Author Topic: FL Court: Cities must cooperate with ICE or elected officials will be removed from office  (Read 368 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/fl-court-cities-must-cooperate-with-ice-or-elected-officials-will-be-removed-from-office/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

FL Court: Cities must cooperate with ICE or elected officials will be removed from office
Law Enforcement Today
October 6th 2019
by the LET Staff

It’s a landmark ruling out of Miami, Florida that was handed down from a federal district judge.

Cooperate with ICE… or you’re out of a job.

There was a new Florida state law that put a ban on sanctuary cities. It also ordered law enforcement officers to continue full cooperation with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

Miami U.S. District Court Judge Beth Bloom upheld a majority of the components of that law on Monday, just one day before SB 168 went into effect.

On top of banning sanctuary cities in Florida, it also creates a new mandate. It requires police departments to hold inmates for an additional 48 hours to give ICE enough time to take custody of them.

More at URL above...

Offline Fishrrman

This is a GIANT STEP in the right direction.

I've posted my thoughts on this previously numerous times here at the Briefing Room.

If local/county/state officials won't comply with federal law regarding immigration, it's time for the feds to move in and REMOVE them from their positions. Peacefully... or otherwise!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
There were several other posts on this ruling the past few days... but this site really laid it out in black and white!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

What happens if the governor himself signs a law prohibiting LEO's from cooperating with ICE?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What happens if the governor himself signs a law prohibiting LEO's from cooperating with ICE?

You mean a future liberal Gov?   

Offline skeeter

You mean a future liberal Gov?

I mean the greasy haired weenie Gavin Newsome.

Offline jpsb

Does this ruling just apply to Fla or is it nation wide? tia

Offline Wingnut

I mean the greasy haired weenie Gavin Newsome.

Does this ruling just apply to Fla or is it nation wide? tia

This applies to Florida only.  Ron Desantos signed the bill into law earlier this year.  It was challenged by the usual suspects.  The judge bitch slapped them down. 

Offline Fishrrman

skeeter asks:
"What happens if the governor himself signs a law prohibiting LEO's from cooperating with ICE?"

Then it's the job of the president -- who is "higher up" than the governor of ANY state insofar as the "Constitutional law enforcement peckin' order" goes -- to step up to the task, send in the Army, and offer that governor a choice:
1. Enforce federal laws,
or
2. Be physically removed from office immediately.

See... that was easy!

And before you reply, "balderdash", I will say... "Little Rock, 1957".