Author Topic: Defying Pentagon, Trump Backs Turkish Operation in Syria Targeting U.S.-backed Kurds  (Read 15874 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Defying Pentagon, Trump Backs Turkish Operation in Syria Targeting U.S.-backed Kurds
U.S.-backed militia says American forces failed to meet their commitments, as Washington informs Kurds it wouldn't protect them against imminent Turkish incursion into northeastern Syria to 'clear terrorist elements'
Reuters, The Associated Press and Haaretz Oct 07, 2019 2:37 PM

American troops began withdrawing Monday from their positions along Turkey's border in northeastern Syria, in a major shift in U.S. policy harshly criticized by its Kurdish allies, which came despite Pentagon officials' support for maintaining American presence in the region.

The partial pullout comes ahead of an anticipated Turkish invasion, which U.S. President Donald Trump endorsed in a Sunday phone call with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and that U.S.-backed Kurdish-led forces say will overturn five years of achievements in the battle against the Islamic State group.

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/syria/defying-pentagon-trump-turkey-erdogan-syria-u-s-backed-kurds-1.7950055

Its crystal clear to me now why Bolton was let go.  In September Bolton issued a warning about Iranian Oil Tanker off Port of Syria

https://news.yahoo.com/bolton-says-iranian-tanker-syrian-port-085809246.html

Makes sense now why Trump called Erdogan a friend at the U.N.  We are now abandoning our Allies that have helped rid Syria of ISIS.  Erdogan views the Kurds as terrorists.  He also is a persecutor of Christians.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 01:24:03 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jpsb

I do not like this at all, very very bad move Mr President.

@Right_in_Virginia is this true?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline OfTheCross

I hate our troops being overseas, but I like that we've got ISIS rangled up in a camp there.

I'm going to bookmark this topic to read more about the situation later.
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Lindsey Graham lets loose on Trump's decision to pull out of northern Syria and says the White House is lying about ISIS
Eliza Relman 10 minutes ago

https://www.businessinsider.com/lindsey-graham-lets-loose-trump-over-his-withdrawal-from-syria-2019-10

US Troops Start Pullout from Along Turkey's Border in Syria

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/10/07/us-troops-start-pullout-along-turkeys-border-syria.html

This is a bizarre change in U.S policy that will allow ISIS to grow in the region.   Unhinged.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 01:54:52 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@jpsb

Donald J. Trump
Verified account   @realDonaldTrump

The United States was supposed to be in Syria for 30 days, that was many years ago. We stayed and got deeper and deeper into battle with no aim in sight. When I arrived in Washington, ISIS was running rampant in the area. We quickly defeated 100% of the ISIS Caliphate,.....

...including capturing thousands of ISIS fighters, mostly from Europe. But Europe did not want them back, they said you keep them USA! I said “NO, we did you a great favor and now you want us to hold them in U.S. prisons at tremendous cost. They are yours for trials.” They.....

.....again said “NO,” thinking, as usual, that the U.S. is always the “sucker,” on NATO, on Trade, on everything. The Kurds fought with us, but were paid massive amounts of money and equipment to do so. They have been fighting Turkey for decades. I held off this fight for....

...almost 3 years, but it is time for us to get out of these ridiculous Endless Wars, many of them tribal, and bring our soldiers home. WE WILL FIGHT WHERE IT IS TO OUR BENEFIT, AND ONLY FIGHT TO WIN. Turkey, Europe, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Russia and the Kurds will now have to.....

...figure the situation out, and what they want to do with the captured ISIS fighters in their “neighborhood.” They all hate ISIS, have been enemies for years. We are 7000 miles away and will crush ISIS again if they come anywhere near us!

4:40 AM - 7 Oct 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181172467676565505

Offline jpsb

@jpsb

OK, thanks, I hate these endless wars too but I also hate abandoning the Kurds.

Offline skeeter

@jpsb

The 'fight them over there so we don't have to fight them over here' line has always had a kind of a smell to it.

I think this comes down to one question @jpsb .... Is it our responsibility, often solely, to police the Middle East?

Offline Chosen Daughter

@jpsb

Thankfully 7 thousand miles away.  Being that far away did not stop 9/11.  His plan is to stop housing ISIS at Guantanamo also.  He is handing this all over to extremist Turkey.  Say goodbye to Christianity in the Middle East also.

We have ceased to be anything good in the world.

Offline Chosen Daughter

The 'fight them over there so we don't have to fight them over here' line has always had a kind of a smell to it.

Oh really?  So lets just let Iran and Turkey take over the entire region right?

Offline Chosen Daughter

I think this comes down to one question @jpsb .... Is it our responsibility, often solely, to police the Middle East?

