Author Topic: Defying Pentagon, Trump Backs Turkish Operation in Syria Targeting U.S.-backed Kurds  (Read 15853 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
You served when exactly?

Don't even try that crap on me.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Don't even try that crap on me.

But it’s ok for you to pull that “crap” on others?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
How pompous of you.  My name isn't Trump and I don't send anyone to fight anywhere.  But I can't think of a more worthy cause than this.  You can disagree and its your right to.  But you don't talk for all military families.  Sorry.

And another thing.  Your fake.  Never heard you say one word about Trump doing anything wrong.  Has Trump done the exact opposite and ordered more troops to support the Kurds you would be for it.  You and all the Trump bots.

???

Are you in the right forum, @Chosen Daughter ?

@Sanguine  was NEVER an avid Trump Supporter.  In fact, she and I squared off more than once..More than a few times.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
You served when exactly?

Her husband gave his life for this country @txradioguy. PLEASE don't go there!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I initially posted on this thread when my passion was in control and now that I have had time to reflect on the matter my position is somewhat different.

For personal reasons that I am not allowed to share with you, my heart is with @txradioguy And @jpsb but my head tells me that the president made the right call here and I'm very glad that I'm not the one who had to make it.

The fact is that this country has signed, ratified treaties with Turkey and none with my Kurdish friends who have no actual country of their own.  It sucks but it's still a fact.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Her husband gave his life for this country @txradioguy. PLEASE don't go there!

Didn't know that.  And @Sanguine I'm truly sorry for your loss.

However...@Bigun that doesn't give her a free pass on that completely bullsh*t stuff she said to @Chosen Daughter.

Losing a loved one in combat doesn't give someone some kind of moral high ground to say sh*tty things to others and not get called on it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I initially posted on this thread when my passion was in control and now that I have had time to reflect on the matter my position is somewhat different.

For personal reasons that I am not allowed to share with you, my heart is with @txradioguy And @jpsb but my head tells me that the president made the right call here and I'm very glad that I'm not the one who had to make it.

The fact is that this country has signed, ratified treaties with Turkey and none with my Kurdish friends who have no actual country of their own.  It sucks but it's still a fact.

And what exactly has Turkey done to honor those contracts?  They can be revoked as easily as they were agreed upon.

That needs to start happening yesterday.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
And what exactly has Turkey done to honor those contracts?  They can be revoked as easily as they were agreed upon.

That needs to start happening yesterday.

No disagreement on that at all but I do not think the president can just unilaterally do that.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Didn't know that.  And @Sanguine I'm truly sorry for your loss.

However...@Bigun that doesn't give her a free pass on that completely bullsh*t stuff she said to @Chosen Daughter.

Losing a loved one in combat doesn't give someone some kind of moral high ground to say sh*tty things to others and not get called on it.

Don't bother.  And, go back and read what I actually said.  And, then put me on ignore.  I don't want to hear from you again.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Don't bother.  And, go back and read what I actually said.  And, then put me on ignore.  I don't want to hear from you again.

Sorry you feel that way.  Not gonna put you on ignore even if I could.

IIRC you can't put Forum Mods on ignore.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Yes, you can.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Yes, you can.

Good to know.  I know in the past it wasn't an option.

However...I'm still not putting her on ignore. 

Offline Night Hides Not

I'm a Vet, I did my war in the USMC and if I were younger I would reup to help in Syria. Honor once lost is very difficult to regain and Trump has shown me he has no honor. Giving Turkey the OK to invade Syria so Turkey  can wipe out our Kurdish allies is an unforgivable
betrayal. The nations honor has been stained.

Straying a bit from the topic, but I served 8+ years in Air Defense Artillery. Both my dad and stepdad served in WWII. I have two sons aged 30 and 17, and neither have any desire to join the military. The closest I've gotten to a recommendation is to consider the Coast Guard or the Texas National Guard. Events since 2009 have led me to distrust the chain of command, starting with the Commander in Chief. I'm not real impressed with the perfumed princes (and princesses) at the Pentagon either.

My sons have heard my stories about commanders that were true leaders and great men, and those that through their actions I considered REMFs. I don't talk about my service much, shoot it's been nearly 35 years since I left active duty.

We've had a volunteer force since 1975 (give or take), and 3 Presidents that avoided military service, one a certifiable draft dodger. Each one of those 3 Presidents never truly understood the sacrifices and sense of duty that every honorable service member has made since the founding of our Country. IOW, they never "got it".

Given the sorry state of our government and its institutions, I simply cannot recommend military service to my children, nieces, and nephews. I've been asked, and I try to give them the positives and negatives, so they can make an informed decision.

