Author Topic: Perry: No plans to resign, urged Ukraine call on energy issues  (Read 157 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Perry: No plans to resign, urged Ukraine call on energy issues
« on: October 08, 2019, 12:51:25 am »
Perry: No plans to resign, urged Ukraine call on energy issues
Several news organizations reported last week that Perry planned to resign by the end of November
Posted Oct 7, 2019 4:59 PM
Benjamin J. Hulac

Energy Secretary Rick Perry said Monday he “absolutely” encouraged President Donald Trump to call Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy in July to discuss energy issues, but not to pressure authorities there to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, and said he was not resigning.

Speaking in Vilnius, Lithuania, at an energy conference that included officials from Ukraine, Perry said he told Trump to call Zelenskiy.

“I asked the president multiple times, ‘Mr. President, we think it is in the United States' and in Ukraine’s best interest that you and the president of Ukraine have conversations, that you discuss the options that are there,’” Perry said, adding that he is not stepping down. “I’m here, I’m serving,” he said.

Several news organizations reported last week that Perry planned to resign by the end of November.

more
https://www.rollcall.com/news/whitehouse/perry-no-plans-resign-urged-ukraine-call-energy-issues?fbclid=IwAR1q6zzTJqv6ImSq4gN7DMB28mjkzfWv_sa3OAUfDkNAD6-md5lBP0Dgj8c
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Re: Perry: No plans to resign, urged Ukraine call on energy issues
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 01:03:02 am »
“and said he was not resigning” -  which probably means he’s resigning by the week’s end.

I’m betting on the late Friday afternoon news dump.

The question will be whether he’s allowed to resign or if Trump will not accept his resignation so he can then say he fired him ala John Bolton.

:pop41:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause