Author Topic: College admin intervenes after student gov twice denies conservative group recognition  (Read 537 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=13825

College admin intervenes after student gov twice denies conservative group recognition

Santa Clara University approved the Young Americans for Freedom (YAF) chapter after the group was previously denied registered status on two separate occasions.

Santa Clara University’s Associated Student Government (ASG) denied the conservative student group registered student organization status twice -- once in late April and again in late May. Following those denials, the chapter appealed the Student Government’s decision to the Vice Provost of Student Life, Jeanne Rosenberger, who denied the YAF chapter's appeal in June.

In a letter dated September 28, SCU Vice Provost for Student Life Jeanne Rosenberger wrote to the chapter's chairman, Quinn Eibert that she would intervene and grant Young Americans for Freedom official RSO status:  “Over the course of the summer, I reviewed all of the materials again, as well as my notes from meetings with student leaders at the end of the term/ Although there were several reasons given for why some ASG senators voted against recognizing YAF, my further review led me to a different conclusion than was communicated in June.”

This marks the second time in less than three years that SCU administrators have intervened following the student government refusing to recognize conservative groups. In March 2017, the vice provost intervened to approve the Santa Clara Turning Point USA chapter.

University of Santa Clara is not a government school, it is a private Catholic university. Students - and therefore members of the student government - are not necessarily Catholic, but partisan @#$% like this does not bode well for the Catholic Church.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 12:51:18 am by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Student government = "democracy" at work...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The "student government," stated that Ben Shapiro might make minority students feel "unsafe."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln