1618 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Neither Rush nor Hannity has mentioned the Turkey invasion
« on: October 09, 2019, 07:44:02 pm »
Neither Rush nor Hannity has mentioned the Turkey invasion on their radio shows.

You can't tell me they approve of Trump's move of pulling out our troops in Syria..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Neither Rush nor Hannity has mentioned the Turkey invasion
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 07:52:05 pm »
Both of them are two cowards who ran to Trump when it was politically expedient for them to do so.

Sean "The talking muppet" Hannity and Douche Limpballs...

Offline berdie

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 08:22:41 pm »
Neither Rush nor Hannity has mentioned the Turkey invasion on their radio shows.

You can't tell me they approve of Trump's move of pulling out our troops in Syria..

I only listened to Rush for a short while when running errands. I never listen to Hannity. If they are not mentioning it  does give me pause. Trump in on tv right now and has done a major deflection. I think he knows he made a mistake...as do Rush and Hannity. Is Levin saying anything?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 12:59:17 am »
Maybe they are waiting for talking points from the propaganda ministry.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 01:28:07 am »
Friday, Mark Steyn was the guest host, he did talk about it but I thought, well, I thought it was beneath him, it was sort of trying to justify it.

Then, the night of the invasion or night after, I caught some Levine, he didn't mention it.

Larry Elder, only caught some of his show, he discussed it and what was happening. I don't think he approved of what the president did but he didn't editorialize on it much like say "this is disgraceful" or something.

Some seem to be holding their punches, Tom Cotton was at the event in Minneapolis, I looked at Cotton's twitter accounts, I saw nothing on this.

So some such as Cotton, may not be cowering from the issue but just being silent, I doubt he would appprove of this imho, boneheaded decision.

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2019, 01:32:31 am »

They don't want to get Shemped.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2019, 02:18:13 am »

Are you referring to this "pulling out" @mystery-ak

A senior administration official told reporters Monday that Sunday’s announcement did not constitute a full U.S. withdrawal from Syria and that only 50 to 100 U.S. special operations forces were moving to other locations in Syria.

The official explained that Trump’s decision to move the special operators out of the zone of a potential Turkish operation was done to protect troops and keep them out of the crossfire.

Those troops are moving to more secure areas over the next several days, the official said.

https://www.militarytimes.com/flashpoints/2019/10/07/how-the-us-troop-withdrawal-from-northern-syria-could-create-an-isis-resurgence/

There's nothing really newsworthy about the hyperbole and frothing of the mouths of misinformed elected officials and the usual suspects in the media.

What *is* newsworthy is shining a light on the quicksand of the Middle East and debating how long we want to be caught in it.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2019, 02:22:37 am »
Are you referring to this "pulling out" @mystery-ak

Yes, I am..I listen to both Hannity and Rush's radio show and it was never mentioned..Rush's transcripts are posted here at TBR
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2019, 02:30:53 am »
Yes, I am..I listen to both Hannity and Rush's radio show and it was never mentioned..Rush's transcripts are posted here at TBR

:shrug:  Maybe they had more important things to talk about.  I don't watch/listen to either so I'll have to rely on you for what they did talk about.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2019, 02:35:13 am »

IMO, they're doing what other thinking people are doing...digesting various opinions and events unfolding as a result, BEFORE going off half-cocked for the umpteenth time due to an inner bias.

Funny....Kurt Schlicter was a guest on Larry O'Connell's show on WMAL105.9 FM in D.C. yesterday. 

Larry kept teasing him because Schlicter....(who used to get more threads locked in here than anybody) was cited by the President during a news conference for his expert analysis and opinion on Turkey and the Kurds.  Calling him 'most influential', etc..
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2019, 02:36:18 am »

I agree with you... he didn't discuss on the day it was announced...and then he took off on Friday, so maybe Monday, he'll delve into it.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2019, 04:15:01 am »
Maybe they are waiting for talking points from the propaganda ministry.

I was a listener of Rush 1991- 2016.  Then he got bought off by Trump, and have tuned him out since.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2019, 04:27:43 am »
@DCPatriot
@Right_in_Virginia
@mystery-ak

He actually did talk about it on Thursday....  I heard him in the car....

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/10/10/why-the-swamp-is-going-bonkers-over-syria/

(well worth reading....  a lot of truth in there....)

Why the Swamp Is Going Bonkers Over Syria

RUSH: I got an email during the break, changing subjects now because once I’ve said something about something, there’s nothing much left to be said.

“Dear Mr. Limbaugh, you have not mentioned Trump and Turkey and Syria and the Kurds.” How do you know? How does anybody know I haven’t mentioned that? Only somebody that has listened to and not missed a moment could even think that. But that’s not the point.