Accordingly, I think it's silly for posters here to call out others for not serving, or suggesting they should send their sons and daughters into harms way in a quagmire thousands of miles away.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline libertybele

I'm a Vet, I did my war in the USMC and if I were younger I would reup to help in Syria. Honor once lost is very difficult to regain and Trump has shown me he has no honor. Giving Turkey the OK to invade Syria so Turkey  can wipe out our Kurdish allies is an unforgivable
betrayal. The nations honor has been stained.

I was never in the military, but my father taught me that honor and integrity was everything; without those you have nothing. I trust very few people in this world as I quickly learned over the years, that very, very few people have integrity.  Very sad.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@txradioguy

Ahhh,if only there would some way we could get them to put US on "ignore"!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jpsb

Straying a bit from the topic, but I served 8+ years in Air Defense Artillery. Both my dad and stepdad served in WWII. I have two sons aged 30 and 17, and neither have any desire to join the military. The closest I've gotten to a recommendation is to consider the Coast Guard or the Texas National Guard. Events since 2009 have led me to distrust the chain of command, starting with the Commander in Chief. I'm not real impressed with the perfumed princes (and princesses) at the Pentagon either.

My sons have heard my stories about commanders that were true leaders and great men, and those that through their actions I considered REMFs. I don't talk about my service much, shoot it's been nearly 35 years since I left active duty.

We've had a volunteer force since 1975 (give or take), and 3 Presidents that avoided military service, one a certifiable draft dodger. Each one of those 3 Presidents never truly understood the sacrifices and sense of duty that every honorable service member has made since the founding of our Country. IOW, they never "got it".

Given the sorry state of our government and its institutions, I simply cannot recommend military service to my children, nieces, and nephews. I've been asked, and I try to give them the positives and negatives, so they can make an informed decision.

Accordingly, I think it's silly for posters here to call out others for not serving, or suggesting they should send their sons and daughters into harms way in a quagmire thousands of miles away.

I enlisted in 69, today's military is more lethal, but I detest woman in combat MOSs and the repeal of "don't ask don't tell". Openly gay
in the military is not a good idea. And women in the infantry is another very bad idea. Women on submarines is a horrible idea. I
wonder how our PC military will do if (G*d forbid) we face a real world power like China. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I enlisted in 69, today's military is more lethal, but I detest woman in combat MOSs and the repeal of "don't ask don't tell". Openly gay
in the military is not a good idea. And women in the infantry is another very bad idea. Women on submarines is a horrible idea. I
wonder how our PC military will do if (G*d forbid) we face a real world power like China.

Not very well if things kicked off tomorrow.

Offline musiclady

???

Are you in the right forum, @Chosen Daughter ?

@Sanguine  was NEVER an avid Trump Supporter.  In fact, she and I squared off more than once..More than a few times.

But not lately, right?  Things have changed.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

No, it's much worse.  She's willing to send other people's loved ones to do what she won't.

Do you have any proof to back up that (nasty) ad hominem?

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Do you have any proof to back up that (nasty) ad hominem?

Good grief, you don't need to ask me, go read what she said. 

Offline musiclady

I did.

Offline libertybele

@Chosen Daughter

If they are...it's all the more reason to make sure your powder is dry and a weapon is close at hand at all times.

With all those pouring over our southern borders in unprecedented amounts, I believe ISIS is already here and have formed various different pockets within different cities and are just waiting for the right time to strike.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
With all those pouring over our southern borders in unprecedented amounts, I believe ISIS is already here and have formed various different pockets within different cities and are just waiting for the right time to strike.

Muslims have been caught in the large groups of illegals coming across the border.

And now we have illegals from Africa showing up on the Southern border as well trying to get in.  Certain parts of Africa are hotbeds for Muslim terrorism as well.

Offline Night Hides Not

There has been a constant over the years...the most dangerous weapon in the Army is a 2nd Lieutenant with a map.   :rolling:

I was lucky...my battalion in Germany was air base defense (short range), no women were authorized. I was there when women were force fed into Nike Hercules batteries, before remote sites were upgraded for women soldiers. You can imagine the morale problems when female E-1s arrived at the unit, and were allowed to live off site, while male E-5s and E-6s were required to move into the barracks.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Good grief, look what you posted first:

In response to this post:
@Chosen Daughter

You aren't willing to fight for them yourself,or have your family fight for them,so your opinion has all the value of a fart in a hurricane.

You responded:

No, it's much worse.  She's willing to send other people's loved ones to do what she won't.

First of all I would like to say sorry for your loss.  Perhaps you could appreciate that many of us have lost loved ones in the war on terror.  I didn't realize your loss and can understand your emotions.  But you cannot speak for everyone else.  Nor can you dictate that people do not have a right to an opinion because they do not personally serve in the military.  If that was a fact we wouldn't have this forum.  For that matter we could be severely critical of electing officials who have not serves either.  They shouldn't have an opinion as far as you are concerned.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.