Author Topic: Turkish Invasion of Northern Syria  (Read 24710 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Turkish Invasion of Northern Syria
« Reply #550 on: October 15, 2019, 06:41:01 pm »
What are you talking about @TomSea ?????  Obama blew apart Syria.  President Trump is putting it back together.

Why do you oppose this?

Rep. Michael Waltz says US troop pullout from Syria sets conditions for 'ISIS 2.0'
Joshua Nelson

Republican Rep. Michael Waltz said on Monday that President Trump’s decision to withdraw U.S. troops in northeastern Syria is unfolding too soon and creates wars instead of ending them.

“We’ve set the conditions for ISIS 2.0,” Waltz told “America’s Newsroom.” “Except we won’t have any local allies to fight them again.”

He added, “We’re repeating the mistakes of the Obama administration which pulled out of Iraq to soon and led to all of this in the first place."

Read more at: https://www.foxnews.com/media/rep-michael-waltz-says-u-s-troops-pullout-from-syria-sets-conditions-for-isis-2-0

Republican Representative Florida says this, in fact, many people say this. We are repeating the mistake of withdrawal in 2011 that Obama made.

That's fine if one disagrees with it but it's not like this statement is brand new and unheard of, Graham said it, perhaps Rubio has said it, it wouldn't surprise if others say it. It's certainly been stated a number of times.

@Right_in_Virginia

Anyway, the questions don't need to come to me,  the Military handled fighting ISIS, perhaps they should be handling this too instead of the Executive Branch now deciding things.   Remember, I am mainly just echoing what they are saying.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #551 on: October 15, 2019, 06:44:14 pm »
So the Kurds were actually protecting the US????

WOW! Who knew?

It says the Kurds were/are guarding ISIS prisoners. 

It is what it is. I don't see how one could read that into the excerpt posted.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #552 on: October 15, 2019, 06:55:44 pm »
The author use to work in DC for a Turkish newspaper, now, he's gone over to Middle East Eye (MEE) which still can have decent individual articles, I kind of feel sorry for him,  he's semi-offending a country viciously and partly correctly, vilified in the international press while he himself, doesn't seem to bad, I've followed him for a spell.

EXCLUSIVE: 'Work with us in Syria or get out of the way,' Erdogan told Trump
By Ragip Soylu in Ankara

When Recep Tayyip Erdogan ended his call with Donald Trump on Sunday, there was a sense of frustration in the Turkish capital and a feeling that Ankara's concerns had not been properly considered.

Just hours later those sentiments were reversed, as the White House released an explosive readout declaring its support for a Turkish assault in northeast Syria and upending US policy in the region.

"Erdogan told Trump that the US should either work with Turkey to conduct this operation or just get out of the way,” a Turkish official familiar with the conversation told Middle East Eye.

Article: https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/exclusive-syria-turkey-kurds-erdogan-trump

Kurdish politician's murder prompted sanctions, Trump said to have told Erdogan
Penalties placed by White House designed to preempt more severe congressional ones, MEE understands

Hervin Khalaf was murdered by the side of the road in northeastern Syria (Twitter)
By Ragip Soylu in Ankara
Published date: 15 October 2019 15:00 UTC | Last update: 14 sec ago

Donald Trump cited the murder of a female Kurdish politician as a reason behind the sanctions placed on Turkey in a call to President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, a Turkish official has revealed to Middle East Eye.

On Monday, Washington placed a series of sanctions on Turkish government officials and institutions in response to Ankara’s offensive in northeastern Syria.

Before the sanctions were announced, the Turkish and US presidents spoke by phone, with Trump outlining why he was now penalising Ankara after having previously seemed accepting of Turkey’s operation.

More: https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/murder-kurdish-politician-prompted-sanctions-trump-said-have-told-erdogan

Twitter, Ragip Soylu

Ragıp Soylu
@ragipsoylu
·
20m
LATEST on Syria:

• Kremlin: Turkey shouldn’t get in Syria beyond 5-10km
• Russian forces in US base in Manbij
• Multiple clashes near Ras al-Ayn
• Assad convoy in Manbij hit by air strike
• Pentagon trained YPG/SDF against a Turkish incursion with MULTIPLE REHEARSALS (FP) 

So, that "safe zone", "buffer zone" is pretty small, with what the Russians demand... that's about the same that everyone else was demanding, a very very limited zone especially when Turkey may have even wanted up to 30Kms or so.

That's what no one could agree with at the negotiations table.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 06:59:32 pm by TomSea »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #553 on: October 15, 2019, 10:58:01 pm »
I am for keeping peace in Syria. Looks like that didn't happen.

Why do you want to see ISIS rise again? Why do you want to abandon the allies who defeated ISIS?  Why are you plugging for Obama II ?  At least, on this issue.

If that's how you carry on conversation, I can do the same.

