Author Topic: Turkish Invasion of Northern Syria  (Read 24726 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Turkey set to invade Syria; US to remove forces from area
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2019, 05:16:38 pm »
Fights not over.  ISIS and Taliban are still around.  Either we grow some balls as a country and finish this fight now...or we leave and have to go back and do it all over again 10-15 years from now starting from scratch.

I'd like to know, from your military expertise and perspective, how you would advise finishing the fight now, @txradioguy .

I agree as a non-expert that we should fight this fight until it's won, but don't know how the military should go about it.

Your thoughts?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2019, 05:27:37 pm »
Wladimir
@vvanwilgenburg
European countries that refused to help Trump with safe zone (by putting boots in the ground) are also responsible for this mess.
11:26 AM · Oct 9, 2019·Twitter for Android

https://twitter.com/vvanwilgenburg/status/1181969282911133697

Right, we've had 8 mos. at least to try to solve this, because we are the major power over there, we do the heavy lifting. I do believe, if not said earlier, the UK is over there too.  So, another major power. I know other countries discussed this, I'm not sure how far that got.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 05:47:13 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

There was a request to merge these threads together.

There is also one in politics but I won't fool with that one.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2019, 05:35:08 pm »
Trump's Bay of Pigs ....

Menendez is partisan unmentionable.... but if he weren't, he could do the country a lot of good and he's not always wrong:

Senator Bob Menendez
@SenatorMenendez
·
30m
All this chaos and destruction is a direct result of the President looking for a hollow win to fulfill a campaign promise.

At the behest of foreign leaders, President Trump sold out our allies & our long-term national security for his personal short-term political gain...again.
Quote Tweet
TIME
@TIME
 Â· 10h
Islamic State militants hit U.S.-backed Kurdish fighters in northern Syria http://bit.ly/320gFs6
Senator Bob Menendez
@SenatorMenendez
·
31m
Today is a dark day.

American soldiers worked tirelessly to train and fight alongside the Kurds against ISIS.

Now President Trump is leaving our allies to die at the hands of the Turkish military.

The President has brought great shame to our country...again.
Quote Tweet
The New York Times
@nytimes
 Â· 3h
Breaking News: Turkey launched a planned military incursion into Syria, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said, after the U.S. withdrew forces near the border https://nyti.ms/35gj301
Senator Bob Menendez
@SenatorMenendez
·
32m
As predicted, Trump completely ignored the calls from Congress, from human rights advocates, from the realities on the ground, and from the Kurds themselves.

To be clear, only chaos & havoc will follow. This is the second chance ISIS has been waiting for.
Quote Tweet
MSNBC
@MSNBC
 Â· 4h
BREAKING: Turkish President ErdoÄŸan says Turkish military operation against Kurdish and ISIS forces in northern Syria has begun; follows US president's announcement that the US would remove its forces from the area and not oppose a Turkish operation.
Show this thread

https://twitter.com/SenatorMenendez

And since he's a Democrat, he's not holding back.

Brett McGurk, I heard him criticized the other day and he's the one who resigned under Trump but I find his words pretty wise on twitter.

https://twitter.com/brett_mcgurk
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 05:43:28 pm by TomSea »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2019, 05:36:08 pm »
If this actually happens, it will not look good for Trump despite his intentions...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2019, 06:30:03 pm »
Whatever you have to do to justify your hypocrisy on this Pete.

@txradioguy

WHAT hypocrisy? Explain yourself.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2019, 06:33:31 pm »

Our own non interventionist and isolationist policies in the face of what Japan was doing in the Pacific facilitated the attack on Pearl Harbor.

@txradioguy

Only because King Franklin was desperate to save his beloved Uncle Joe Stalin.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2019, 06:36:07 pm »
Fights not over.  ISIS and Taliban are still around.  Either we grow some balls as a country and finish this fight now...or we leave and have to go back and do it all over again 10-15 years from now starting from scratch.

@txradioguy

You must have never been in a fight if you think we are fighting now with ANY intention of winning. Perpetual war brings perpetual contracts for the Military Industrial Complex,where almost all retired flag officers and national political figures find homes when they retire.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2019, 06:54:04 pm »
They are and they will continue to be, in one form or another.  We need to start being smart about this.

@Sanguine

PRECISELY! Nobody has EVER won a war by killing privates/illiterate ragheads,and we are not even fighting a war. We are fighting what everyone is calling an insurgency.

Which is actually irrelevant when it comes to defeating the enemy,regardless of what tag you place on the conflict. We live in an age of computers,and there is no shortage of VERY bright people who know how to hack into computer systems,or intelligence operatives who know how to track human targets.

The only REAL difference between ending an insurgency these days and winning a declared war is winning the insurgency is easier.  ALL you have to do is two things.

1: Shut off the flow of money to the insurgents. When the insurgents are no longer getting paid,they will go back home. Even "true believers" need money to  feed,clothe,and house their families.

2: Shut down their ammo and weapons supply lines. This is pretty much an automatic function of shutting down the flow of money going to them.

To do this you have to "discover" where the money is coming from,which is a joke because you can bet your bippy our government knows where the money is coming from,and probably already has the account numbers. You can do this several ways. The best is quietly approaching the bank managers and asking/telling them to name who the account owners are and where they are from,and then have them shut down those accounts and refuse to open new ones for the people who were accessing the accounts.

If that doesn't work,the next best step is "disappearing" the assholes running the accounts. You may have to "disappear" a few more bank managers before the word gets around that it is kinda dangerous to be laundering fundie Islam cash,but that is a small society where they all know each other,and it won't take long for them to notice some people have disappeared.

I would normally suggest after identifying the banks you would go to the leader of that nation and to the UN to have those accounts shut down,but we all know how laughable that is. Even if we said "Pretty please!"

Kill the leaders and the rank and file will all go back home. The few "true believers" that remain can be easily handled by the local or national cops once the leaders of that nation know we take it seriously.

Anytime in the future any radical shows up,play "whack a mole" before he gains much of a following.

To sum it up,the key to stopping this crap is to identify,locate,and neutralize the money men. Once the money stops flowing,everything else stops,too.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 06:55:11 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2019, 06:56:19 pm »
Meanwhile it is being reported that Turkey is bombing Syrian civilians.

@libertybele

What is the UN doing/saying about this?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2019, 07:03:07 pm »
Right, we've had 8 mos. at least to try to solve this, because we are the major power over there, we do the heavy lifting. I do believe, if not said earlier, the UK is over there too.  So, another major power. I know other countries discussed this, I'm not sure how far that got.

@TomSea

Sending in white troops is NOT the answer. It only causes more problems as the ignorant natives will tend to believe the insurgents when they tell them the west is trying to destroy Islam,and they are defending Islam.

Once again,the UN should use it's influence/money to send in troops from other Arab/Muslim nations to keep the insurgents in line. Any that refuse,should have ALL access to UN and Western money shut off immediately. Not to mention that all shipping ports and airports need to be on "do not use" lists. Any that refuse to cooperate should have every nickel of foreign aide shut down,and any and all US companies working there should be ordered out.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Recipe for disaster:' No plan to control ISIS prisoners as Turkey invades Syria
by Russ Read
 & Jerry Dunleavy
 | October 09, 2019 01:52 PM

Thousands of Islamic State prisoners are poised to escape their Kurdish captors while Turkey assaults northern Syria.

The Syrian Democratic Forces hold about 11,000 ISIS prisoners spread across more than 30 detention centers, many located close to the Turkish border and in the assault path. Turkish President Recep Tayyip ErdoÄŸan launched "Operation Peace Spring" on Wednesday, reporting the news himself on Twitter.

The White House pulled United States forces from northeast Syria on Sunday, saying Turkey would be responsible "for all ISIS fighters in the area captured over the past two years."

President Trump suggested Monday where the captives should go.

“I said I want them to go back to Germany. To France. To the different European countries from where they came,” Trump said. “And I said to the European countries, I said to all of them, take the people back. And they said, ‘No, no, no, we don’t want them back.’ I said they came from Germany. They came from France. Take them back.”

“So I told President Erdoğan it’s gonna be your responsibility,” Trump said. “So who is responsible? It’s really Russia. It’s Turkey. It’s Iran. It’s Iraq. And it’s Syria.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/recipe-for-disaster-no-plan-to-control-isis-prisoners-as-turkey-invades-syria
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #112 on: October 09, 2019, 08:55:16 pm »
@txradioguy

WHAT hypocrisy? Explain yourself.

Out of one side of your loud mouth you defend our actions in Vietnam when people were saying about that conflict exactly what you're saying about our alliance with the Kurds out of the other side of your mouth.

It's hipocracy pure and simple.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2019, 08:57:10 pm »
Adrian Morrow
@AdrianMorrow
Trump, on criticisms that he's abandoning the Kurds, suggests he has no obligation to protect them because they didn't fight with the U.S. against Nazi Germany. "They didn’t help us with the Second World War. They didn’t help us with Normandy," he says at the White House

https://twitter.com/AdrianMorrow/status/1182032410281680896

I've been trying to find out if Trump said this at the WH and I hesitated posting it but apparently, it did happen.   Seems sort of silly.  I need to see the context too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2019, 08:57:21 pm »
@libertybele

What is the UN doing/saying about this?

What did the UN say/do about Vietnam?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2019, 09:00:46 pm »
World News
October 9, 2019 / 10:59 AM / Updated 4 hours ago
Exclusive: U.S.-backed Syrian forces halt counter-Islamic State operations -sources
Phil Stewart, Ellen Francis

WASHINGTON/BEIRUT (Reuters) - U.S.-backed Kurdish fighters have halted operations for now against Islamic State in Syria as Turkey launches a military offensive in Syria’s northeast, two U.S. officials and a Kurdish military source said on Wednesday.

“The SDF stopped the anti-ISIS operations because it’s impossible to carry out any operation while you are being threatened by a large army right on the northern border,” the Kurdish military source said.

One of the U.S. officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the suspension also impacted U.S. training of stabilization forces in Syria.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-syria-security-turkey-usa-islamicstat/exclusive-u-s-backed-syrian-forces-halt-counter-islamic-state-operations-sources-idUSKBN1WO244

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2019, 11:16:50 pm »
If we really wanted to help the Kurds, we let the opportunity for a lasting solution pass us by.

We should have partitioned Iraq, and created a Kurdish state therein.
"Kurdistan", for lack of a better name.

And then we should have told the Iraqis that if they were going to oppose this, we would fight against them "on the Kurdish side" with the same determination we had previously used to oppose Saddam.

That would have put them in their place.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
There should be no isis "prisoners".
They should have been shot on sight, hands up or down.
Signing on to isis should be nothing more than a death sentence, as far as we of The West are concerned.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2019, 11:22:23 pm »
Honest question: How long should U.S. troops have stayed there? Six months, one year, 25 years ...? If Trump had not just ordered them out, what would have to happen before it was a good time to withdraw?

I really don't know - interested in everyone's comments.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline NavyCanDo

Honestly cant understand Trump's decision. Taking marching orders from Rand Paul?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2019, 11:48:55 pm »
Out of one side of your loud mouth you defend our actions in Vietnam when people were saying about that conflict exactly what you're saying about our alliance with the Kurds out of the other side of your mouth.

It's hipocracy pure and simple.

@txradioguy

No,TWO organized,HUGE nations joined forces to try to take over all of Asia in an extension of the Cold War. They first tried it in Korea,and then in Viet Nam.

Or do you seriously equate Asia with Shitstainistan and a bunch of retards that can't read or write and wipe their butts with their hands?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2019, 11:53:01 pm »
What did the UN say/do about Vietnam?

@txradioguy

Hard to tell if you are asking me,or @libertybelle,but I'll answer for me and let her answer for her if she wants.

The UN did everything they COULD do to help create problems for us,and to promote a Communist victory.

You might notice it is no longer 1964,and we have different circumstances at work,as well as an America First President.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2019, 11:57:51 pm »
Honest question: How long should U.S. troops have stayed there? Six months, one year, 25 years ...? If Trump had not just ordered them out, what would have to happen before it was a good time to withdraw?

I really don't know - interested in everyone's comments.

@mountaineer

You know my opinion on this,so ping @txradioguy and let him tell you "forever and 14 days" would be a good time to withdraw.

The best way,and ONLY way to end the wars against Islam is to get serious about it,cut off their funding,and track down and kill their leadership and any banker that doesn't shut down their accounts and transfer their money to us,where ever you find them. We can use that money to help rebuild the infrastructural once the fundie Muslims either leave or are killed off.

Offline libertybele

Honestly cant understand Trump's decision. Taking marching orders from Rand Paul?

Not understanding Paul's logic in all of this either; certainly the significance of the possibility of the re-emergence of ISIS should have been a huge consideration.  I've always liked Rand and have great respect for his father, but IMHO their mindset on foreign 'affairs' seems dated; what may have worked in the past doesn't seem to be applicable anymore.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

One of the prisons got bombed today too. Not sure of much else.