The email says, “Mr. Limbaugh, the swamp is universally and hysterically against the removal of troops from Syria by Trump. It’s almost like they all have some deal where they make millions if we stay in.” They do. And let me explain to you how this works. Now, again, I’m gonna give you theory. I think what I’m going describe for you does exist, but I can’t give you names of companies, conglomerates, or what have you.

But I firmly believe that war is one of the most profitable enterprises on the planet. That’s why there’s never gonna be an end to it. There’s never gonna be peace as peaceniks desire because there’s gobs of money in war. Because in war you make money doing both things. You actually make money four ways. You make money winning and losing, you make money destroying and rebuilding.

So let’s say that you are gigantic conglomerate A, you’re an international conglomerate. You do business in a lot of places around the world, including the United States. And you have purchased a lot of influence with the Department of Defense and relative members of Congress on the House and Senate committees that appropriate money for defense. And you own lots of difference businesses. You have a construction business. You have a plumbing business. You have an arms business. You have any number other things.

And what do you need? You need for countries to be at war. You need things to be destroyed so that you can rebuild them. You need weapons made and ammo made so the destruction can take place so that you can sell the stuff. And then when stocks run dry after a big war, you need to remake and resupply all of the militaries around the world that you’re supplying.

And any time there is an end to declared hostilities, well, it can be panic inducing if you’ve got a lot of money invested in declared hostilities. So you have conglomerate A and they have spent their lives, various CEOs and all the people that work there in the executive committee, they’ve spent their lives buying influence throughout the military-industrial complex. And they operate around the world.

What happens if a company you never heard of actually is bankrolling terrorists to conduct terror attacks in some unknown little country in the Middle East, make one up just for the sake of the story. So you, as evil conglomerate A, you go finance a terror attack against the duly just government of San Cordoba.

Then you go to San Cordoba and you say you’ve heard that they’re at risk and you sell them weapons for their defense, and they buy them for you. You have funded the terrorists who are going to attack San Cordoba, and then you got San Cordoba buying military means to defend themselves. Then the hostilities break out, and the terror attack that you have sponsored takes place against San Cordoba.

You might even involve the CIA in this. You might even have as a secondary, tertiary employee a CIA agent who’s on the ground in these places keeping you informed of what’s going on, helping to spur things along. I think the web, the tentacles of operations like it is are all over the world.

So the terror attack on San Cordoba happens. And the terror attack on San Cordoba is pretty devastating. San Cordoba was not prepared for it, a lot of people are killed, a lot of things are destroyed, but the terrorists eventually leave, or they take over San Cordoba, whichever, whatever, San Cordoba needs to be rebuilt. So the people that paid for it to be blown up via terrorism are right there to rebuild it, acting as though they had nothing to do with it, by the way.

None of this is known. I’m telling you, this is all an intricately woven web of deceit. But the idea that Iran’s the only bunch sponsoring terrorism out there I think is a bit naïve, and that there’s all kinds of money to be made going to war. There are careers to be made and destroyed. You could even have some military people in your pocket. You give them the battle plans for the terrorist attack on San Cordoba, and then you enable this military guy you know to advise San Cordoba.

San Cordoba’s defense repels the terrorist attack. The general looks great and gets a promotion. Who knows, folks? This stuff is so possible, and it’s into all this that steps Donald J. Trump, claiming to end it, claiming to drain it — and what did he do? He said, “We’re gonna get out of the world.” He said, “The toughest thing that I do is sign letters to parents of young people killed in war.” He said, “It’s the toughest thing that I do — and when it happens when I can’t see any vested American interest, national interest, it makes it even worse.”

As far as Trump’s concerned, he’s just following through on a campaign promise that if it doesn’t help our national security, if it doesn’t benefit us in any way, we’re gonna get out of these places, and let these people hammer their own affairs. Now, in this case, we do appear to be abandoning our once great allies, the Kurds. The Kurds, Syria is gonna overrun ’em with Turkey and so forth. But the email is correct in that the swamp is going on bonkers over this!

The reaction to Trump pulling out, these are people that… Again, we’ve got some amazingly great, hypocritical contradictions. We got people who hate war, who hate the U.S. military, who don’t want us anywhere, complaining that we’re getting out of Syria. I’m talking about leftists who think the U.S. military is the focus of evil. There are people who ought to be standing up and applauding this, if they are consistent in their so-called military policy, national security policy.

You know as well as I do that the Democrat Party has many people on the left that hate war, don’t want any part of it, hate the U.S. military, hate military success. We also know that the Democratic Party has numerous people in the upper echelons who love it and profit from it just like anybody else does. We also know this because when Democrats are in office, wars spread. The United States was at war longer and in more places under Barack Obama than any president recent history, including George W. Bush.

