Author Topic: Rumblings: Mitt Romney Is Weighing a Primary Challenge to Donald Trump  (Read 3720 times)

Offline Victoria33

Re: Rumblings: Mitt Romney Is Weighing a Primary Challenge to Donald Trump
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2019, 10:30:41 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Thinking about Romney and Trump and the general voting public who tend to vote Republican.  I don't include the smaller number of fanatics about politics like this and other conservative political websites. I am speaking about  general public awareness.

The general voting Repubiican public definitely know Trump has been in trouble/caused trouble, uses foul language, insults leaders of other countries, since he became president and they know he is the subject of a possible impeachment.  That is what the general public knows from the evening and morning news and what they hear on their radio in transit to their office. 

Enter Romney:  Romney signs up to run for president.  Romney is a smooth talker, uses nice words; looks nice.  Possible voters will think he is the opposite of the loud mouth, nasty talker, fat Trump.  As these voters hear Romney in the actual campaign, and they will since the actual campaign will be on their radios and TVs, they vote for Romney.  Here is a man they could vote for to get rid of the present president who is upsetting their peace everyday when they get home from work.

It is possible Romney could be the candidate.  Could he win over a Democrat?  He would speak better than Biden in debates and Biden has memory problems, speaking problems.   He would have trouble debating Warren since she is sharp knowing what has and is, happening in government.  She has no trouble coming up with answers to questions and has no physical speaking problems.

This is all conjecture on my part as to what might happen.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 10:32:19 pm by Victoria33 »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2019, 10:33:31 pm »
Romney is a bedwetter.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2019, 10:58:52 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Thinking about Romney and Trump and the general voting public who tend to vote Republican.  I don't include the smaller number of fanatics about politics like this and other conservative political websites. I am speaking about  general public awareness.

The general voting Repubiican public definitely know Trump has been in trouble/caused trouble, uses foul language, insults leaders of other countries, since he became president and they know he is the subject of a possible impeachment.  That is what the general public knows from the evening and morning news and what they hear on their radio in transit to their office. 

Enter Romney:  Romney signs up to run for president.  Romney is a smooth talker, uses nice words; looks nice.  Possible voters will think he is the opposite of the loud mouth, nasty talker, fat Trump.  As these voters hear Romney in the actual campaign, and they will since the actual campaign will be on their radios and TVs, they vote for Romney.  Here is a man they could vote for to get rid of the present president who is upsetting their peace everyday when they get home from work.

It is possible Romney could be the candidate.  Could he win over a Democrat?  He would speak better than Biden in debates and Biden has memory problems, speaking problems.   He would have trouble debating Warren since she is sharp knowing what has and is, happening in government.  She has no trouble coming up with answers to questions and has no physical speaking problems.

I don't give a crap anymore.  I'm tired of fighting a two-front war, so I'm done with it.

Y'all do what you want, you will anyway.  May you find the King you are looking for, and may those chains rest lightly upon you.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2019, 11:08:47 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Except Romney's problem is he lost to Obama, which should have by all the indications and polls, been an easy victory.  If I recall Romney came across very weak in the debates and didn't show any ability whatsoever to fight for his beliefs.  Not exactly presidential material, especially with the insanity on the left that he would face.

With impeachment on the brink, a possible downturn in the economy and what he just did in the Middle East., I think that our Republic and the GOP needs a miracle.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2019, 11:13:06 pm »
Except Romney's problem is he lost to Obama, which should have by all the indications and polls, been an easy victory.  If I recall Romney came across very weak in the debates and didn't show any ability whatsoever to fight for his beliefs.  Not exactly presidential material, especially with the insanity on the left that he would face.

With impeachment on the brink, a possible downturn in the economy and what he just did in the Middle East., I think that our Republic and the GOP needs a miracle.

Romney was doing fine in the debates, until he discovered he was against Candy Crowley as well as Obama, so he threw in the towel, just as surely as McCain did in October, 2008 when he came out and endorsed Obama for President.

Screw the Country, said Romney, and his attitude has not changed one iota. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2019, 11:16:59 pm »
Nah @sneakypete That ain't the truth. Not even close. I listened to that bullshit for 25 years - 25 years where not a single damn thing changed. This time is no different.  Y'all ooh and ahh, and pet this chooch the same way the bushies did theirs. And when he is done, he will have done nothing.

SOSDD

The clear and irrefutable fallacy in your logic is that he has already done much. Many important achievements...as I listed...are already achieved and many are demonstrably progressing. Moreso even then Reagan’s first 3 years...and my guess is you consider Reagan to have been a quality president. You’ve allowed emotion to obviate reason....and so have locked yourself into a self defeating paradigm in which no conservative President could ever be worthy.

It’s sad, actually...I think most of us feel great sorrow for you...and concern that you are part of that great Conservative tendency to defeat ourselves with internicine struggle whilst the lockstep Left marches to impose its will on the nation.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2019, 11:36:02 pm »
The clear and irrefutable fallacy in your logic is that he has already done much. Many important achievements...as I listed...are already achieved and many are demonstrably progressing. Moreso even then Reagan’s first 3 years...and my guess is you consider Reagan to have been a quality president. You’ve allowed emotion to obviate reason....and so have locked yourself into a self defeating paradigm in which no conservative President could ever be worthy.

It’s sad, actually...I think most of us feel great sorrow for you...and concern that you are part of that great Conservative tendency to defeat ourselves with internicine struggle whilst the lockstep Left marches to impose its will on the nation.

No really, he has not. A great percentage is by executive order - and will evaporate with the next dem administration. What we get to keep so far is a corporate tax cut, many judges of questionable value, a splintered Republican party, and foreign policy in disarray... Oh, and a galvanized and unified Democrat party.

The TEA party had it right. Ground-up restructuring from the county level on up. Overturning governorships, state and local legislatures, all the way on up. Then you get a political machine you can use. Because it is seldom one man that can move a country. There has to be a greater mechanism.

And while y'all spend political capital saving your precious orange idiot, all around him turns to dust.
There is your republican tendency to shoot itself in the foot - What you are doing right now.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2019, 11:40:31 pm »
No really, he has not. A great percentage is by executive order - and will evaporate with the next dem administration. What we get to keep so far is a corporate tax cut, many judges of questionable value, a splintered Republican party, and foreign policy in disarray... Oh, and a galvanized and unified Democrat party.

The TEA party had it right. Ground-up restructuring from the county level on up. Overturning governorships, state and local legislatures, all the way on up. Then you get a political machine you can use. Because it is seldom one man that can move a country. There has to be a greater mechanism.

And while y'all spend political capital saving your precious orange idiot, all around him turns to dust.
There is your republican tendency to shoot itself in the foot - What you are doing right now.

I'm not seeing your description of the Dems. They are a unified shitshow.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2019, 11:40:45 pm »

Romney was a freakin pit bull.  He fought like hell in the debates, attacking his enemies mercilessly.

Then he won the Republican nomination.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2019, 11:42:05 pm »

Who, and why on earth should anybody care?  The system is rigged.

I simply see no reason to give a damn.  No reason to keep fighting, so piss on them all.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2019, 11:44:10 pm »
:facepalm2:  So ... you really think that Trump is going to see Sanford's run as a reason for him not to seek re-election?  Seriously.

Well, that's not what I said, @libertybele.  I said he could be "part of the constructive pressure" brought to bear to convince Trump not to run for re-election.  I want to see a changing of the guard,  not internecine warfare that would destroy the party.

Trump was right for 2016, but he isn't right for 2020.   Consistently low approval ratings, despite a booming economy and jobs to be had,  is a sign of both danger and the unlikelihood that Trump can or will do anything to change things.  We don't need a change in direction, we just need a new leader.   It's what smart companies do all the time.  First they succeed with a change agent at the helm, then they switch to a leader who can preserve and protect the ground gained.   

That's where we are now, with the price of failure unacceptably high given the Dems' obsession with radicalism.   Trump must be replaced as the nominee,  by the constructive bringing of pressure.  Sanford can be a part of that, I think,  since he represents a serious and constructive critique that attracts traditional Republicans, those who are animated by such things as fiscal discipline and responsibility.  He's not a gadfly like Weld or a nutball like that Eagles guy.  He can be. at least for now, the place where the sensible critics of the President  can coalesce.   

Others must also get word to Trump that there is more at stake than his ego -  GOP control of the Senate and the means to confirm Constitutionalist judicial nominees, for starters.  McConnell, I think, ought to be able to get through to him that perhaps his greatest legacy will be those judges, serving decades into the future,  and it is critical to keep the Senate as a firewall.   

