Author Topic: Turkish Invasion of Northern Syria  (Read 24666 times)

Offline jpsb

Re: Esper: Turkey 'appears to be' committing war crimes in northern Syria
« Reply #350 on: October 13, 2019, 04:27:27 pm »
GOP congressman: 'We all know' Turkey wouldn't have attacked if U.S. troops remained at border
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/465576-gop-congressman-we-all-know-turkey-wouldnt-have-attacked-if-us

Exactly right, Trump betrayed the Kurds in Syria. Who would ever trust us again.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Turkish Invasion of Northern Syria
« Reply #351 on: October 13, 2019, 04:58:56 pm »
Why are we even taking prisoners?  ISIS doesn't.

That is exactly my point.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #352 on: October 13, 2019, 05:02:14 pm »
Against a NATO Ally?

I don't know if it would have to be an actual declaration of war. What about a police action? We don't seem to be willing to wage an actual war anymore. Police actions, yeah.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #353 on: October 13, 2019, 05:04:27 pm »
https://www.defensenews.com/congress/2019/10/10/kurds-may-be-wiped-out-before-turkey-sanctions-happen-senators-worry/

Kurds may be wiped out before Turkey sanctions happen, senators worry

WASHINGTON ― Senators critical of President Donald Trump’s sudden military withdrawal from Syria are prepping a legislative response to the Turkish offensive there, but some colleagues worry America’s Kurdish partners may be dead by the time sanctions are imposed.

Sens. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., and Chris Van Hollen, D-Md., have proposed Congress’ most concrete legislative response to date to the unfolding crisis. Their bill includes sanctions on Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and a tougher stance against Ankara’s purchase of the Russian S-400 air defense system.

Graham, a Trump ally who has publicly broken with the administration over the president’s decision to yank U.S. troops from northern Syria, implored Trump on Thursday to sanction Turkey, reestablish safe zones to protect America’s Kurdish allies and “prevent the reemergence of ISIS before it’s too late,” using an acronym for the Islamic State group.

“Mr. President, your decision regarding Syria is having grave consequences to our national security and that of our allies and partners,” Graham said in a series of tweets. “Please change course while you still can.”

The sanctions, as proposed, would remain in place until the executive branch certifies to Congress that Turkey is not engaged in military activities in contested areas of Syria and that all Turkish and Turkish-partner fighters have been withdrawn from Syrian territories impacted by the Turkish military operation that began Wednesday.

more at link

This sure is a great distraction from the Trump impeachment.  blij26

« Reply #354 on: October 13, 2019, 05:12:18 pm »
Why are we even taking prisoners?  ISIS doesn't.
An enemy that knows you do not take prisoners fights to the death.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #355 on: October 13, 2019, 05:14:46 pm »

I thought they already did that.  I do see your point, though.  But...last I heard ISIS executes all prisoners in ugly ways.  Am I mistaken?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #356 on: October 13, 2019, 05:36:15 pm »
Against a NATO Ally?

We we have congress people bitching about Trumps decision as if they have no recourse of their own.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #357 on: October 13, 2019, 05:39:39 pm »
Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

Do you remember two years ago when Iraq was going to fight the Kurds in a different part of Syria. Many people wanted us to fight with the Kurds against Iraq, who we just fought for. I said no, and the Kurds left the fight, twice. Now the same thing is happening with Turkey......

.....The Kurds and Turkey have been fighting for many years. Turkey considers the PKK the worst terrorists of all. Others may want to come in and fight for one side or the other. Let them! We are monitoring the situation closely. Endless Wars!

6:09 AM - 13 Oct 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1183369133301391365

Too little too late. Turkey will not stop their genocidal effort to wipe out the Kurds. Trump really stepped it this time.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #358 on: October 13, 2019, 06:06:31 pm »
Going to get real ugly now that Syria is sending troops in that area.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #359 on: October 13, 2019, 06:08:43 pm »
Too little too late. Turkey will not stop their genocidal effort to wipe out the Kurds. Trump really stepped it this time.

twitter.com
Sotiri Dimpinoudis (sotiridi)
#Breaking: Just in - Unconfirmed reports says that the Syrian Arab Army #SAA will be sending more then 5.000 troops into #Manbij and #Kobani in #Syria to help thrive #Turkey and it's troops out of the country, and to stop the Turkish invasion into their country.
8:58 AM - 13 Oct 2019

So, SDF appears to have made a deal with the Assad regime.  Will we see a battle? Will Russia give airsupport to the Syrian army against Turkey? That seems it could happen.

https://twitter.com/sotiridi/status/1183432691141824514

I'm picking this up from here, also, at the above link, there is even a TV broadcast saying all of this.

Here:   

https://twitter.com/sotiridi/status/1183429667036024835

At least, in Syria, there doesn't seem to be history at all or much of Christians being persecuted but the people have to keep in line with the regime and they have a large Sunni population.

I thought I might have seen some tweet that the Syrian, SAA, Syrian Army may already be there in Manbij and our troops have fled the North.