Yeah, and I don't believe in abandoning people to genocide either. 

If the MSM is honest, that's part of Obama's legacy.

Let's see, is one for giving Iran more power? That kind of flies in the face of all of our Iran-chatter as well. We helped them seize more power.

Listen. These people are all tribal. The only reason they can Wage War like we do is because WE gave them that ability.

Walking away from Syria is good.

Research it. There is an official government report that says there are (at least) 20 other groups willing to fill in the void left by the decimation of ISIS.

These people DON'T care, about your rules , alliances, honor, or your effing apple pie.

They spin. Spin. Spin. Never turn your back on them.

You know why I don't care if any side there commits atrocities or genocide?

BECAUSE THEY DON'T CARE.

WHY SHOULD WE?

This isn't about Syria, Iraq, Turkey...

It is about playing FU**-FU** games with the Russians.

Trump is right, here.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

Trump’s Abandoning of the Kurds in Syria Has Led to a “Total Shitstorm”

............mere hours after Trump's announcement, when Turkey launched a series of airstrikes against Kurdish positions. Dozens of Kurdish fighters and civilians have been killed since then, and the United Nations estimates that 130,000 people have fled their homes to escape the violence. Hundreds of detained family members of ISIS fighters escaped from an understaffed prison camp, and the U.S. has managed to take custody of only two of more than 2,000 suspected ISIS terrorists held in the area, according to CBS News. On Sunday, Kurdish forces indeed announced an alliance with the Iran- and Russia-backed Assad regime, opening up large swaths of northern Syria to recapture by Assad's forces. On Monday, The New York Times reported that his armies were already on the move.

The sudden instability has placed American lives in danger, too. Newsweek reported that Turkish forces have fired shells near positions long known to be held by American troops, suggesting that Turkish president Recep Tayyip ErdoÄŸan is deliberately working to hasten their retreat. "Turkey knows all of our locations down to the precise grid coordinate," wrote Brett McGurk, former special envoy to the coalition to defeat ISIS, on Twitter. "This was not a mistake." A senior administration official described the situation to The Washington Post as "total chaos" and a "total shitstorm":.............

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/trump-abandoning-kurds-syria-led-192649244.html
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 11:44:35 pm by TomSea »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #555 on: October 15, 2019, 11:20:57 pm »
Listen. These people are all tribal. The only reason they can Wage War like we do is because WE gave them that ability.

Research it. There is an official government report that says there are (at least) 20 other groups willing to fill in the void left by the decimation of ISIS.

These people DON'T care, about your rules , alliances, honor, or your effing apple pie.

BECAUSE THEY DON'T CARE.

WHY SHOULD WE?

Trump is right, here.

@bigheadfred

And there it is.

The problem is that westerners are taught practically from birth to consider the "other man to be reasonable,we just disagree and need to talk so we can compromise".

People from eastern cultures get brain freeze if you were even to suggest such a thing. "MY way is the right way,and if you disagree I have a right to kill you!" seems to be their basic take on everyday life when it comes to dealing with people outside of their tribe/religion.

Somebody PLEASE splain to me how you can reason with a religious fanatic.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #556 on: October 15, 2019, 11:24:43 pm »
Somebody PLEASE splain to me how you can reason with a religious fanatic.

Tell him the 72 virgins all look like Helen Thomas? :smokin:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #557 on: October 15, 2019, 11:33:01 pm »

How the hell is that supposed to work if you show them a female?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #558 on: October 15, 2019, 11:33:13 pm »

Offline TomSea

To me, just my opinion, it's like he lacks geo-political understandings, it's almost a decision an adolescent makes, it's also kind of a dumb decision the heavily non-interventionists make.

I asked for advice and then edited the headline @libertybele   , at least for the banner, I won't change the posting. Any other moderators can if it is not proper.

It's an infuriating decision for me and I know many others, it really is some decision a 12 year old would make for many and I don't mean that to be mean-spirited, we should at least do something more, no-fly zone or something.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 11:46:57 pm by TomSea »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #560 on: October 15, 2019, 11:47:34 pm »

@Cyber Liberty

Are you trying to convince him you are an infidel?

Although it would go a long ways towards explaining how they are still virgins and the family goat isn't.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #561 on: October 15, 2019, 11:50:05 pm »
And, they're raisins: https://globalnation.inquirer.net/163694/raisins-not-virgins-quran-scholars-say

Right. Mistranslations and misunderstanding.

What all of you need to comprehend, not understand, is that these people are "raisin"ed from birth to follow Sharia Law. And that interpretation of that law is something that some of you can surely understand.

We call it the Ninth Circus.

I should shut up, but this:

Each tribe follows the Commandments of their local shaman, imam, or similar "religious" leader the "t". THEIR individual interpretation of the LAW, IS THE LAW.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #562 on: October 15, 2019, 11:51:28 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Although it would go a long ways towards explaining how they are still virgins and the family goat isn't.

