Author Topic: Pro Tip for Avoiding Duplicate Threads and Making Moderators Happier  (Read 207 times)

Online PeteS in CA

• TBR Contributor
Before posting a new thread with a news article, use the Advanced Search function in the forum software. Pick a unique name or location or word in the article as the search word/phrase and then set a "Message age" based on how long ago you think the event occurred. In a matter of a minute or less you will learn whether there is an existing thread about the topic.

Before anyone asks the reasonable question, I have been doing this on various discussion sites for years. And when I did post a duplicate thread, invariably it was because I didn't do a search first.
Journalism is about covering important stories. With a pillow, until they stop moving. - David Burge, Iowahawkblog

Think of the Press as Democratic Operatives with Bylines and it All Makes Sense - Glenn Reynolds, Instapundit blog

Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn't know because they might reflect badly on Democrats. - Jim Treacher

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf