Author Topic: MSNBC panelist: We can impeach Pence first and let Trump name his replacement before he’s impeached  (Read 218 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

MSNBC panelist: We can impeach Pence first and let Trump name his replacement before he’s impeached too
Hotair, Oct 7, 2019

This clip from Saturday was advertised over the weekend by some as a plan to oust Trump and Pence so that Pelosi can become president. Not true — it’s even weirder than that. What Jill Wine-Banks, a former Watergate prosecutor, is proposing is a way to oust Trump and Pence so that Pelosi doesn’t become president. A “President Pelosi” scenario is preposterous inasmuch as Senate Republicans would never allow it, but as a melodramatic plot arc it’s perfectly straightforward. “Democratic coup! First Trump goes, then Pence goes due to his own role in the Ukraine matter, then Pelosi takes over as next in line in the order of succession.”

Wine-Banks recognizes that that’s a complete nonstarter for Senate Republicans and Republican voters. What she’s offering here is a way around it, a sort of compromise in which Trump and Pence both end up booted but a Republican nonetheless remains as president. Essentially we’d just reprise the sequence of events from 1973-74 but on an expedited timeline, and with the VP removed from office instead of forced to resign. Step one: Pence is impeached and removed. Step two: Trump is told that he’ll be impeached and removed too — but not until after he nominates a new VP, who’ll be confirmed by the Senate. Step three: Once the new VP is installed, Trump is impeached and removed and the new Trump-appointed VP takes over.

More:  https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit/2019/10/07/msnbc-panelist-can-impeach-pence-first-let-trump-name-replacement-hes-impeached/

Offline libertybele

I think the term "weird" is quite an understatement.  "Bat crap crazy" is more like it.  I'm still waiting to hear what the "impeachable offense is for Trump and for Pence.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
MSNBC Panelist.   

That was the tell
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
MSNBC is losing viewers in the thousands everyday. And part of that loss is their incredible zeal to spread preposterous false scenarios as plausible reality. How many times can even a deluded far-Left zealot be fooled?

Russian collusion - Trump is going to prison
Stormy payoff - Trump is going to prison
Abuse of power - Trump is going to prison
and on and on.

Now we have some kind of fake 'impeachment' circus happening, and they want to shift the focus to Pence (possibly the most squeaky-clean straight Christian on Earth)?

We are going to impeach Trump and Pence at the same time? Really? This is beyond delusional. The author describes this kind of thinking as an hallucination. I can't think of a better word for it. They might as well be discussing whether Santa Claus is somehow going to remove every Republican from office so that the Democrats can "install" the leader of their choice. While I realize that this represents the 'hopes and dreams' of Democrats everywhere, it is a pure fantasy. The fact that MSNBC presents this as a viable possibility, is what is causing them to hemorrhage audience.

MSNBC viewers are already mentally challenged. They believe all kinds of weird conspiracy theories. To fill them with false hope time and time again, with impossible stories about what is going to happen only to have it all crash down to reality every time, of course they are going to get frustrated and angry. YOU TOLD ME TRUMP IS GOING TO JAIL!!

NBC is not helping themselves telling their audience these bizarro fables. They should try sticking to real news for a change. They should try treating their audience with respect by reporting realistic reality, instead of lulling them to sleep with bedtime stories like this one.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 11:37:11 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Can someone give MSNBC a civics lesson.

Trump will not be removed by impeachment.  There's a little thing called a 2/3 vote Senate Conviction required.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That's not how it would go.  The Rats would simply refuse to confirm whomever Trump nominates as VP.  I have no idea why people think it could go any other way, because Pelosi gets to be President if the VP position is vacant.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: