Author Topic: State Department blocks ambassador from speaking to Congress in Trump impeachment inquiry  (Read 4287 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Dang! (Yes, that is one way to get her out, and Constitutional).
Seriously?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Seriously?
Seriously, though unlikely with a Dem majority.

Article I, Section 5, of the United States Constitution provides that "Each House [of Congress] may determine the Rules of its proceedings, punish its members for disorderly behavior, and, with the concurrence of two-thirds, expel a member."

No way her ongoing witch hunt isn't disorderly behaviour interfering with the normal business of the Government. (Of course what keeps them chasing their tails up on the Hill only costs us money, not so much our Liberty).
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 07:38:05 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Seriously, though unlikely with a Dem majority.

Article I, Section 5, of the United States Constitution provides that "Each House [of Congress] may determine the Rules of its proceedings, punish its members for disorderly behavior, and, with the concurrence of two-thirds, expel a member."

OK then.  Dream the dream, and keep hope alive. Don't forget to contact your representative to support this.  happy77

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
OK then.  Dream the dream, and keep hope alive. Don't forget to contact your representative to support this.  happy77
He's a 'pubbie, so he might. but a 2/3 majority to unseat her is highly unlikely.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

He's a 'pubbie, so he might. but a 2/3 majority to unseat her is highly unlikely.
Really?
Now you're sounding pessimistic like me.  Pick that chin off the ground and sing along.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=S94Bh3Qez9o

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"High" is just as good a theory as any. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: