Author Topic: Ellen DeGeneres defends herself after being pilloried online for sitting with her 'friend' George W  (Read 1770 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Applewood wrote:
"Now I wouldn't mind a return to 1950s values and decency, but dividing people according to racial, religious, ethnic or political lines -- no."

Sumthin' tells me you can't have it both ways.
It's gonna be one... or... the other.

I'd prefer 1954 again.
The good... AND "the bad".
It's all fine with me.

Offline thackney

Applewood wrote:
"Now I wouldn't mind a return to 1950s values and decency, but dividing people according to racial, religious, ethnic or political lines -- no."

Sumthin' tells me you can't have it both ways.
It's gonna be one... or... the other.

I'd prefer 1954 again.
It's all fine with me.

I'm guessing you used the fountain on the left...

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm guessing you used the fountain on the left...

Aw...C'mon, man.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline thackney

Aw...C'mon, man.....

That was not intended as a personal insult.  But the post @Fishrrman was responding to:

but dividing people according to racial, religious, ethnic or political lines -- no."

I'd prefer 1954 again.
It's all fine with me.

Offline musiclady

Aw...C'mon, man.....

I thought exactly the same thing as @thackney .

Longing for both the good and bad of 1954 means longing for segregated water fountains, bathrooms, seating on the bus.....

I thought long and hard about saying something about what @Fishrrman was saying (from pasts posts I think I know), but I'm glad that thackney said it.

In spite of the fact that the left throws the word "racism" around in meaningless and purely political ways, real racism actually does exist.

And unfortunately it rears its ugly head on occasion right here on TBR.

NO one should long for the bad parts of the 1950's in the Democrat south, and posting about it here as though it somehow represents conservatism is, to me, reprehensible.

We ought to be better than that, @Cyber Liberty .  MUCH better.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline NavyCanDo

Everyone is falling all over themselves to talk about how great this is...and they ignore the fact that the one and only thing that brings them together as "friends" is their shared hatred of the current President.

That’s just stupid.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline dfwgator

Bush does likes him some liberal women:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I wonder how long before Ellen caves and announces her hatred for Bush...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I thought exactly the same thing as @thackney .

Longing for both the good and bad of 1954 means longing for segregated water fountains, bathrooms, seating on the bus.....

I thought long and hard about saying something about what @Fishrrman was saying (from pasts posts I think I know), but I'm glad that thackney said it.

In spite of the fact that the left throws the word "racism" around in meaningless and purely political ways, real racism actually does exist.

And unfortunately it rears its ugly head on occasion right here on TBR.

NO one should long for the bad parts of the 1950's in the Democrat south, and posting about it here as though it somehow represents conservatism is, to me, reprehensible.

We ought to be better than that, @Cyber Liberty .  MUCH better.

The Mods generally handle that sort of thing through the Moderator Reporting system and PMs, not on the open forum.  That's why you don't hear about it very often, and not that we've been ignoring them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I wonder how long before Ellen caves and announces her hatred for Bush...

I doubt that she will.  She knows better than most just who she's dealing with.  I thought she handled being called "Ellen Degenerate" by Jerry Falwell pretty well.
I will NOT comply.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I doubt that she will.  She knows better than most just who she's dealing with.  I thought she handled being called "Ellen Degenerate" by Jerry Falwell pretty well.

When all these *celebs* start boycotting her show she may change her mind...if she sticks to her guns she has my admiration..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline thackney

The Mods generally handle that sort of thing through the Moderator Reporting system and PMs, not on the open forum.  That's why you don't hear about it very often, and not that we've been ignoring them.

I was surprised by @Fishrrman opinion, but it wasn't an attack on any one.  I felt someone who had to drink from the other fountain likely had a very different opinion of the time, as well as many others.

Sorry for the distraction to the thread.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I was surprised by @Fishrrman opinion, but it wasn't an attack on any one.  I felt someone who had to drink from the other fountain likely had a very different opinion of the time, as well as many others.

Sorry for the distraction to the thread.

No harm, no foul my friend.   :beer:

It gave me a chance to clear up something.  Now, back to important stuff, like the never-ending Trump wars.   *****rollingeyes*****

(Do you like pie?)
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
When all these *celebs* start boycotting her show she may change her mind...if she sticks to her guns she has my admiration..

Dittos.  Even if she marches to a different drum.
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

I appreciate knowing that.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline thackney

(Do you like pie?)

I like puh·kaan pie but I hate pee-can pie.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Bush does likes him some liberal women:

Here's a couple of others who vigorously support Planned Parenthood.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I like puh·kaan pie but I hate pee-can pie.

Spoken as a true Texan!  Of course, you like the right kind....
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

Being that they are 'somewhat' Dallas Cowboy/Jerry Jones fans told me all I need to know.

Ditto.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Hoodat

How's that coaching search going?  :whistle:

Poorly.  Their scouting needs even more work because their drafting sucks.  Still love them though.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Poorly.  Their scouting needs even more work because their drafting sucks.  Still love them though.
There's an overpriced one in College Station I know about that just might be available in the near future after the thrashing that will be made there tomorrow.  Looks like he will go 6-6 this year.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Good for Ellen.

Notice that no one on the right is complaining that Bush sat next to DeGeneres.

@kidd

Why would we? Boy Jorge is as queer as a 3 dollar bill,and a globalist asshat to boot. He and Ellen are a matched pair and there is zero possibility of either trying to hit on the other.

BTW,just how far left do you have to be to consider one of your own a traitor for sitting next to Boy Jorge at a freaking sporting event?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!