Author Topic: Turkish Invasion of Northern Syria  (Read 24647 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Turkish Invasion of Northern Syria
« Reply #650 on: October 17, 2019, 01:19:08 pm »
They aren’t the ones sending 1,800 troops to Saudi. Trump is doing that as he’s claiming he’s trying to stop “endless wars”.

The Saudi deployment totally negates his other argument.

@txradioguy

What we SHOULD be doing is sending 1800 missiles and attack aircraft to Saudi Arabia,and remove that chancre sore from the map as a nation.

I am not familiar with our treaties with Saudi Arabia as I get so mad I get brain freeze every time I think of it,but I SUSPECT Trump is only fulfilling a treaty obligation of some sort. Which doesn't make me happy,either. Screw them and the diseased camel they rode in on.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #651 on: October 17, 2019, 01:20:00 pm »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #652 on: October 17, 2019, 01:26:11 pm »
@txradioguy

What we SHOULD be doing is sending 1800 missiles and attack aircraft to Saudi Arabia,and remove that chancre sore from the map as a nation.

I am not familiar with our treaties with Saudi Arabia as I get so mad I get brain freeze every time I think of it,but I SUSPECT Trump is only fulfilling a treaty obligation of some sort. Which doesn't make me happy,either. Screw them and the diseased camel they rode in on.

The only “obligations” Trump is possibly fulfilling with the Saudi deployment is his way of saying “thanks” to the Saudi’s for buying the entire 45th floor of Trump World Tower in NYC...a yacht he had to sell in the 90’s when he was teetering in bankruptcy and the purchase of the Plaza Hotel from him as well.

I would also say that Trump’s decision to abandon the Kurds has more to do with Trump Tower Istanbul than being sincere about getting us out of “endless wars”.

ETA: one of the tenants of Trump Tower Istanbul is Reza Zarrab.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reza_Zarrab
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 01:36:27 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #653 on: October 17, 2019, 01:57:52 pm »
This article is a week old but it is anazing when even our foe, Iran was seeing this as being a bad move. Pretty interesting article.
Iran hints at the dangers of the US withdrawal from northern Syria
npasyria.com

Mohammad Javad Zarif, the Iranian Foreign Minister
Iran hints at the dangers of the US withdrawal from northern Syria
2019-10-08 16:27:33
Riyadh - North-Press Agency

Iran has announced its opposition to any Turkish military operation inside Syrian territories, after hours of a telephone call between the foreign ministers of Iran and Turkey, in which the Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has reiterated his country’s rejection of the planned Turkish assault.

The statement of the Iranian Foreign Ministry was more assertive in rejection than the summary of the telephone conversation that was published by the Iranian News Agency, in which Iran has showed a first-of-its-kind understanding of the U.S. presence, considering that the withdrawal should have taken place before this time, which indicates that Tehran considers the withdrawal now as problematic.

The Iranian Foreign Ministry stressed that if such a Turkish move was carried out; it would not remove Turkey's security concerns, but would also cause extensive material damage and human casualties. Accordingly, the Islamic Republic of Iran opposes any possible military operations.

Read more at:  http://npasyria.com/en/blog.php?id_blog=974&sub_blog=10&name_blog=Iran hints at the dangers of the US withdrawal from northern Syria

« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 02:00:15 pm by TomSea »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #654 on: October 17, 2019, 02:08:17 pm »
The only “obligations” Trump is possibly fulfilling with the Saudi deployment is his way of saying “thanks” to the Saudi’s for buying the entire 45th floor of Trump World Tower in NYC...a yacht he had to sell in the 90’s when he was teetering in bankruptcy and the purchase of the Plaza Hotel from him as well.

@txradioguy

So,he is rewarding them for a purchase they made 20+ years ago?

I would also say that Trump’s decision to abandon the Kurds has more to do with Trump Tower Istanbul than being sincere about getting us out of “endless wars”.

Of course you would.

ETA: one of the tenants of Trump Tower Istanbul is Reza Zarrab.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reza_Zarrab

Zarrab isn't on any wanted lists,and hasn't escaped from any US prisons,so what would you do,have Trump's managers (Trump is too busy to be checking on residents) give him the boot and be sued?

The solution to problems with people like him are to simply whack them when they become too troublesome.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 02:09:07 pm by sneakypete »

Offline TomSea

US vice president meeting with Erdoğan in bid to end Turkey’s Syria incursion
www.turkishminute.com

US Vice President Mike Pence landed in Ankara on Thursday in a bid to persuade Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan to halt his country’s military incursion into northeastern Syria, Deutsche Welle English service reported.

The vice president is accompanied by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and White House National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien.

Pence is meeting with ErdoÄŸan, while Pompeo and other officials are expected to hold talks with their Turkish counterparts. ErdoÄŸan initially refused to meet the US delegation, saying he would only speak to President Donald Trump, before backtracking.

