Author Topic: Turkish Invasion of Northern Syria  (Read 24681 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Turkish Invasion of Northern Syria
« Reply #325 on: October 13, 2019, 08:19:04 am »
What's the bloody point of defeating ISIS if you are going to let them grow again?

That said, maybe the Europeans could heed this to do more if they are so concerned, it shouldn't just be us carrying this load.

Yes, I've been proud, we along with others in the whole coalition beat ISIS back and we probably have done most of the heavy lifting.

Still, as discussed in the forum, we were almost or we did "green light" the invasion, that's troubling, whole situation sucks. Idiotic.

I don't get the whole narrative and some dispute the narrative.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Syrian Kurds commander to US: 'You are leaving us to be slaughtered'
« Reply #326 on: October 13, 2019, 11:09:12 am »

Everyone forgets this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide_of_Yazidis_by_ISIL

The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, calling itself Islamic State) is recognized by the United Nations as the perpetrator of a genocide of Yazidis in Iraq.[1][10][11] The genocide led to the expulsion, flight and effective exile of the Yazidis from their ancestral lands in Northern Iraq whose women and girls were forced into sexual slavery by the Islamic State and whose men were killed by the thousands.[12] The genocide led to the abduction of Yazidi women and massacres that killed five thousand Yazidi civilians[4][13] during what has been called a "forced conversion campaign"[14][15] being carried out in Northern Iraq by ISIL, starting in 2014. The genocide happened following the Kurdish Peshmerga withdrawal, which left the Yazidis defenseless.[16][17]

ISIL's persecution of the Yazidis gained international attention and led to the American-led intervention in Iraq, which started with United States airstrikes against ISIL. Additionally, the US, UK, and Australia made emergency airdrops to Yazidis who had fled to a mountain range. YPG and PKK fighters opened a humanitarian corridor to the Sinjar Mountains and helped the Yazidis.[18]

It isn't just about land, it's about survival, when it comes to the Kurds vs the Islamic State. Recall, the Kurds are made up of Muslims, Sunni and Shiia, but also a variety of other religions, from Christian to Zoroastrian. The ISIS/ISIL/IS crowd won't tolerate anything but their own flavor of Islam.

I am all for prioritizing protecting our own borders, too, and would love to see that done.

Should we have been involved in Syria in the first place? How about letting Assad handle this, suits me just fine, and should have been the policy from the start. The Turks have just complicated things, however, and frankly aren't fighting for/on Turkish soil at this point. This is an invasion, the 35 mile buffer zone is on Syrian soil, not Turkish, and that happens to be where these Kurds live..
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Turkey set to invade Syria; US to remove forces from area
« Reply #327 on: October 13, 2019, 01:18:54 pm »
There is a website on Syrian news called "Syria Call" but I generally post nothing from there because the stories to most of us, don't look viable. But I know some of what they've posted has been true. So, they are worth checking out some but there is just so much information out there that we can't trust. Or there is a lot of "disinformation" out there.

@TomSea

A wise man once noted that "Truth is the first victim of any war".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jpsb

Turkey-Syria offensive: 'Hundreds' of IS relatives escape camp
« Reply #328 on: October 13, 2019, 01:32:48 pm »
Hundreds of foreigners affiliated with the Islamic State group (IS) have escaped from a camp in northern Syria amid a Turkish offensive, Kurdish officials say.

They say detainees attacked gates at the Ain Issa displacement camp as fighting raged nearby.

Turkey launched an assault last week aimed at driving Kurdish-led forces from the region.

The UN says 130,000 people have fled their homes, and the figure may rise.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50029540

Unbelievable stupid bone headed decision by Trump to put the knife in the  back of our Kurd allies.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Esper: Turkey 'appears to be' committing war crimes in northern Syria
« Reply #329 on: October 13, 2019, 02:08:17 pm »
Esper: Turkey 'appears to be' committing war crimes in northern Syria
By Zack Budryk - 10/13/19 08:49 AM EDT

Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Sunday that recent action by Turkish forces since their incursion into northern Syria “appears to be” a war crime.

“It appears to be,” Esper agreed on CBS’s “Face the Nation” Sunday when host Margaret Brennan described some of Turkey's conduct against Kurdish forces as a war crime, including footage appearing to show the summary execution of Kurdish captives.

“It’s a very terrible situation over there, a situation caused by the Turks. Despite our opposition, they decided to make this incursion,” Esper said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/465564-esper-turkey-appears-to-be-committing-war-crimes-in-northern-syria
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #330 on: October 13, 2019, 02:26:12 pm »
What's the bloody point of defeating ISIS if you are going to let them grow again?

That said, maybe the Europeans could heed this to do more if they are so concerned, it shouldn't just be us carrying this load.

Yes, I've been proud, we along with others in the whole coalition beat ISIS back and we probably have done most of the heavy lifting.

Still, as discussed in the forum, we were almost or we did "green light" the invasion, that's troubling, whole situation sucks. Idiotic.

I don't get the whole narrative and some dispute the narrative.

Agree. 

While Europe should have been carrying part of the load, ISIS is a direct threat to us as well.

And releasing the monsters, deliberately or inadvertently, is downright dangerous................ and not just to the Kurds and Europeans.

Giving the green light to slaughter the Kurds........ if that's what was in fact done...... is unforgivable.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 02:27:20 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #331 on: October 13, 2019, 02:29:02 pm »
Agree. 

While Europe should have been carrying part of the load, ISIS is a direct threat to us as well.