I'm still a virgin...

Offline TomSea

« Reply #563 on: October 15, 2019, 11:54:51 pm »

BECAUSE THEY DON'T CARE.

WHY SHOULD WE?

Trump is right, here.

Okay, such an expert on these people, what's the name of the group of Christians over there that numbered say over 1,500,000 in Iraq pre-2003 to under 500,000 now?? We've already heard the "it's all tribal" spiel. And even if you do get that name in a timely fashion, it kind of refutes it being in a timely fashion and no, I don't think that Christians who have been there since New Testament times should be abandoned because USA goes in there.

@bigheadfred

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/2003-christians-iraq-1-400000-2016-christians-iraq-275000

Honestly, I won't name names of our presidents because I don't know all of the facts, but if you mess up some of these things, I don't see how you can sleep at night.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 12:01:09 am by TomSea »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #564 on: October 16, 2019, 12:09:50 am »
Okay, such an expert on these people, what's the name of the group of Christians over there that numbered say over 1,500,000 in Iraq pre-2003 to under 500,000 now?? We've already heard the "it's all tribal" spiel. And even if you do get that name in a timely fashion, it kind of refutes it being in a timely fashion and no, I don't think that Christians who have been there since New Testament times should be abandoned because USA goes in there.

@bigheadfred

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/2003-christians-iraq-1-400000-2016-christians-iraq-275000

Honestly, I won't name names of our presidents because I don't know all of the facts, but if you mess up some of these things, I don't see how you can sleep at night.

uh huh

Why don't you name ALL of the Americans who have died fighting this useless shit?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #565 on: October 16, 2019, 12:11:39 am »
PS @TomSea

( No personal attacks - Moderator)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 12:44:31 am by TomSea »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #566 on: October 16, 2019, 12:12:59 am »
PPS: @TomSea

Stop the wringing of hands, sackcloth and ashes.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #567 on: October 16, 2019, 12:14:42 am »
I don't know all of the facts

Neither do I.

I stand by what I posted.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
ErdoÄŸan says he will never declare Syria ceasefire: Turkish media
« Reply #568 on: October 16, 2019, 12:24:54 am »
ErdoÄŸan says he will never declare Syria ceasefire: Turkish media
By John Bowden - 10/15/19 07:26 PM EDT

Turkish President Recep Tayyip ErdoÄŸan was defiant in a call with President Trump on Tuesday, vowing that U.S. sanctions on the country would not force Turkey to declare a ceasefire in northern Syria, according to a Turkish broadcaster.

NTV reported that ErdoÄŸan told reporters on a flight back from Baku, in Azerbaijan, that he told Trump that Turkey would "not negotiate with a terrorist organization," referring to U.S.-backed Kurdish militant groups operating in northern Syria, according to Reuters.

Turkey's military campaign in northern Syria targeting U.S.-backed Kurdish militia groups that the NATO member considers to be terrorist organizations has caused widespread condemnations from U.S. lawmakers and foreign leaders, though ErdoÄŸan has shown no signs of backing down from the campaign.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/international/465967-erdogan-says-he-will-never-declare-syria-ceasefire-turkish-media
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

Re: ErdoÄŸan says he will never declare Syria ceasefire: Turkish media
« Reply #569 on: October 16, 2019, 12:27:07 am »
So I guess those threats of economic retaliation weren't too effective...

Offline TomSea

« Reply #570 on: October 16, 2019, 12:42:34 am »
uh huh

Why don't you name ALL of the Americans who have died fighting this useless shit?

I guess that means you don't know their names. Not the big expert, I asked a simple question

You have that right, we shouldn't go in and make it worse.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #571 on: October 16, 2019, 12:44:31 am »
@Cyber Liberty

:hattip:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #572 on: October 16, 2019, 12:50:28 am »
I guess that means you don't know their names. Not the big expert, I asked a simple question

You have that right, we shouldn't go in and make it worse.

A simple question. Who did the last census?

The Greek Orthodox Church? The Copts?

What I am trying to tell you is that these people wear the mask of the day.

When you say which one sect? THEY don't know.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #573 on: October 16, 2019, 12:57:48 am »
PS @TomSea

( No personal attacks - Moderator)

How Sharia of you.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #574 on: October 16, 2019, 12:58:52 am »
uh huh

Not many in Syria, hardly any at all,

Let's see, Trump announced this same kind of deal back last December, Jihadists liked it, killed 4 Americans in a restaurant by suicide bombing, that really is more on Trump though I don't really blame him, just stating what the news was  The Kurds and so forth made the ground sacrifices, we've done mainly airstrikes.

This is not Iraq or Afghanistan.

I don't think a dozen soldiers have died. Yes, it is a great tragedy when this happens.