More at:   https://www.turkishminute.com/2019/10/17/us-vice-president-meeting-with-erdogan-in-bid-to-end-turkeys-syria-incursion/ 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 02:10:34 pm by TomSea »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #656 on: October 17, 2019, 02:21:22 pm »
Let me make sure I understand the argument here:  Trump "allowed" Turkey to invade Syria as the payoff for a 20-year-old bribe?

Sounds like we need to trot out the Rat's Emolument Clause grounds for Impeachment again.  Can I get a bid for the 25th Amendment?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #657 on: October 17, 2019, 02:42:23 pm »
Let me make sure I understand the argument here:  Trump "allowed" Turkey to invade Syria as the payoff for a 20-year-old bribe?

Sounds like we need to trot out the Rat's Emolument Clause grounds for Impeachment again.  Can I get a bid for the 25th Amendment?

@Cyber Liberty

No Trump has current interests in Turkey that could be affected.  Namely the mixed use Trump Towers Istanbul.  The 20 year old stuff is with the Saudi's.

Bonus question: If what's going on in Turkey with the Kurds is "none of our business" why then is Trump sending VP Pence and SecState Pompeo to Turkey to tell Erdogan to "knock it off"?  Why send a letter to ERdogan saying the same thing if it's "none of our business"?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #658 on: October 17, 2019, 02:43:31 pm »

Some people are invested in hating on Donald Trump. I still think it’s a pride thing. Except for that, it makes no sense to me. Sure, Trump can be blunt to a fault when he’s engaging with a political foe. But, the accomplishments, man, the accomplishments! What part of America First and American prosperity bothers these folks?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #659 on: October 17, 2019, 02:44:55 pm »
Zarrab isn't on any wanted lists,and hasn't escaped from any US prisons,so what would you do,have Trump's managers (Trump is too busy to be checking on residents) give him the boot and be sued?

You sure about that?

On 19 March 2016 he was arrested in the United States,[1] and is accused of being a member of an international criminal organization. He was charged with evading the US economic sanctions on Iran and money laundering[1] in an alleged racket scheme to help Iran bypass the sanctions, involving ministers of the Turkish government of then prime minister and now president of Turkey, Recep Tayyip ErdoÄŸan.

His father, Hossein Zarrab, had a close relationship with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who served as the President of Iran between 2005 and 2013. The U.S. Department of Treasury accused Hossein Zarrab of violating U.S. sanctions on Iran and slapped a $9.1 million fine against him. His fine was reduced to $2.3 million following his cooperation with the U.S. officials.

Zarrab was arrested by the FBI in Miami in the US on March 19, 2016 and was accused of bank fraud, money laundering and helping the Iranian government in evading the US economic sanctions on Iran to hinder its nuclear-weapons program. His charges; conspiracy to defraud, violating the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, money laundering, and bank fraud; could bring up to 70 years in prison if found guilty in the U.S. Federal Court.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #660 on: October 17, 2019, 02:45:58 pm »
Some people are invested in hating on Donald Trump. I still think it’s a pride thing. Except for that, it makes no sense to me. Sure, Trump can be blunt to a fault when he’s engaging with a political foe. But, the accomplishments, man, the accomplishments! What part of America First and American prosperity bothers these folks?

Mayabe the fact that most of it is a propaganda myth

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #661 on: October 17, 2019, 03:21:29 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

No Trump has current interests in Turkey that could be affected.  Namely the mixed use Trump Towers Istanbul.  The 20 year old stuff is with the Saudi's.

Here's the problem I have with making that argument:  Trump has business interests all over the world, because he's a businessman.  Has been for some time. 

The claim can be made, as the Democrats have repeatedly, that every single foreign policy decision he makes is based upon enriching himself through bribes and other quid pro qous.  It doesn't surprise me to hear Democrats make that claim because they hate businesses, but it is surprising that pro-business people on our side think it's a good argument to make, in the face of some decision we don't approve of

It adds an extra-constitutional requirement for the Office of President to insist on no business dealings anywhere.  That's an argument I expect from the Dems, but not from Republicans. 

It's reasonable to criticize the Syrian moves because he's wrong or ignorant, but I don't think it's fair to claim he was bribed into it without any evidence.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #662 on: October 17, 2019, 03:25:46 pm »

@aligncare

I am temped to say they don't care about the accomplishments,but the truth is they care more than we do,and that hatred has them obsessed. I am GUESSING most of them are life-long "party creatures",and they would hate him if he were the Son of God because he didn't play the game by party rules,he just barged in and started at the top. This offends them beyond belief.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #663 on: October 17, 2019, 03:27:27 pm »

You sure about that?

On 19 March 2016 he was arrested in the United States,[1] and is accused of being a member of an international criminal organization. He was charged with evading the US economic sanctions on Iran and money laundering[1] in an alleged racket scheme to help Iran bypass the sanctions, involving ministers of the Turkish government of then prime minister and now president of Turkey, Recep Tayyip ErdoÄŸan.

@txradioguy

They why isn't he in jail?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #664 on: October 17, 2019, 03:29:31 pm »

Here's the problem I have with making that argument:  Trump has business interests all over the world, because he's a businessman.  Has been for some time. 