(impression) “I’m gonna get us out of Afghanistan. I’m gonna get out! We’re not gonna be there long.” He kept ratcheting up our presence in Afghanistan. He got us all of Iraq and put the troops somewhere else. Iraq’s overrun. ISIS is invented and created because of Obama policy, necessitating us to redeploy soldiers and armaments elsewhere. A lot of Obama’s supporters were ticked off. They believed him that he was gonna get us out of these wars.

Well, Trump has done it, and (sigh) what are the odds these wars are ever gonna really be over? The money to be made with these wars being waged would boggle your mind. I don’t mean to be cynical about it. I don’t mean to be cynical at all. I’m engaging here in a real life truth. But this again, Trump is pulling us of you Syria — and delayed. I mean, he promised in his campaign to do this rather soon after he was inaugurated. He’s following through on it.

We’re told that this is one of the reasons Mattis resigned was because Trump was threatening to do this and Mattis couldn’t talk him out of it and Mattis was diametrically opposed to it on military and moral grounds. But we’re now pulling American young men and women out of this area where we have repeatedly been told that there’s no real U.S. national interests at stake.
It’s one of these things that a lot of people, a lot of presidents, a lot of party officials have promised to do it, but here comes Trump doing it. The fact that there is universal, widespread hysteria about this from people who normally would be leading the way out of Syria, tells me that it’s just whatever Trump does, there is going to be massive manufactured opposition to it.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: That’s what we do here. We make the complex understandable. I’ll tell you something else, folks, about Trump pulling out of Syria. There’s something that doesn’t get said much about the U.S. military. There’s a lot of great things, don’t misunderstand.

But the U.S. military is largely, not exclusively by no means, but largely comprised of people from our middle class.
They’re the ones that volunteer. They’re the ones who go to basic training, and they’re the ones that deploy. They and their families are the ones that pay the price. And the military deserves all the accolades it gets, but Washington has gone bonkers over this, and all Trump is saying here is that, his words, the toughest thing I do is sit here and realize American young men and women are dying, and I don’t know what for.

It’s largely the middle class that are making these sacrifices. And you know the middle class. The middle class are called average Americans, and they’re looked at as this gigantic blob of the population, not a bunch of individuals, but just a gigantic blob. They’re only the people who make the country work in practically every which way that matters, including volunteering for the U.S. military.

The Pentagon’s probably got people in there going bonkers today, can’t believe this, you don’t pull out, oh, my God. So forth and so on, because this is so out of the accepted norms. And it’s classic Trump in that sense.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2019, 04:52:54 am »
Thanks, @EdJames.  Rush has redeemed himself a bit in my opinion. 

Offline TomSea

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2019, 08:54:37 am »
@DCPatriot
@Right_in_Virginia
@mystery-ak

He actually did talk about it on Thursday....  I heard him in the car....

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/10/10/why-the-swamp-is-going-bonkers-over-syria/

(well worth reading....  a lot of truth in there....)

Why the Swamp Is Going Bonkers Over Syria

RUSH: I got an email during the break, changing subjects now because once I’ve said something about something, there’s nothing much left to be said.

<snipped>

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Let's see, 2011, Obama withdrew troops from Iraq,  Iraq status of forces agreement.. and that was a catastrophe. Are we saying, "oh yeah, Obama didn't let the swamp get at him"... so, I'd call the above pretty weak.

It's like Graham said,  scorn him if you want, he said, "we are repeating the same mistake Obama made", it's just another take on the subject, one can say that as well.

Trump called "Obama and Clinton" founders of ISIS, well guess what? If ISIS regenerates, wouldn't Trump be a founder too then?

Last December, Trump made this same kind of announcement about withdrawing troops...December January around then, now, it's just historic fact, shortly after, a suicide bomber went out and killed Americans, I mean, if people's memories are so short, let's revisit that.

Americans Killed in Syria Were No Strangers to War

By Richard A. Oppel Jr. and Eric Schmitt

Jan. 18, 2019

The four Americans who were killed by a suicide bomber in Syria on Wednesday were no strangers to America’s war zones overseas.

One was a top military linguist who worked closely with the National Security Agency and was on her eighth deployment. One was a hard-pounding rebounder on his high school basketball team who joined the Army Special Forces and served a half-dozen times in Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria. And one was a former member of the Navy SEALs who later supervised the collection of intelligence for a Pentagon agency.

