Author Topic: Gang member released under First Step Act wanted for murder  (Read 186 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Gang member released under First Step Act wanted for murder
« on: October 09, 2019, 05:43:11 am »
Gang member released under First Step Act wanted for murder
Daniel Horowitz · October 8, 2019 

t’s exactly why proponents of the bipartisan leniency for violent drug traffickers and gang members didn’t want a transparent debate in Congress over the bill. It’s why they stifled all dissent and rammed the biggest change to federal prison sentencing in three decades through the House on a “suspension vote” with no debate or hearings during the last moments in session last year, when all eyes were focused on the pending government shutdown. They didn’t want you to know they’d be releasing people like Joel Francisco of Providence, Rhode Island.

In order to perpetuate the lie that we are somehow unjustly incarcerating too many people for too long and that there is a general over-incarceration problem, particularly in federal prison, phony conservatives joined liberals in selling the First Step Act as nothing more than “prison reform,” never telling the fact that it dramatically cut sentencing for thousands of hardened criminals. They told us it would only affect first time, low-level, non-violent offenders. In reality, federal prosecutors only pursue the worst criminals in a given area, who are often gang leaders fueling widespread violence, and convict them on drug charges. That is why CR is the only legislation scorecard that had the fortitude to score against this travesty of a bill.

In February, when the first wave of prisoners were released, Joel Francisco was among them. Who is Joel Francisco? According to Cmdr. Thomas Verdi, deputy chief of the Providence Police Department, quoted in the Providence Journal, he is a “cold, evil, violent person.”
“Some criminals deserve to spend their lives incarcerated,” Verdi said. “Joel is one.”

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/gang-member-released-first-step-act-wanted-murder/

Well I just want to send out a special shout of thanks to Jared and Donald.  Who couldn't use more criminal murdering gang members back on the street?  How winning and great is that?  And I know that this isn't exactly PR like the woman Jared picked out to give himself a pat on the back.  Getting her that job at Walmart.  Good job Jared!  I am sure that there are success cases that the Trumps can hoot and holler about.  But some people didn't support this bill for this very reason.

Frankly it just didn't make sense.  Drugs are killing people.  They are supporting the violence at the border too.  They are causing gun deaths in places like Chicago.  Fuels Drug Cartel.  Isn't it nice that all these drug dealers are getting a second chance?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 05:46:55 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.