Author Topic: Former George W. Bush chief of staff endorses Trump impeachment inquiry  (Read 163 times)

Offline corbe

Former George W. Bush chief of staff endorses Trump impeachment inquiry

By Justin Wise - 10/07/19 07:44 PM EDT

Andrew Card, who served as White House chief of staff during the George W. Bush administration, on Monday expressed support for House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry of President Trump, saying that "clearly lines have been crossed."

"I do think an impeachment inquiry is warranted," Card, who led Bush's White House team between 2001 and 2006, said on MSNBC while addressing revelations about Trump's alleged efforts to enlist Ukraine's help in his 2020 reelection campaign.

Card cautioned that he wasn't sure if Trump's actions qualified as an "impeachable offense" and implored members of Congress to let the investigation play out before reaching a conclusion on the matter.

"Most people in Congress have already made up their mind when they haven’t seen any evidence. I want people to calm down, take a look at it," he argued. "Don’t call a molehill a mountain. They tend to do that. There’s hyperbole on both sides. This is a serious process."

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/464763-former-george-w-bush-chief-of-staff-endorses-trump-impeachment
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I question the sanity or motive of any republican going on MSNBC.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.