@Cyber Liberty

That is one of the major reasons they hate him.

[/quote]

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #665 on: October 17, 2019, 04:11:25 pm »
@txradioguy

They why isn't he in jail?

From what I gather because he's in Turkey to avoid arrest.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #666 on: October 17, 2019, 04:17:09 pm »

It adds an extra-constitutional requirement for the Office of President to insist on no business dealings anywhere.  That's an argument I expect from the Dems, but not from Republicans.

That's because we've not had to deal with a "Republican" like Trump before.  Bush sold his share of the Rangers and was out of any of his oil and gas dealings before he ran for Governor to avoid conflict.  Cheney put everything he had into a blind trust before he resigned as the head of Halliburton to become the Veep.

It's reasonable to criticize the Syrian moves because he's wrong or ignorant, but I don't think it's fair to claim he was bribed into it without any evidence.

Erdogan has thretened several times since 2016 when Trump initially tried to implement his travel ban from certain Muslim countries to take Trump's name off the building and some have called for an outright seizure of it because they...Erdogan and membes of his party...say (incorrectly) "that Trump hates Muslims."

It may not be the driving force...but it's something to consider and keep in the back of your head when he makes these knee jerk policy decisions.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #667 on: October 17, 2019, 04:29:49 pm »
@TomSea

He might have said it,but that cowardly retard was just reading words someone else wrote for him.

Actually, you might be surprised by this but most Presidents don't write their own speeches.

@sneakypete

I don't know if Lincoln personally wrote the Gettysburg address but it should come as no surprise that most Presidents have had speech writers, I'm sure other politicians are the same. It doesn't change the substance though, too bad that the modern Democratic party is concerned about restrooms vs. landing on the moon and the like. .

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #668 on: October 17, 2019, 04:36:28 pm »
Actually, you might be surprised by this but most Presidents don't write their own speeches.

@sneakypete

I don't know if Lincoln personally wrote the Gettysburg address but it should come as no surprise that most Presidents have had speech writers, I'm sure other politicians are the same. It doesn't change the substance though, too bad that the modern Democratic party is concerned about restrooms vs. landing on the moon and the like. .

@TomSea

You are right on both points. I doubt any president has written his own speeches solo. The job is just too complex to sum up in a speech. That's why they have speech writers and research teams.

Still,other than Obomber and Boy Jorge,neither of whom would have understood what they were reading,presidents "own" their speeches because they are supposed to read them and make suggestions before giving them.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #669 on: October 17, 2019, 04:53:20 pm »
Trump's has these stops in Texas, about 3 of them,

It will be interesting to see how Cruz votes, should it be voted on today, on this resolution that is against the withdrawal of troops in Syria (Yes vote)

Senate talking about this now....CSPAN, 351 Direct TV.

I really hope Cruz, Cotton, Sasse, Rubio all vote for this.... nothing personal per anyone.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #670 on: October 17, 2019, 05:17:40 pm »
Pence is going over there, word is, Erdogan will only meet with Trump.

After all the fabrications, traps set, I consider them really, about Trump, Russia, Ukraine and so on, this really may be the big miscalculation. Like what is one thinking? To me, it's almost like one's "privileged" upbringing has blinded one to realities. Maybe this compares to the Bay of Pigs fiasco?

Gatestone Institute can get a bit far out for me but:

Protests still going on against the Regime, so they are not happy with them either.
https://nedaa-sy.com/en/news/16353
Well, the New York Times heavily influenced the decision to not do the aerial phase of the invasion and take out Castro's Air and armor before the actual invasion.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #671 on: October 17, 2019, 05:21:36 pm »
You are WORSE than what they are.

What the hell do you mean by that, @bigheadfred
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BREAKING>> US and Turkey agree to a ceasefire
« Reply #672 on: October 17, 2019, 05:59:38 pm »
just breaking
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: BREAKING>> US and Turkey agree to a ceasefire
« Reply #673 on: October 17, 2019, 06:00:58 pm »
Pence announces Syria ceasefire deal with Turkey
By Ellen Mitchell - 10/17/19 01:47 PM EDT

The United States and Turkey have reached a deal to temporarily suspend Ankara’s incursion into northern Syria, Vice President Pence announced Thursday.

Turkey will suspend its operations for 120 hours to allow Kurdish YPG fighters to withdraw from a designated safe zone along the Turkish and Syrian border.

“Today the United States and Turkey have agreed to a ceasefire in Syria, in order to allow from YPG forces to withdraw from the safe zone for 120 hours,” Pence said following more than five hours of negotiations between a U.S. delegation and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

DEVELOPING

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/466310-turkey-us-agree-to-temporary-ceasefire-in-syria
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

Re: BREAKING>> US and Turkey agree to a ceasefire
« Reply #674 on: October 17, 2019, 06:04:06 pm »
https://mobile.twitter.com/Charles_Lister

Some analysis. I am rather skeptical at this point.

120 hour cease-fire, YPG leave the "safe zone" which is, 20 miles in I believe, check for details.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 06:05:15 pm by TomSea »