A fourth American killed was an Arabic interpreter who spent much of her childhood living in Syria and worked for a private defense contractor.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/18/us/syria-soldiers-killed.html

Okay, I don't blame Trump for this, that'd be stupid but at the same time, this might not have happened if he didn't make that announcement, this bombing seemed to be the terrorists pulling something to try to urge us to get out as soon as possible. That's just speculation but I think it's plausible.

As far as I'm concerned, Trump is just being "Obama II" at that. Sorry. And Rush should air this as well.

Give me a break, you crack that same speech out for Obama in 2011.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 08:55:58 am by TomSea »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2019, 02:12:41 pm »
Yes...thanks @EdJames for posting that..I thought I posted all the transcripts from Thurs..I'll remember to check back later in the day to see if all were posted.

I don't know how I missed Rush talking about this..I listened to him all day...hmmm
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 02:15:10 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2019, 03:24:01 pm »
Thanks @EdJames for finding this.

Rush also makes excellent points .. kindda makes me wish we had a bookmark feature.   happy77

Thanks again.

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2019, 03:40:15 pm »
@TomSea

The goal of the separate Kurdish tribes is to unite and carve out a new country Kurdistan.  Unsurprisingly, none of these countries want to “donate” territory to a new Kurdistan, thus the conflict.  Unless we are going to take on Iraq, Iran, Syria and Turkey to create a country of Kurdistan, we have no reason to be there on behalf of "the Kurds".

As for ISIS ... how about we let Iran, Turkey, Syria and Russia play whack a Sunni for a while?  If necessary, we can always go back and bomb the hell out of them again. 

But there is no American interest demanding we put or keep boots on the ground.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2019, 03:50:46 pm »
Yes...thanks @EdJames for posting that..I thought I posted all the transcripts from Thurs..I'll remember to check back later in the day to see if all were posted.

I don't know how I missed Rush talking about this..I listened to him all day...hmmm

Same here.   Strange.   :shrug:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2019, 04:25:24 pm »
@TomSea

The goal of the separate Kurdish tribes is to unite and carve out a new country Kurdistan.  Unsurprisingly, none of these countries want to “donate” territory to a new Kurdistan, thus the conflict.  Unless we are going to take on Iraq, Iran, Syria and Turkey to create a country of Kurdistan, we have no reason to be there on behalf of "the Kurds".

As for ISIS ... how about we let Iran, Turkey, Syria and Russia play whack a Sunni for a while?  If necessary, we can always go back and bomb the hell out of them again. 

But there is no American interest demanding we put or keep boots on the ground.

Fine, then Trump should have never criticized Hillary/Barak for doing the same. Your defense can apply to Obama's Iraq withdrawal in 2011.

@Right_in_Virginia

And that Kurdistan discourse is jhst opinion. Looks impressive with the maps.

Turkey oulawed the Kurdish languages in school and dociety or something, not the picture you paint. It may be true to an extent but it certainly is not the only factor.

Demographically, the Kurds should outnumber the Turks, they should wait.

Also, there are some Kurd-Turk alliances as in Iraq, Turkey trained Kurd soldiers.

There are 40,000,000 Kurds in all.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 04:30:45 pm by TomSea »

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2019, 04:43:21 pm »
Fine, then Trump should have never criticized Hillary/Barak for doing the same.  @Right_in_Virginia 

:laugh:  You forgot to add this, Tom

Offline TomSea

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2019, 04:48:27 pm »
World News
November 22, 2014 / 6:44 AM / 5 years ago
Turkey trains Kurdish peshmerga forces in fight against Islamic State
Humeyra Pamuk

ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Turkish soldiers are training Kurdish peshmerga fighters in northern Iraq and will give similar assistance to a new national army unit in Baghdad as part of the struggle against Islamic State, a senior Turkish official said on Saturday.

Turkish soldiers began special forces training with Kurdish fighters in northern Iraq three weeks ago, peshmerga spokesman Brigadier General Halgurd Hikmat said. The Turkish official said similar assistance would be given to Iraq’s National Guard.

“Turkey has already started training peshmerga forces in northern Iraq ... and we have agreed to train and give assistance to the National Guard,” the official said.

More at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-turkey-iraq-idUSKCN0J60B720141122

Apparently, there is not a uniform hate relationship between the Turks and Kurds. A few years ago, Turkey in fact, was being stubborn and staying in Iraq.  It must be that PKK but I can't buy that all of this is about carving out that Kurdistan.

@Right_in_Virginia

Offline TomSea

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2019, 04:57:47 pm »
Anyway, Obama's mismanagement in Iraq led largely, not totally, to the rise of ISIS and that was withdrawing troops. So, this is doing the same idiotic thing. Trump salvaged something out of the Iraq intervention, now, he's doing somewhat like Obama, we will see.

Anyway, Lindsey Graham says so too.