Author Topic: Why the NBA cowered to its Chinese overlords  (Read 428 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

Why the NBA cowered to its Chinese overlords
« on: October 07, 2019, 05:38:15 pm »
https://sports.yahoo.com/why-the-nba-cowered-to-its-chinese-overlords-171046325.html

Over the weekend, Houston Rockets GM Daryl Morey — well known among the most diehard of fans but almost no one else — dared to weigh in on the ongoing, occasionally violent pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong.

“Fight For Freedom. Stand With Hong Kong,” Morey tweeted to his 200,000 followers.

The hypocrisy of the NBA's SJWs knows no bounds.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online mountaineer

Re: Why the NBA cowered to its Chinese overlords
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 06:27:54 pm »
Twitter:

Clay Travis @ClayTravis

This NBA-Hong Kong-China mess is fascinating. The NBA is super woke when it comes to things like made up US transgender bathroom disputes, but bent the knee to China when Daryl Morey came out in support of democracy & upset communists. Shows you how hypocritical the league is.

It will also be fascinating if the “woke” NBA stars making tons of money from China will support Morey’s comments here and risk their overseas endorsement money and brands.

Remember, the NBA pulled its all star game from Charlotte over a transgender bathroom dispute, which was all manufactured outrage, and just bent the knee to China over actual human rights abuses.

Will outspoken NBA woke activists @SteveKerr , @KingJames  & Greg Popovich stand up for Daryl Morey and his support of democracy in Hong Kong? They’re awfully outspoken about Trump. Surely they’ll condemn the NBA bending the knee to China over a GM’s support for democracy, right?

Think about this for a minute, Adam Silver banned the use of the word owner in the NBA because he said it was racially insensitive & then apologized to Chinese communists because one of his executives had the gall to say he supported democracy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 10:23:51 pm »
Chinks can't jump..  So what is this about.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 10:49:12 pm »
It's about the NBA cutting deals with China that are very lucrative, and the NBA is willing to overlook human rights abuses where money is involved. Pity the foolish GM who dared express support for freedom-seeking people.  NBA is not exactly pro-freedom.
 **nononono*

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 11:30:17 pm »
The NBA’s Bow To Chinese Repression Was Reprehensible
The only appropriate response from an American corporation in such a situation is some variation of ‘We stand by our people.’ Period.
By Giancarlo Sopo
October 7, 2019

As I was boarding my DC to Dallas flight, I read on Twitter that Chinese companies were suspending their ties with the Houston Rockets over a pro-Hong Kong tweet by its general manager, Daryl Morey. Assuming the NBA team had sided with Morey over Chinese communists, I congratulated @HoustonRockets and the league for standing by one of its own. I should have known better, but a part of me wants to believe this is what any American company would do.

Except the NBA apologized to China for Morey’s comments. ...

There are many reasons for corporate America’s indifference to our national interests, including MBA programs’ preoccupations with shaping “global citizens” instead of developing leaders who care about their country. To be clear, I am not calling for corporate jingoism. However, our country’s academic curricula and c-suite culture are long overdue for a reboot and realignment with America’s interests in the 21st century.

For now, the NBA should remember what and who the N in their name stands for. When they forget, American consumers must remind them who their “fans and friends” truly are.  Read the entire article at The Federalist

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 11:36:45 pm »
"NBA" ??
That's something to do with sports, right?

(jes' kiddin', but why would Euro-Americans be interested in that?)

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2019, 12:22:49 am »
"NBA" ??
That's something to do with sports, right?

(jes' kiddin', but why would Euro-Americans be interested in that?)

I think has more about something to do with tatooed thugs running  around a wooden floor.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2019, 11:16:03 am »
Some good points from Clay Travis on twitter:
Clay Travis   @ClayTravis
Steve Kerr has no comment on NBA’s China issues. He comments on every Trump tweet and can’t support democracy in China? What a complete and total coward.
(video: https://twitter.com/i/status/1181507119494959105 )
5:50 AM · Oct 8, 2019
-----------------------------
Clay Travis  @ClayTravis
Follow the money trail, y’all — @disney  owns @espn  and will do anything to keep China happy. That’s why you’re hearing virtually no criticism of @nba  from ESPN’s NBA crew. They’re cronies. Absolutely pathetic. ESPN is even broadcasting from China tomorrow. Silence is deafening.
7:38 PM · Oct 7, 2019

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2019, 11:25:20 pm »
Jesse Kelly  @JesseKellyDC
I love that every player and coach who’s spent the past few years running their mouths about the evils of everything conservative is now just a hapless dullard when it comes to China.

“Human rights violations??? In China??? Beats me.” @StephenCurry30
Anthony Slater   @anthonyVslater
 Â· 2h
Steph Curry: “This situation, there’s a huge weight and gravity to it. There’s going to need to be some things to be sorted out. But I just don’t know enough about Chinese history and how that’s influenced modern society...This is not going away. So we’ll come back to it.”
7:20 PM · Oct 9, 2019

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2019, 11:29:12 pm »
Oh yeah, speaking of Steph Curry news
Warriors’ Steph Curry Unveils ‘Range Unlimited’ Golf Collection In China
June 25, 2019 at 6:26 pm

SHENZHEN, China (CBS SF) – Warriors point guard Stephen Curry was looking good in green, and on the green, when he debuted his Under Armour Range Unlimited Golf line in China.  ...
Rest of story