Author Topic: Defying Pentagon, Trump Backs Turkish Operation in Syria Targeting U.S.-backed Kurds  (Read 15675 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Muslims have been caught in the large groups of illegals coming across the border.

And now we have illegals from Africa showing up on the Southern border as well trying to get in.  Certain parts of Africa are hotbeds for Muslim terrorism as well.

And the presidents comments on ISIS being let loose as a result of this operation are troubling.  He is actually very bizarre.  He brought up again in the Minnesota rally about defeating ISIS 100%.  But the other day he said he wasn't concerned if they were let loose because they are going to go home to Europe.  Hello Mr. President.  You either are concerned about ISIS or your not.  It is a global world and there are ways to get into the US.  The border is a huge one.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline GrouchoTex

I've heard that President Trump is abandoning the Kurds, and that he knew of and approved the Turkish invasion that targeted the Kurds.
Later, I've heard that he is not abandoning the Kurds and is sending them more arms.
I am not sure what the truth is anymore.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I have lost someone to Iraq but I am not going to give details.  You are the last person I would confide in.  I don't use those who served this country for political forum conversation.  Shame on you.   

Yes, you do use those who served this country for political forum conversation.  You just did  pointing-up

Offline Chosen Daughter

I've heard that President Trump is abandoning the Kurds, and that he knew of and approved the Turkish invasion that targeted the Kurds.
Later, I've heard that he is not abandoning the Kurds and is sending them more arms.
I am not sure what the truth is anymore.

I think the truth is he has sustained very harsh criticism and the story is ever changing.  I think he did approve of the invasion.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

@Chosen Daughter

If they are...it's all the more reason to make sure your powder is dry and a weapon is close at hand at all times.

OMG … the drama that goes on here is LOL funny.   :silly:

Offline musiclady

I think the truth is he has sustained very harsh criticism and the story is ever changing.  I think he did approve of the invasion.

This is what happens when you elect a man without a core......   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Yes, you do use those who served this country for political forum conversation.  You just did  pointing-up

No, I didn't and that was the point.  You have to go back and see what this was in response too.  If I did I would be like the President at his Minnesota Rally trying to mimic the reactions of family members to loss and injury.  It was disgusting.  And all to rubber stamp his approval of the invasion into Syria.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I agree.

Offline Chosen Daughter

OMG … the drama that goes on here is LOL funny.   :silly:

You like heavy drama what are you talking about.  Trumps speech in Minnesota was dripping with it.

Offline Night Hides Not

Good grief, look what you posted first:

In response to this post:
@Chosen Daughter

You aren't willing to fight for them yourself,or have your family fight for them,so your opinion has all the value of a fart in a hurricane.

You responded:

No, it's much worse.  She's willing to send other people's loved ones to do what she won't.

First of all I would like to say sorry for your loss.  Perhaps you could appreciate that many of us have lost loved ones in the war on terror.  I didn't realize your loss and can understand your emotions.  But you cannot speak for everyone else.  Nor can you dictate that people do not have a right to an opinion because they do not personally serve in the military.  If that was a fact we wouldn't have this forum.  For that matter we could be severely critical of electing officials who have not serves either.  They shouldn't have an opinion as far as you are concerned.

If there are any fingers to be pointed, they should be directed at Congress. They have given up their responsibilities under the Constitution, allowing Presidents for decades to unilaterally put our service members in harms way.

About 15% of Congress are veterans. Quick searches indicate that less than 2 children of current congressman are serving in the military today. Whether it's zero, one, two, or up to 10, nothing more needs to be said.

As I stated before, it's an all volunteer force, but that doesn't give Congress a pass for its irresponsible governance.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Chosen Daughter

If there are any fingers to be pointed, they should be directed at Congress. They have given up their responsibilities under the Constitution, allowing Presidents for decades to unilaterally put our service members in harms way.

About 15% of Congress are veterans. Quick searches indicate that less than 2 children of current congressman are serving in the military today. Whether it's zero, one, two, or up to 10, nothing more needs to be said.

As I stated before, it's an all volunteer force, but that doesn't give Congress a pass for its irresponsible governance.

I think that all war powers should have check and balance whether pulling troops out or sending them in.  If corruption can occur with high officials what is to stop it?

Like this for instance.  Withdrawing troops to make way for another foreign government to invade.  It is still an act of war.  US government aiding another government in their act of war.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 07:53:55 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

:amen:

Offline berdie

This has been one of the best and most informative  threads I have ever read on this site. I appreciate everyone's insight (@txradioguy and others) and took lots of notes and did lots of research.

But truthfully...as much as I read the harder it gets to make a decision on right or wrong. I don't think the people in the ME think like us. That will never change.

Offline Night Hides Not

This has been one of the best and most informative  threads I have ever read on this site. I appreciate everyone's insight (@txradioguy and others) and took lots of notes and did lots of research.