And releasing the monsters, deliberately or inadvertently, is downright dangerous................ and not just to the Kurds and Europeans.

Giving the green light to slaughter the Kurds........ if that's what was in fact done...... is unforgivable.

Also, ISIS can get into this country without crossing the southern border.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #332 on: October 13, 2019, 02:47:24 pm »
There should never have been 10,000 ISIS prisoners to begin with.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline jpsb

« Reply #333 on: October 13, 2019, 02:56:43 pm »

Everyone supporting President Trump on this should click on the link below

https://twitter.com/i/status/1183040900181774337

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #334 on: October 13, 2019, 03:08:40 pm »
Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

Very smart not to be involved in the intense fighting along the Turkish Border, for a change. Those that mistakenly got us into the Middle East Wars are still pushing to fight. They have no idea what a bad decision they have made. Why are they not asking for a Declaration of War?

5:57 AM - 13 Oct 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1183366057169444864

« Reply #335 on: October 13, 2019, 03:11:03 pm »
Donald J. Trump

Do you remember two years ago when Iraq was going to fight the Kurds in a different part of Syria. Many people wanted us to fight with the Kurds against Iraq, who we just fought for. I said no, and the Kurds left the fight, twice. Now the same thing is happening with Turkey......

.....The Kurds and Turkey have been fighting for many years. Turkey considers the PKK the worst terrorists of all. Others may want to come in and fight for one side or the other. Let them! We are monitoring the situation closely. Endless Wars!

6:09 AM - 13 Oct 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1183369133301391365

« Reply #336 on: October 13, 2019, 03:12:58 pm »
Donald J. Trump

Dealing with @LindseyGrahamSC and many members of Congress, including Democrats, about imposing powerful Sanctions on Turkey. Treasury is ready to go, additional legislation may be sought. There is great consensus on this. Turkey has asked that it not be done. Stay tuned!

6:37 AM - 13 Oct 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1183376270731763714

Re: Esper: Turkey 'appears to be' committing war crimes in northern Syria
« Reply #337 on: October 13, 2019, 03:14:30 pm »
Donald J. Trump

Dealing with @LindseyGrahamSC and many members of Congress, including Democrats, about imposing powerful Sanctions on Turkey. Treasury is ready to go, additional legislation may be sought. There is great consensus on this. Turkey has asked that it not be done. Stay tuned!

6:37 AM - 13 Oct 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1183376270731763714

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #338 on: October 13, 2019, 03:21:38 pm »
Everyone supporting President Trump on this should click on the link below

https://twitter.com/i/status/1183040900181774337

That dead kid keeps blinking his eyes.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #339 on: October 13, 2019, 03:23:03 pm »
GOP congressman: 'We all know' Turkey wouldn't have attacked if U.S. troops remained at border
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/465576-gop-congressman-we-all-know-turkey-wouldnt-have-attacked-if-us
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #340 on: October 13, 2019, 03:25:35 pm »
Senate Democrat on Turkey sanctions: 'For God's sake, what are they waiting for?'
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/465567-democratic-senator-on-turkey-sanctions-for-gods-sake-what-are-they
Support the USO

« Reply #341 on: October 13, 2019, 03:25:36 pm »
How nutty is this? Check this out (an apparent Voice of America VOA reporter):
The gesture itself is good, I'm just kind of perplexed!

Maybe the Turks could buy back some American troops from Saudi Arabia.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,379050.0.html
Trump brags he’s renting out U.S. military to Saudi Arabia: “They’re paying us for everything!”

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #342 on: October 13, 2019, 03:26:22 pm »
There should never have been 10,000 ISIS prisoners to begin with.

Why are we even taking prisoners?  ISIS doesn't.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

« Reply #343 on: October 13, 2019, 03:31:36 pm »
The goal of the separate Kurdish tribes is to unite and carve out a new country Kurdistan.  Unsurprisingly, none of these countries want to “donate” territory to a new Kurdistan, thus the conflict. 

Unless we are going to take on Iraq, Iran, Syria and Turkey to create a country of Kurdistan, we have no reason to be there.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 03:33:36 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #344 on: October 13, 2019, 03:40:50 pm »
Dan Crenshaw @DanCrenshawTX
23h
Situation when we were there: relative peace.

We leave:
-Turkey attacks our Kurdish allies -shoots artillery at US troops
-bombs a prison where ISIS fighters already escaped.
-ISIS car bomb in Qamishli.

That’s just day one.

Which scenario looks more like an endless war?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #345 on: October 13, 2019, 03:43:04 pm »
The goal of the separate Kurdish tribes is to unite and carve out a new country Kurdistan.  Unsurprisingly, none of these countries want to “donate” territory to a new Kurdistan, thus the conflict. 

Unless we are going to take on Iraq, Iran, Syria and Turkey to create a country of Kurdistan, we have no reason to be there.

Sounds a lot like the so-called "Palestinians."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #346 on: October 13, 2019, 03:45:33 pm »
Ya know congress does have the power to declare war if they really wanted it...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #347 on: October 13, 2019, 03:46:51 pm »
Ya know congress does have the power to declare war if they really wanted it...

Against a NATO Ally?
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #348 on: October 13, 2019, 03:59:38 pm »
Sky News Breaking @SkyNewsBreak

5h
News agency Reuters reports the Kurdish-led administration in northern Syria says 785 people affiliated with I.S. have escaped the Ain Issa camp following shelling by Turkey

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO