Author Topic: Fox News’ Tucker Carlson turns on Trump for asking Ukraine to investigate his rival Joe Biden: ‘Ther  (Read 2705 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Politics
Fox News’ Tucker Carlson turns on Trump for asking Ukraine to investigate his rival Joe Biden: ‘There’s no way to spin this’

The IndependentOctober 5, 2019, 5:14 AM PDT

Tucker Carlson has criticised Donald Trump for encouraging Ukraine to investigate his 2020 rival Joe Biden in a rare break from his staunch support for the president.

Mr Carlson, who is one of Fox News’ leading presenters, fell short of backing impeachment in an op-ed on Friday but admitted that Mr Trump should not have raised the prospect of an investigation into Mr Biden and his son Hunter.

“Donald Trump should not have been on the phone with a foreign head of state encouraging another country to investigate his political opponent, Joe Biden,” he said.

“Some Republicans are trying, but there’s no way to spin this as a good idea.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-tucker-carlson-turns-081704846.html

I think this is a very bad sign.  Tucker has always been a staunch supporter of Trump. 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 07:00:04 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

This is hilarious.

We've just come off a three year 50 million dollar investigation featuring text message admissions, bogus FISA warrants, spying on US citizens, trumped up charges & very selective prosecutions, etc, based upon NO evidence at all and which came to absolutely nothing; and now here we are, wringing our hands because Trump phoned a foreign leader and asked him to investigate the genesis of that same fake scandal as well as a corruption charge in as much as admitted to on videotape by the former VP.

The left must just knock themselves out laughing at us.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think the timing could have been better.  Should have gone after Biden from the get-go, but now it has the optics of attacking a political rival. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

I think the timing could have been better.  Should have gone after Biden from the get-go, but now it has the optics of attacking a political rival.

There is such a thing as rising above a situation.  I would have respect for the president but if this is about vengeance there is a very real and good Bible scripture.

Romans 12:16-20 16Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. 17Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the LORD. 20On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."

So my opinion of the situation is that Trump believes he has been wronged and he is taking this political season to take vengeance.  I think a person of good character would do as the text above suggests and rise above it.  Not doing wrong but proving his character.

Donald Trump's favorite Bible verse is one Jesus specifically repudiated

n the interview on news radio WHAM-1180 in Rochester, New York, host Bob Lonsberry asked Mr. Trump whether there was “a favorite Bible verse or Bible story that has informed your thinking or your character through life, sir?”

Mr. Trump responded with a Mosaic law rule an “eye for an eye,” mentioned in several books, most prominently Exodus 21, Buzzfeed reported.
“Well, I think many. I mean, when we get into the Bible, I think many, so many. And some people, look, an eye for an eye, you can almost say that. That’s not a particularly nice thing. But you know, if you look at what’s happening to our country, I mean, when you see what’s going on with our country, how people are taking advantage of us … we have to be firm and have to be very strong. And we can learn a lot from the Bible, that I can tell you.”

Unfortunately, an “eye for an eye” is one of the few Mosaic Law verses that Jesus singled out in the Sermon on the Mount as overcome, by the New Covenant that His death and resurrection would seal.

“You have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth. But I say to you not to resist evil: but if one strike thee on thy right cheek, turn to him also the other,” Jesus says in the famous sermon Matthew 5.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/14/donald-trump-favorite-bible-verse-one-jesus-specif/
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 07:53:48 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

Offline Chosen Daughter

***suicide***

Trump was cleared of the Russia collusion.  He should drop it.  But he won't because that isn't the kind of person he is.  The Democrats could destroy themselves but I think Trump is giving them fuel to their fire.  Unfortunate.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

F the optics!  Let's have the FACTS!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Trump was cleared of the Russia collusion.  He should drop it.  But he won't because that isn't the kind of person he is.  The Democrats could destroy themselves but I think Trump is giving them fuel to their fire.  Unfortunate.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Laws were broken. Lots of them. If someone does not pursue justice - if one side feels unconstrained and free to do whatever the hell they like to acquire power and use their official capacities to grow rich, without mainstream media oversight - then we as a nation are cooked.

Offline Absalom

Wise mothers 'know' their children and Anne McLeod,
a Scottish Gael, well understood the Donald.
As he ages, his instability, rages and tantrums multiply.
His fan club will conjure up any and all excuses; no
matter as this will not end well. Carlson said 2 + 2 = 4!!!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Laws were broken. Lots of them. If someone does not pursue justice - if one side feels unconstrained and free to do whatever the hell they like to acquire power and use their official capacities to grow rich, without mainstream media oversight - then we as a nation are cooked.

:amen::patriot:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

Timing and motivation.  It shouldn't be the President, especially during a presidential campaign.  It should be intelligence investigating what happened with the Russia investigation.  The Presidents job is to represent The United States of America.  Investigation to unlawful things done should not be done by the President, Congress or the media.  It belongs to FBI and the Justice Departments to identify laws broken.

Because right now this is being used to gain support for a campaign.  I don't care who else said it.  I don't read liberal news talking points.  That is my own opinion.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 08:03:41 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Timing and motivation.  It shouldn't be the President, especially during a presidential campaign.  It should be intelligence investigating what happened with the Russia investigation.  The Presidents job is to represent The United States of America.  Investigation to unlawful things done should not be done by the President, Congress or the media.  It belongs to FBI and the Justice Departments to identify laws broken.

Yeah!  Right!  Apparently you are living in a cave somewhere and haven't a clue what this is all about.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

Yeah!  Right!  Apparently you are living in a cave somewhere and haven't a clue what this is all about.

Only in this cave.  If the intelligence and Justice department is broken that is what Trumps job is.  To appoint people that will fulfill their duty according to United States law based on the United States Constitution.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
F the optics!  Let's have the FACTS!

