Author Topic: White House officials: Mueller pursued FBI director post in 2017, contrary to sworn testimony  (Read 406 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House officials: Mueller pursued FBI director post in 2017, contrary to sworn testimony
by Ellie Bufkin
 | October 08, 2019 07:26 PM

Several White House officials have confirmed President Trump's assertion that former special counsel Robert Mueller was hoping to become the director of the FBI when he first met with Trump in 2017.

Mueller was seeking the top job at the FBI when Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein approached him to become special counsel, administrative officials told Fox News. Mueller denied that he was pursuing the job under oath during testimony before Congress.

"My understanding was I was not applying for the job,” Mueller testified on July 24. “I was asked to give my input on what it would take to do the job."

"It has been reported that Robert Mueller is saying that he did not apply and interview for the job of FBI Director (and get turned down) the day before he was wrongfully appointed Special Counsel," Trump tweeted the day of Robert Mueller's congressional testimony on the summary of his two-year investigation. "Hope he doesn’t say that under oath in that we have numerous witnesses to the interview, including the Vice President of the United States!"

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house-officials-mueller-pursued-fbi-director-post-in-2017-contrary-to-sworn-testimony
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34