Author Topic: Defying Pentagon, Trump Backs Turkish Operation in Syria Targeting U.S.-backed Kurds  (Read 15831 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
The President really gets deep under your skin -- and then does a tap dance. 

This pleases me.   88devil

Glad I can be helpful.  LOL!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The President really gets deep under your skin -- and then does a tap dance. 

This pleases me.   88devil

And to think we have 13 more months of this before the Election.    :2popcorn:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

And to think we have 13 more months of this before the Election.    :2popcorn:

Five years counting Trump's next term. 

Glad I can be helpful.  LOL!

You never disappoint.   happy77

Offline Chosen Daughter

You never disappoint.   happy77

Neither do you.  Its extremely amusing seeing someone so far up Trumps anus that they won't even take a fresh breath of air.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

SMOD let me down in 2016 and this year I'm not sending money to Assad or Erdogan.
I looked up Nectarine and I'm with you for 2020 BHF

LOL

I looked up Nectarine

Anita Bryant just went tits up...

LOL

SMOD hit in 2016. Making my nuclear winner look like a Texas blizzard.

I'm not sending money to Assad or Erdogan

I don't send anyone money either. I transfer it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DCPatriot

Neither do you.  Its extremely amusing seeing someone so far up Trumps anus that they won't even take a fresh breath of air.

We'll have you know that Pres. Trump's sh*t doesn't stink...nothin' wrong with the air up there. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

We'll have you know that Pres. Trump's sh*t doesn't stink...nothin' wrong with the air up there.

88devil

How charming --- another anus fixation.   :smokin:

Offline Chosen Daughter

Thanks for confirming what I already knew.   I wasn't the only one that knew where she is hanging out.

Offline DCPatriot

Getting back on topic.... I'm glad that we've had a few days to analyze and weigh this decision...a decision that has opened a few wounds here.

It a complex riddle with no easy answer.

1) We have a signed, internationally recognized alliance treaty with Turkey.  We have no such thing with the Kurds.

2) The Kurds are fighting for land.  They've been fighting for their own land for over one hundred years.

3) While we were eradicating ISIS in Syria, we made an arrangement with the Syrian Kurds.  This arrangement had an expiration date and was purposefully set up so as NOT to get us bogged down in another war.

4) Donald Trump campaigned on getting us out of global conflicts that don't actively pursue victory.  No more "policing".

Personally, I think Turkey told us they were going to commence operations and as a courtesy suggested we remove our "50 men".  They were ready to call our bluff, and POTUS Trump is smart enough not to destroy Turkish tanks with missiles.

Offline DCPatriot

Thanks for confirming what I already knew.   I wasn't the only one that knew where she is hanging out.

Was only speaking  for myself, @Chosen Daughter  :laugh:

Such bitterness and disdain from someone chosen forces one to ponder just who made the choice.   :pondering:

Getting back on topic.... I'm glad that we've had a few days to analyze and weigh this decision...a decision that has opened a few wounds here.

It a complex riddle with no easy answer.

1) We have a signed, internationally recognized alliance treaty with Turkey.  We have no such thing with the Kurds.

2) The Kurds are fighting for land.  They've been fighting for their own land for over one hundred years.

3) While we were eradicating ISIS in Syria, we made an arrangement with the Syrian Kurds.  This arrangement had an expiration date and was purposefully set up so as NOT to get us bogged down in another war.

4) Donald Trump campaigned on getting us out of global conflicts that don't actively pursue victory.  No more "policing".

Personally, I think Turkey told us they were going to commence operations and as a courtesy suggested we remove our "50 men".  They were ready to call our bluff, and POTUS Trump is smart enough not to destroy Turkish tanks with missiles.

Just posted an article with an interesting "take" on all of this from Horowitz at Conservative Review @DCPatriot

Here's the link:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,378994.0.html

Offline Chosen Daughter

Was only speaking  for myself, @Chosen Daughter  :laugh:

You live there too?

Offline DCPatriot

You live there too?

I've got a 'Sky Suite'!     :laugh:

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
This is what "they" are saying ....

https://www.facebook.com/insah.akrin/videos/2497646223846276/

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Quote from: Texas Yellow Rose on October 12, 2019, 05:13:16 am
This is what "they" are saying ....

https://www.facebook.com/insah.akrin/videos/2497646223846276/

bkmk

Copying link.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Chosen Daughter

Such bitterness and disdain from someone chosen forces one to ponder just who made the choice.   :pondering:

You are right and I deserve that.  Thank you for pointing out that I also had my ugly on.  I have been very worked up over this change in policy that puts Christians in danger.  Still no reason to get ugly.  Thank you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
You are right and I deserve that.  Thank you for pointing out that I also had my ugly on.  I have been very worked up over this change in policy that puts Christians in danger.  Still no reason to get ugly.  Thank you.

Yeah. Step back. All ya? @Right_in_Virginia

WHAT is the threat?

You are killing each other...
in policy that puts Christians in danger

Either of ya Christian?

Killing me.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Yeah. Step back. All ya? @Right_in_Virginia

WHAT is the threat?

You are killing each other... .

Either of ya Christian?

Killing me.

Yes, I am a Christian.  I was wrong tonight to engage in this bickering.  But it isn't just about Christians in Syria.  The Kurds are of many different religions maybe not even religious.  But this is the place of early Christianity and they have already suffered under ISIS.  The spin doctors are trying to make Trump look good but he is anything but good.  He is cold and uncaring.  His own words tell the true story.

Here Trump refers to Syria as sand and death when telling his cabinet he wants to withdraw troops.  No wealth so no worth to us.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Trump+sand+and+death&&view=detail&mid=9D1DBC41008D3ED3FCDE9D1DBC41008D3ED3FCDE&rvsmid=981B20B1078E157A9F03981B20B1078E157A9F03&FORM=VDQVAP

Also important to note in the video that Trump is not concerned about a small amount of ISIS coming to America.  He says they will go to Iran, Iraq, Syria and Russia.  When we see ISIS active again, burning people in cages I will think of Trump.  When we see in the news guns pointed at babies heads I will think of Trump.  When they are beheading someone's father, mother or child...…….Trump.   Trumps like a table of contents in a book.  You can look and see what its about without even turning a page.  Its all about wealth. 

No value on the people who live in Syria.  Doesn't care if ISIS is killing in any country except ours.  The other day he said they will go home to Europe.  History is full of dictators with no value on human life.

And he doesn't even care about our military that have been killed in action fighting ISIS.  Try to spin what he said on that video.  He acknowledged that they will go free.  So I wonder how people who have served catching and killing these monsters are going to feel knowing that the President doesn't care.  He doesn't care because most of them will not come here.  But some might.

He said it.  I just watched it.  How can you spin it?  I am sure some will try.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 08:27:33 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline jpsb

President Trump will be giving an award to a (Christian) person he rescued from Turkey in front of a audience of strong supporter of the
Kurds and Christians in Syria today. Should be interesting to see what he's got to say.

Trump appearing before evangelicals as Turkey policy imperils Kurd-protected Christians

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-appearing-before-evangelicals-as-turkey-policy-imperils-kurd-protected-christians

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
President Trump will be giving an award to a (Christian) person he rescued from Turkey in front of a audience of strong supporter of the
Kurds and Christians in Syria today. Should be interesting to see what he's got to say.

Trump appearing before evangelicals as Turkey policy imperils Kurd-protected Christians

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-appearing-before-evangelicals-as-turkey-policy-imperils-kurd-protected-christians

Hope he hears a little anger.  The past week will not be forgotten.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jpsb

Hope he hears a little anger.  The past week will not be forgotten.

Certainly the Kurds and Christians protected by the Kurds will not forget. But events on the ground will determine Trumps fate. If Turkey
goes big in Syria then Trump will pay big in 2020. If the Turks pull the plug on their invasion then Trump will not suffer much damage.
Right now Trump fate is in the hands of Islamic Turkey.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Right_in_Virginia

It has been my observation ever since I was a child that is is the most rabidly devout that have the most to worry about if their superstition ends up being factual. It might not be obvious enough you can see it,but there is plenty of it that is deeply hidden.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!