But truthfully...as much as I read the harder it gets to make a decision on right or wrong. I don't think the people in the ME think like us. That will never change.

The only solution to the problems in the ME is the next Extinction Event. According to AOC, it's coming in less than 12 years.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Well, as I see it, without making moral judgements of either group we have treaty obligations (NATO) with the Turks.

We have shed blood alongside the Kurds, fighting ISIS. They have been a major factor in the defeat and capture of most of ISIS.
Some 10K ISIS prisoners are in custody, in prison, in Syria.
The Turks and Kurds have been in conflict since the partition of the region post WWI, when the Kurds were left without their own country when the lines were drawn.
The Turks want a "buffer zone" some 35 miles into Syria, but that same zone includes the prison the ISIS captives are in, and most of the Kurd area in Northern Syria.
If the Turks invade, there will be a fight between them and the Kurds, who will defend any land they see as theirs.
During that fight, there is a good chance that the ISIS fighters in custody will be released or escape.
There is always to likelihood of civilian casualties in the Kurdish areas.

Removing the Special Forces Troops from the area may keep us from being in direct conflict with Turkish forces, with whom we have a treaty (NATO Obligations), but it abandons the guys we've fought alongside to beat back ISIS.

There is no good answer which allows us to both maintain our obligation to the people we have shed blood with and keep us out of conflict with an ally we have treaty obligations with.

The only solution which would do both is to convince the Turks to back off and not invade and kill the Kurds (and risk releasing the ISIS prisoners).

In the midst of a no-win situation, as policy goes, Trump has chosen to pull our people out of the combat zone.
Some folks here are good with that, some don't like it, but frankly, I don't see what alternative he has.
He is painted into a corner on this, by treaty obligations, and by unwritten obligations to comrades in arms, with no good alternative. 
YMMV. Soldiers follow orders, whether those orders are considered "good" or not, with few exceptions.

While there are few good guys in the Middle East, the Kurds got the shaft during the post Ottoman partition of the region, and have been handed the sh*tty end of the stick since, with great regularity. I sympathize with their desire for a homeland, and they are religiously diverse as a people, despite being majority Muslim, and tolerant of the other religions among them. 
It was the actions of the Turkish Brigade in Korea which bailed out my Dad's unit under an ongoing wave attack by Chinese troops, a situation the US Army had apparently written off. I wouldn't be here if not for that relief action. Still, I recognize that Turkey has a record of genocidal actions, including that taken against the Armenians, and that they are Muslim.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

Removing the Special Forces Troops from the area may keep us from being in direct conflict with Turkish forces, with whom we have a treaty (NATO Obligations), but it abandons the guys we've fought alongside to beat back ISIS.

There is no good answer which allows us to both maintain our obligation to the people we have shed blood with and keep us out of conflict with an ally we have treaty obligations with.

The only solution which would do both is to convince the Turks to back off and not invade and kill the Kurds (and risk releasing the ISIS prisoners).

Thank you for your reply.  It is more or less what I believe....there is no good answer.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Thank you for your reply.  It is more or less what I believe....there is no good answer.

It was a damned site better before the previous occupant of the WH decided to fix things in that region.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Muslims have been caught in the large groups of illegals coming across the border.

And now we have illegals from Africa showing up on the Southern border as well trying to get in.  Certain parts of Africa are hotbeds for Muslim terrorism as well.

@txradioguy

BINGO!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

You like heavy drama what are you talking about.  Trumps speech in Minnesota was dripping with it.

My dear, sweet innocent ... last night's speech wasn't drama; it was truth.

"The greatest mistake our country has made is going into the quicksand of the Middle East."  -- DJT, Oct 10, 2019

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The only good answer is bigheadfred with the nuclear football going up the middle (east).

Erdogan is trying to go full muzzie jihad. Trump is pulling back to let him. THEN see how much of a use Turkey is to NATO.

INTERNECINE. Look it up.

Understand it.

WE don't have a dog in this fight.

Put your money on Assad or Erdogan?

FFS

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

The only good answer is bigheadfred with the nuclear football going up the middle (east).

Erdogan is trying to go full muzzie jihad. Trump is pulling back to let him. THEN see how much of a use Turkey is to NATO.

INTERNECINE. Look it up.

Understand it.

WE don't have a dog in this fight.

Put your money on Assad or Erdogan?

FFS

SMOD let me down in 2016 and this year I'm not sending money to Assad or Erdogan.
I looked up Nectarine and I'm with you for 2020 BHF

Offline Chosen Daughter

My dear, sweet innocent ... last night's speech wasn't drama; it was truth.

That was Drama alright.  If this isn't acting I don't know what is.  Don't say it isn't.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/strzok-page-trump-mock-rally

That was Drama alright.  If this isn't acting I don't know what is.  Don't say it isn't.

The President really gets deep under your skin -- and then does a tap dance. 

This pleases me.   88devil