Author Topic: Exclusive: Democrats willing to risk 2020 chances to impeach Trump - Reuters/Ipsos poll  (Read 174 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
October 8, 2019 / 3:18 PM / Updated 3 hours ago
Exclusive: Democrats willing to risk 2020 chances to impeach Trump - Reuters/Ipsos poll
Chris Kahn

5 Min Read

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Most Democrats want to impeach U.S. President Donald Trump, even if that means weakening their party’s chances of winning back the White House in the 2020 election, according to a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll.

The poll, conducted on Monday and Tuesday, found that 55% of Democrats said that their party leaders should press ahead with impeachment even “if it means a lengthy and expensive process that could weaken their chances of winning the presidency in 2020.”

And even a higher number - 66% of Democrats - agreed that Congress should pursue impeachment, “even if that means they will need to postpone efforts to pass laws that could benefit me.”

Overall, the poll found that support for impeachment remains unchanged overall among all Americans - holding at 45% since last week. But opposition to impeachment dropped by 2 percentage points from last week to 39%.

more
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-whistleblower-poll-exclusiv/exclusive-democrats-willing-to-risk-2020-chances-to-impeach-trump-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKBN1WN2D6
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Perhaps the rats think Trumps a sho-in and this is the only way they’ll be rid of him.

But I think that’s bullsh*t, this impeachment crap is a 2020 campaign strategy.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Perhaps the rats think Trumps a sho-in and this is the only way they’ll be rid of him.

But I think that’s bullsh*t, this impeachment crap is a 2020 campaign strategy.

I think most rats expect to defeat President Trump at the polls but many foresee an impeachment before the elections as energizing the GOP base.  An impeachment by the House but failure to convict in the Senate could even be seen as a victory by Trump and his supporters.  He would certainly tweet it that way.  However if Trump wins re-election it could make it much harder to impeach post 2020.

Pelosi says she wants to wrap up impeachment before the holidays.  Ostensibly to avoid the appearance of affecting the election.  I would not have a problem with a slow drip impeachment until the elections but you would.  You and many others would be anxious to vote against the rats.  I think Pelosi understands it but rat voters are very, very angry at President Trump.  I doubt they can be placated with promises to impeach after the elections.