Well that's real diplomacy right.  Correct response would be diplomacy with Europe to stop ISIS.  Not give up.  Do you know how many people will be killed and suffer from this decision?  This will change the face of the Middle East.  And I don't care if I get in trouble.  Get ready because we surely are in the End Times and this is Bible Prophesy for Syria to be destroyed.

Offline skeeter

Oh really?  So lets just let Iran and Turkey take over the entire region right?

How many US lives and how much treasure is it worth to you, Chosen? What are you willing to sacrifice?

And when we're done there, BTW, there are several dozen other examples of persecution and aggression left to address in the rest of the world. We've certainly got our work cut out for us. Maybe we should tackle Kashmir next.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 02:06:21 pm by skeeter »

OK, thanks, I hate these endless wars too but I also hate abandoning the Kurds.

But the Kurds are not a monolithic group @jpsb  And not all are our friends.  But we still supply them with weapons and money to carry on their never-ending fight against the Turks, et.al. 

I suppose another way of asking the central question is:  With the Kurds we are generous with our treasure, must we also be generous with our blood?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Defending this stupid POTUS on his most heinous action ever.  The Kurds have been our most loyal allies in the WOT for almost 20 years.

I was wondering if any of the Orange Brigade at TBR would defend  his actions.   You answered that question nicely, and predictably.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Chosen Daughter

How many US lives and how much treasure is it worth to you, Chosen? What are you willing to sacrifice?

And when we're done there, BTW, there are several dozen other examples of persecution and aggression left to address in the rest of the world. We've certainly got our work cut out for us. Maybe we should tackle Kashmir next.

You don't know me and I wouldn't dignify your post by answering anything personal.  But I am sure there are many military families that may.

Trump is a huge failure.  He is unhinged and he can't even tackle the job of foreign affairs.  Instead of Diplomacy he engages in name calling and childish texts.  Texts that insult instead of encourage diplomatic ties.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Defending this stupid POTUS on his most heinous action ever.  The Kurds have been our most loyal allies in the WOT for almost 20 years.

I was wondering if any of the Orange Brigade at TBR would defend  his actions.   You answered that question nicely, and predictably.

Crazy, the indefensible.  But they defend.

And I might add that closing Guantanamo was Obama's goal.  Handing these terrorists over to terrorist will only allow them to end up back in the fight.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 02:30:42 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Trump is a huge failure.  He is unhinged and he can't even tackle the job of foreign affairs. 

He's worse than a failure.  He's turned his back on the Kurds who have gave countless lives to help us fight Islamic extremist. 
No one is going to trust us in the world now.

Wonder what Trump will Tweet, when the Turks massacre these Kurds.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 02:22:00 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

If true, I agree!  A TRULY bad move!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

You don't know me and I wouldn't dignify your post by answering anything personal.  But I am sure there are many military families that may.

Trump is a huge failure.  He is unhinged and he can't even tackle the job of foreign affairs.  Instead of Diplomacy he engages in name calling and childish texts.  Texts that insult instead of encourage diplomatic ties.

You don't like him - I got it. I was just wondering if you had any other reason for disagreeing with his Syria policy.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
You don't like him - I got it. I was just wondering if you had any other reason for disagreeing with his Syria policy.

Allowing the Turks to massacre the Kurds, who have been our most loyal allies through the War on Terror?  Yeah, that't the ticket.

Donald Trump, please step down and allow Pence to govern.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 02:24:12 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline skeeter

Allowing the Turks to massacre the Kurds, who have been our most loyal allies through the War on Terror?  Yeah, that't the ticket.

Donald Trump, please step down and allow Pence to govern.

You'd think we'd be smarter than to get in the middle of a foreign feud by now, thinking we can 'solve' the centuries old problem from thousands of miles away

I guess not.

I neither defended nor attacked the President.  I simply asked a question.

All I ever hear is the drumbeat "we cannot abandon the Kurds".  So, I asked a question, the central question that few are willing to answer:  With the Kurds we have always been and continue to be generous with our treasure, must we also be generous with our blood?

Yes or no? @catfish1957

Offline jpsb

Well this old Marine does not like the idea of abandoning a faithful ally to the likes of Turkey. Trump is going to lose a lot of support over
this. Turkey is an Islamic state and becoming more and more radical. No way I can defend Trump on this, it stinks to high heaven to leave
the kurds unprotected after they fought side by side with us against ISIS. Bad move Mr President, bad bad bad move. Read a little history
on Turkey and genocide.

Offline Chosen Daughter

If I told you what I thought of this I would be in trouble.