We just said we won't abandon the Kurds, now, it seems fairly clear, we will have to leave the country, I would think.... odd times.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 06:09:53 pm by TomSea »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
State Department: Reports of Kurdish politician, captured fighters being killed 'extremely troubling'
By Justine Coleman - 10/13/19 01:24 PM EDT

The State Department calling reports that a Kurdish politician and Kurdish fighters were killed during Turkey's offensive in northern Syria "extremely troubling."

A department spokesman told The Hill that officials have seen reports regarding the killings of Secretary General of the Future Syria Party Hervin Khalaf and Kurdish fighters.

“We find these reports to be extremely troubling, reflecting the overall destabilization of northeast Syria since the commencement of hostilities on Tuesday,” the spokesman said in an email.

“We condemn in the strongest of terms any mistreatment and extrajudicial execution of civilians or prisoners, and are looking further into these circumstances,” the spokesman added.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/international/middle-east-north-africa/465590-state-department-reports-of-kurdish-politician
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #361 on: October 13, 2019, 06:24:12 pm »

@Once-Ler

EXCELLENT! In that case it would mean there would be no prisoners to house,clothe,feed,give medical care to,and guard. Win/win.

BTW,what makes you so sure THEY  know we take prisoners?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #362 on: October 13, 2019, 06:27:02 pm »

@jpsb

HOW did Trump "Really step into it this time"? Is he,or the US their daddy? If not,WHY are WE responsible for the Kurds? Isn't there a big building in NYC called the UN that is supposed to take responsibility for situations like this?

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #363 on: October 13, 2019, 06:31:12 pm »

At least, in Syria, there doesn't seem to be history at all or much of Christians being persecuted but the people have to keep in line with the regime and they have a large Sunni population.

@TomSea

The same could have been said for Iraq under Saddam Hussein. There were even Jewish Temples and Christian churches there,with Iraqui soldiers to guard them and the people who went to them to worship.

None of which stopped Boy Jorge from declaring war on Iraq to please his Saudi pimps.

Offline jpsb

I was so looking toward to 2020 reelecting Trump and taking back the House, Trump as totally blown it in Syria
by betraying the Kurds.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #365 on: October 13, 2019, 06:34:23 pm »

YPG militia commit a massacre of civilians in the village north of Raqqa before withdrawing

13 Oct, 2019 14:38    Syria
https://nedaa-sy.com/en/news/16318

This website tends to paint the YPG and the Assad regime and the Russians in very bad light.  I think, as I've said before, they are oriented towards the FSA, Free Syrian Army, rebels... but, I can't discount the Syria Call website altogether, a lot of their reporting is ahead of time and from what I can tell, their reporting is fairly accurate, take with a grain of salt. I'm just saying, if one is curious about that war over there, go to all sources.

If these guys have done any of this, well, you just say, they aren't holier than thou, no side is. They are sort of idealized, hard to say.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 06:39:02 pm by TomSea »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #366 on: October 13, 2019, 06:40:39 pm »

There's one way for Turkey to stop fighting against the Kurds, but the Kurds won't give up their dream of taking part of Turkey for their own uses.   :shrug:

Not our battle. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #367 on: October 13, 2019, 06:43:59 pm »
There's one way for Turkey to stop fighting against the Kurds, but the Kurds won't give up their dream of taking part of Turkey for their own uses.   :shrug:

Not our battle.

Somebody made it our battle when we sent the first pair of boots into Syria (Obastard's regime?).  It's the "Pottery Barn rule." 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #368 on: October 13, 2019, 06:45:53 pm »

Not our battle.

Yes it is.  I rather we fight ISIS in that area than here. Also, I prefer that we DON'T STAB ALLIES IN THE BACK!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #369 on: October 13, 2019, 07:18:11 pm »

Not our battle.

@Right_in_Virginia

Not our zoo,not our monkeys.

« Reply #370 on: October 13, 2019, 07:26:42 pm »
@Once-Ler

EXCELLENT! In that case it would mean there would be no prisoners to house,clothe,feed,give medical care to,and guard. Win/win.

BTW,what makes you so sure THEY  know we take prisoners?

I don't have an answer for that, but I did want let you know how much I admire your manly approval of shooting surrendering soldiers.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #371 on: October 13, 2019, 07:34:34 pm »
Since he likes to throw our allies under the bus, I wonder if he is going to stab the Baltic nations and Ukraine in the back.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #372 on: October 13, 2019, 07:37:50 pm »

Yes it is.  I rather we fight ISIS in that area than here.

I'm interested to know how this works - when we show up in the ME are jihadis involuntarily obligated to fight us? Does Immigration & Naturalization have a rule that prevents radical muslims from immigrating here as long as we have troops in their home country?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 07:44:12 pm by skeeter »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #373 on: October 13, 2019, 07:40:50 pm »
I'm interested to know how this works - when we show up in the ME are jihadis obligated to fight us? Does Immigration & Naturalization have a rule that prevents radical muslims from immigrating here as long as we have troops in their home country?

It keeps them occupied. The last time we listen to isolationists was in the 1930s and it didn't turn out to well.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #374 on: October 13, 2019, 07:46:16 pm »

It keeps them occupied. The last time we listen to isolationists was in the 1930s and it didn't turn out to well.

They aren't hamsters. The fact is that as long as our immigration system remains a free for all the 'fight them there or fight them here' slogan is a load invented by nation building interventionists.