/ . .  unless there is truly a viable GOP candidate who can fill Trump's shoes . . .

I think there is.   
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 11:49:02 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2019, 11:46:27 pm »
I'm not seeing your description of the Dems. They are a unified shitshow.

Sure enough... But unified all the same. They will come out in droves to defeat the orange man.
And Republicans will not provide a unified defense. The party is hopelessly splintered. Tumpy has not provided unity.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2019, 11:46:48 pm »
Romney was a freakin pit bull.  He fought like hell in the debates, attacking his enemies mercilessly.

Then he won the Republican nomination.

And these are our "champions."  When we get someone who seems to want to do better, both sides turn on him, because he's not perfect.

I'm willing to battle Democrats all day long, but when it turns out Republicans won't fight them either and would rather fight me, I feel rather alone on the battlefield.  I'm tired, Boss, and there's nobody in the foxhole with me.

The whole country can enjoy their joyride to Hell, I don't care anymore.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2019, 11:48:27 pm »
Who, and why on earth should anybody care?  The system is rigged.

I simply see no reason to give a damn.  No reason to keep fighting, so piss on them all.

Sure it is. But I will keep fighting, tooth and nail. The difference being that I now serve Conservatism, not Republicans. I will vote for a Conservative every time.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2019, 11:48:30 pm »
There probably is, @Jazzhead.

Convincing 65 million voters is another thing.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2019, 11:51:58 pm »
And these are our "champions."  When we get someone who seems to want to do better, both sides turn on him, because he's not perfect.

It has nothing to do with being perfect. I certainly am not looking for perfect.
Start in principled conservatism. Agree on that. There is plenty of room for compromise beyond that.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2019, 11:55:27 pm »
It has nothing to do with being perfect. I certainly am not looking for perfect.
Start in principled conservatism. Agree on that. There is plenty of room for compromise beyond that.

Whatever the reason, it's imperative we Impeach the Orange Bastard. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2019, 11:56:21 pm »

Nope. That ain't coming from me.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2019, 11:59:44 pm »

Nope, not that I can see.  But we will all get to live with the consequences. 

I'll continue to work to help my local politicians, but I give up on all the rest.  I can't afford to be the only one in the foxhole, which is the way it is today.  Drawbridge up.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2019, 11:59:50 pm »
There probably is, @Jazzhead.

Convincing 65 million voters is another thing.

I'd like to think that, without the distraction of Donald Trump and the reality show, we can convince 65 million to oppose socialism,  support a dynamic, growing economy, and vote to revive Dr. King's dream of a nation that rewards the content of individual character.

@bigheadfred 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2019, 12:02:27 am »

Nor from me.  I want neither the man, nor the 63 million who voted for him, impeached. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2019, 12:05:51 am »
Nope, not that I can see.  But we will all get to live with the consequences. 

I'll continue to work to help my local politicians, but I give up on all the rest.  I can't afford to be the only one in the foxhole, which is the way it is today.  Drawbridge up.

Don't be foolish.  It more than a year from the election.  It is precisely the time for the two parties to be figuring out who will lead them.   What is wrong with constructive opposition to Trump from fellow Republicans and conservatives?  No one here wants to see the Democrats win. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2019, 12:06:46 am »
Nor from me.  I want neither the man, nor the 63 million who voted for him, impeached.

He will be anyway, because he's now officially beneath the protections of the law.  Even the so-called "conservatives" are rubbing their hands with glee. Its more important to be seen as having been correct, sailing over the waterfall with all flags flying, than to stoop to insisting the Bill of Rights apply to everybody, even Presidents they don't like.
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2019, 12:06:49 am »
I'd like to think that, without the distraction of Donald Trump and the reality show, we can convince 65 million to oppose socialism,  support a dynamic, growing economy, and vote to revive Dr. King's dream of a nation that rewards the content of individual character.

@bigheadfred

Again, we have to have a principled conservative willing to oppose Trump, willing to go through all the corruption that the left will sling, and have the money to stay in the race till election day.  Time is ticking ... getting onto the ballot, getting a ground game together and getting the money machine behind them becomes more difficult with each passing day.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2019, 12:06:54 am »

Step up usual suspects;:

Victoris33
Onceless
OTC
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.