Author Topic: Observations From A Year Of Carrying A Double-Action Gun  (Read 775 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Observations From A Year Of Carrying A Double-Action Gun
« on: October 08, 2019, 01:58:01 am »
Daily Caller by Sam Hoober 10/5/2019

Last year, carrying 3 pounds of 1911+ammunition got old, so I picked up a different carry pistol. Specifically, a TriStar C-100, which is a compact DA/SA pistol in 9mm. Since I’ve been carrying and shooting this pistol for more than a year, with closing in on 1,000 rounds through it to date, I have some observations about what life is like with a double-action gun.

Why this gun instead of, say, a nice compact striker pistol?

First was the idea of a double-action first shot. The theory goes that the longer, heavier trigger pull acts as a passive safety and guards against the possibility of unintentional discharges; if you shoot, you meant to. Or something like that.

I don’t have to recock it for dry firing. The extra resistance would also, according to my thinking at the time, help my trigger control technique. I mean, if you want to lift 600 pounds, you don’t train to lift 600 pounds; you train to lift 700.

Having used some of TriStar’s guns before (I reviewed their T-100 pistol and ViperMax shotgun for AmmoLand) I know their products to be well-made, accurate and reliable. It’s a CZ clone, so the ergonomics are fantastic and it has an old-school appeal that I like.

More: https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/05/ccw-weekend-observations-from-a-year-of-carrying-a-double-action-gun/