Indeed we do!  I want them ALL trotted out, starting with the Fab Four:  Comey, Brennan, Clapper and McCabe.  Heads on pikes, then we start digging out the Strozks and Pages.  Rinse and repeat until that particular swamp gets drained.  Once the DoJ mess gets cleaned up, the rest will be easier. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Indeed we do!  I want them ALL trotted out, starting with the Fab Four:  Comey, Brennan, Clapper and McCabe.  Heads on pikes, then we start digging out the Strozks and Pages.  Rinse and repeat until that particular swamp gets drained.  Once the DoJ mess gets cleaned up, the rest will be easier.

But its Hunter Biden.

Offline libertybele

There is such a thing as rising above a situation.  I would have respect for the president but if this is about vengeance there is a very real and good Bible scripture.

Romans 12:16-20 16Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. 17Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the LORD. 20On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."

So my opinion of the situation is that Trump believes he has been wronged and he is taking this political season to take vengeance.  I think a person of good character would do as the text above suggests and rise above it.  Not doing wrong but proving his character.

Donald Trump's favorite Bible verse is one Jesus specifically repudiated

n the interview on news radio WHAM-1180 in Rochester, New York, host Bob Lonsberry asked Mr. Trump whether there was “a favorite Bible verse or Bible story that has informed your thinking or your character through life, sir?”

Mr. Trump responded with a Mosaic law rule an “eye for an eye,” mentioned in several books, most prominently Exodus 21, Buzzfeed reported.
“Well, I think many. I mean, when we get into the Bible, I think many, so many. And some people, look, an eye for an eye, you can almost say that. That’s not a particularly nice thing. But you know, if you look at what’s happening to our country, I mean, when you see what’s going on with our country, how people are taking advantage of us … we have to be firm and have to be very strong. And we can learn a lot from the Bible, that I can tell you.”

Unfortunately, an “eye for an eye” is one of the few Mosaic Law verses that Jesus singled out in the Sermon on the Mount as overcome, by the New Covenant that His death and resurrection would seal.

“You have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth. But I say to you not to resist evil: but if one strike thee on thy right cheek, turn to him also the other,” Jesus says in the famous sermon Matthew 5.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/14/donald-trump-favorite-bible-verse-one-jesus-specif/

Thank you @Chosen Daughter   --- this Bible verse is exactly what I needed today :)
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
But its Hunter Biden.

A side-show AFAIC.  Any Biden is small potatoes when Brennan is being allowed to walk free, and sic "his" CIA agent dog-whistleblowers on the President at will.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Thank you @Chosen Daughter   --- this Bible verse is exactly what I needed today :)

Me too!   :amen:

Offline roamer_1

Vengeance is a dish best served cold.

Offline PeteS in CA

Being a candidate for the Presidency does not immunize Biden from being investigated for corruption. And it was his own boast that all but proved he acted corruptly.

As for dropping it after being cleared of the Trump-Russia Collusion Delusion, why? The civil rights of members of his 2016 campaign were violated by means of a fraudulently obtained FISA warrant. Every damned person in whatever government agency that knowingly helped perpetrate that fraud needs to be kicked out of government, and preferably into prison. That's called justice. Otherwise they will do it again, more frequently and more blatantly.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

Being a candidate for the Presidency does not immunize Biden from being investigated for corruption. And it was his own boast that all but proved he acted corruptly.

As for dropping it after being cleared of the Trump-Russia Collusion Delusion, why? The civil rights of members of his 2016 campaign were violated by means of a fraudulently obtained FISA warrant. Every damned person in whatever government agency that knowingly helped perpetrate that fraud needs to be kicked out of government, and preferably into prison. That's called justice. Otherwise they will do it again, more frequently and more blatantly.

Given what we can see at this point I can't fathom why anyone would think the best course is to walk away from all of the obvious rat lawbreaking, let alone try to claim the moral high ground for suggesting such.

If they're right then why punish anyone for breaking any law? Just heap hot coals on their heads by refusing to prosecute them. Its so ludicrous I'm almost inclined to believe those suggesting this aren't being entirely honest about their motives.

Especially when just a few short months ago these same posters were likely tsk tsk-ing Trump over 'Russia Collusion'.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Vengeance is a dish best served cold.

But not too cold.  I hate it when I'm serving vengeance, and then I get that freezing sensation right up my sinuses that turns into brain freeze.  Not only does it sting like a beach, but it's hard to keep the proper vengeance scowl going when my face twists up.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline bilo

All this hand wringing over a POTUS doing his job is silly. The reason the Rats are running around with their hair on fire is we are on the verge of seeing how massive their money laundering schemes are that have been enriching their family and friends.

We not only know that Hunter Biden was paid off and Kerry's step son but also Pelosi's son is involved in the energy business in Ukraine. It won't surprise me in the least to learn that a portion of the foreign aid we snt to Ukraine was funneled to these companies and used to pay off the sons of our political "aristocrats".
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Chosen Daughter

Given what we can see at this point I can't fathom why anyone would think the best course is to walk away from all of the obvious rat lawbreaking, let alone try to claim the moral high ground for suggesting such.

If they're right then why punish anyone for breaking any law? Just heap hot coals on their heads by refusing to prosecute them. Its so ludicrous I'm almost inclined to believe those suggesting this aren't being entirely honest about their motives.

Especially when just a few short months ago these same posters were likely tsk tsk-ing Trump over 'Russia Collusion'.

What we have a Justice Department for.  They should investigate and prosecute all people who broke the law.  Even at the direction of the President.  but he should stay out of it. 

Offline skeeter

What we have a Justice Department for.  They should investigate and prosecute all people who broke the law.  Even at the direction of the President.  but he should stay out of it.
What happened to Romans 12?