Author Topic: Trump: Hey, that call to Zelensky was Rick Perry’s idea  (Read 129 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: Hey, that call to Zelensky was Rick Perry’s idea
« on: October 07, 2019, 01:44:51 pm »
Trump: Hey, that call to Zelensky was Rick Perry’s idea

Karen TownsendPosted at 11:01 am on October 6, 2019

Is President Trump throwing Secretary of Energy Rick Perry under the bus for the phone call to President Zelensky? That is not a question I thought I would be asking.

Just three days ago I wrote that House Oversight Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings included Perry’s records of his contacts with Zelensky in a subpoena. Axios is reporting that Trump was on a conference call with House members Friday and offered up a new twist – he didn’t even want to make the call to Zelensky but Perry asked him to do so.

more
https://hotair.com/archives/karen-townsend/2019/10/06/trump-hey-call-zelensky-rick-perrys-idea/

under the bus888
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Trump: Hey, that call to Zelensky was Rick Perry’s idea
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 04:20:55 pm »
Perry also says he made no mention of the Bidens, one has to check out exactly what Perry claims to have said.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump: Hey, that call to Zelensky was Rick Perry’s idea
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 06:11:43 pm »
Oh, good grief, again, the President never said Perry asked him to bring up Biden --- just that the impetus to make the call itself was from Perry.  Perry wanted POTUS to discuss a liquid gas plant.  Perry confirms this.

Here's the sum total of what folks are getting so bent out of shape over: 

"Not a lot of people know this, but I didn't even want to make the call. The only reason I made the call was because Rick asked me to. Something about an LNG [liquified natural gas] plant," Trump said, according to the recollection of one source who spoke to Axios and was affirmed by two others.

Shaylyn Hynes, a spokeswoman to Perry, confirmed that Perry urged Trump to speak with Zelensky.

“Secretary Perry absolutely supported and encouraged the president to speak to the new president of Ukraine to discuss matters related to their energy security and economic development," Hynes said. "He continues to believe that there is significant need for improved regional energy security — which is exactly why he is heading to Lithuania tonight to meet with nearly 2 dozen European energy leaders (including Ukraine) on these issues."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-dumps-ukraine-call-on-rick-perry