Author Topic: Fox News’ Tucker Carlson turns on Trump for asking Ukraine to investigate his rival Joe Biden: ‘Ther  (Read 2716 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
How many times has a Vice President of the United States literally blackmailed (with a billion dollars) another nation into firing its own top prosecutor?

Considering jpsb's question and my own, how in the hell could ANY President NOT ask the nation in question to investigate such clear corruption that reaches and apparently stems from...quite literally...the American White House?

It didn't involve foreign entities, but there was that little incident where VP Agnew used political pressure to stop an investigation, which eventually led to his resignation. Subsequent events did not work out so well for the president, at that time, either.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 04:27:24 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

It didn't involve foreign entities, but there was that little incident where VP Agnew used political pressure to stop an investigation, which eventually led to his resignation. Subsequent events did not work out so well for the president, at that time, either.

Inaccurate: Spiro Agnew resigned after pleading "No Contest" to tax evasion charges while he was Governor of Maryland.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

Inaccurate: Spiro Agnew resigned after pleading "No Contest" to tax evasion charges while he was Governor of Maryland.

Which was a plea bargain, stemming from the original investigation into racketeering.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Which was a plea bargain, stemming from the original investigation into racketeering.

However you wish to frame history.  21st Century eyes glaze over at the name "Agnew," so you're free to assign whatever meaning you wish, just don't expect old farts who were political spectators in 1974 to buy into it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

However you wish to frame history.

It's just history, not my view of it. The Nixon appointed US Attorney, George Beall, started investigating political corruption, in Maryland. Agnew was involved, pressured Beall to stop, and opened that can of worms.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

It's just history, not my view of it. The Nixon appointed US Attorney, George Beall, started investigating political corruption, in Maryland. Agnew was involved, pressured Beall to stop, and opened that can of worms.

OK, you made the point:  A hallmark of Republican leadership is corruption.  Thank God we have Democrats to keep the political system honest!
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

OK, you made the point:  A hallmark of Republican leadership is corruption.  Thank God we have Democrats to keep the political system honest!

Yeah - that's exactly what I meant.   *****rollingeyes*****

Few people doubt the Clintons were neck deep in the corruption around Madison, Whitewater, illegal campaign contributions, their foundation, and who knows what else. Whether that is out of loyalty or fear, they just happen to have stronger associations and allies.

Some believe Starr went too far in his investigation, then ginned up the Lewinsky affair. Nevertheless, nothing was investigated that the Clinton appointed AG didn't allow. Clinton committed and suborned perjury, along with obstructing justice. He should have been removed.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 06:30:46 pm by edpc »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Yeah - that's exactly what I meant.   *****rollingeyes*****

Few people doubt the Clintons were neck deep in the corruption around Madison, Whitewater, illegal campaign contributions, their foundation, and who knows what else. Whether that is out of loyalty or fear, they just happen to have stronger associations and allies.

Some believe Starr went too far in his investigation, then ginned up the Lewinsky affair. Nevertheless, nothing was investigated that the Clinton appointed AG didn't allow. Clinton committed and suborned perjury, along with obstructing justice. He should have been removed.

I think using the proven corruption in the Rat party makes for a poor template for judging Republicans.  Every time somebody makes a reference to Rat corruption, you are very quick to find Pubbie corruption to match and excuse the Rats.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

I think using the proven corruption in the Rat party makes for a poor template for judging Republicans.  Every time somebody makes a reference to Rat corruption, you are very quick to find Pubbie corruption to match and excuse the Rats.

A question was posed as to when a VP had done something similar. That was the most recent example. The fact that Agnew was a Republican is incidental. If I were some kind of mole or had ulterior motives, I could’ve dug up the nonsensical crap the left tried to pin on Cheney and Halliburton, during the Iraq War.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

A question was posed as to when a VP had done something similar. That was the most recent example. The fact that Agnew was a Republican is incidental. If I were some kind of mole or had ulterior motives, I could’ve dug up the nonsensical crap the left tried to pin on Cheney and Halliburton, during the Iraq War.

Fair enough!   :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Mesaclone

But your example WASN'T similar, and that's the point.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline edpc

But your example WASN'T similar, and that's the point.

It was actually worse, since it was interference with the US justice system. Nobody in the US really GAF about what some vodka soaked foreign court decides, one way or the other. It's similar to the 2018 judgement against Iran to pay 9/11 victims. Completely symbolic and unenforceable. Biden would never face consequences other than not being able to visit Ukraine anymore. BFD.