Author Topic: Trump Cuts Loose on Mitt Romney: He is a 'Pompous Ass' Who 'Choked' and 'So Bad for R’s!'  (Read 3508 times)

Offline mountaineer

I wouldn't give Romney or Trump points for having class, but Mittens is just being a jerk here.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bilo

I don't consider myself a Trump supporter, but I do believe our President needs to be given credit for certainly being more conservative then Bammy and "W".  His patriotism has been refreshing.  It is a shame that the RINO's and the left have created witch hunts and thrown out numerous roadblocks to tie his hands so he doesn't succeed.  In spite of that he's made progress on asylum, the wall and has brought unemployment to 50 year lows.  So ... in that aspect I think I'd certainly vote for him over one of the bat crap crazies running on the left.

I'm with you.

He deserves some credit and some support.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

It's hard turning a leviathan like the US government on a dime. It's harder for any president to do it virtually by himself against what Trump has been up against. In three years.

Anyone who thinks Trump has failed because he hasn't reversed certain trends, like illegal immigration, welfare, etc by now is being patently unfair, to put it gently. But he is winning some key battles in court, appointing decent judges and laying the legislative groundwork for further progress.

And it would be nice if the GOP stepped up at some point.

:amen:

FWIW, he's also starting to bring to light how corrupt the entrenched establishment really is. This may also be why we aren't seeing more push back from the Pubs.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline skeeter

Good points all @skeeter

But waiting on the GOP to step up is an exercise in futility.

I realize they've got just as big a stake in the status quo as do the rats. Frankly, I'm afraid it'll all just revert to form once he's gone. Maybe sooner.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
@Applewood
@LottieDah

Thank you. I like some of Trump's policies but this twitter war BS has go to stop. It is old and tiresome.  I remember when I was young that Decency was a Conservative value.

Amen and he isn't one to call anyone a pompous ass.  He is the definition.  I can't stand his childish tirades.  How could any foreign government take him seriously?  What is really funny is that he recently gave Romney his full support.

Donald J. Trump
‏
Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
Follow
Follow @realDonaldTrump

More
.@MittRomney has announced he is running for the Senate from the wonderful State of Utah. He will make a great Senator and worthy successor to @OrrinHatch, and has my full support and endorsement!
6:21 PM - 19 Feb 2018

His judgment of "the best" has been very evidently not the best.  He fires most people he hires.  And most of them I wouldn't let step in my front door.  Not the liberal ones for sure.  Cohen, Amarosa, Bannon...………  And I sure wouldn't have liberal Kushner at the head of every decision.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 12:32:13 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
This beating down by Trump of everyone that he doesn't like got old within a month of his presidency. 

No, for me it got old before he was elected president!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
It's hard turning a leviathan like the US government on a dime. It's harder for any president to do it virtually by himself against what Trump has been up against. In three years.

Anyone who thinks Trump has failed because he hasn't reversed certain trends, like illegal immigration, welfare, etc by now is being patently unfair, to put it gently. But he is winning some key battles in court, appointing decent judges and laying the legislative groundwork for further progress.

And it would be nice if the GOP stepped up at some point.

Excellent post @skeeter
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Trump should be doing his job. I might have overlooked his reality tv fights if he had been a serious president, but why would I vote for him next year if he didn't do squat during his first term?

@Applewood

Name ONE of your usual suspects that would have accomplished 10 percent of what  Trump has accomplished with the judiciary.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@Applewood
@LottieDah

Thank you. I like some of Trump's policies but this twitter war BS has go to stop. It is old and tiresome.  I remember when I was young that Decency was a Conservative value.

@kevindavis   Yeah,being mannerly sure welped your hero Boy Jorge accomplish many wonderful things,didn't it?

Offline Applewood

@Applewood

Name ONE of your usual suspects that would have accomplished 10 percent of what  Trump has accomplished with the judiciary.

@sneakypete

What are you referring to -- the court challenges to Trump's EOs or the nomination of judges? 

If you're talking about the judicial nominees, I don't know yet whether these judges are good or bad.  Still too soon to tell.  I understand SCOTUS has several major issues this term
  Let's see how they rule on these matters before deciding whether the new guys are good or bad and whether Trump is a hero or a goat fir nominating them.

And if naming decent judges is all he's done in almost four years, well, that's not much of a track record.  Had he not wasted so much time on so many trivial matters, Trump might have accomplished a lot more.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/trump-calls-for-romney-s-impeachment-as-second-republican-senator-slams-trump-1.7947415

The Republican president, who launched a stream of invective at Democrats and the media this week as an impeachment probe in Congress widened, tweeted that U.S. Senator Mitt Romney was a "pompous 'ass' who has been fighting me from the beginning."

Romney, who lost the 2012 election to Democratic incumbent President Barack Obama, criticized Trump on Friday for asking China to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, who is seeking the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination.

more at link

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Mitt Romney never knew how to win. He is a pompous “ass” who has been fighting me from the beginning, except when he begged me for my endorsement for his Senate run (I gave it to him), and when he begged me to be Secretary of State (I didn’t give it to him). He is so bad for R’s!
9:17 AM - Oct 5, 2019

I’m hearing that the Great People of Utah are considering their vote for their Pompous Senator, Mitt Romney, to be a big mistake. I agree! He is a fool who is playing right into the hands of the Do Nothing Democrats! #IMPEACHMITTROMNEY
2:06 PM - Oct 5, 2019

You got your marching orders, patriots.  IMPEACH MITT ROMNEY !!!

....This makes Nervous Nancy every bit as guilty as Liddle’ Adam Schiff for High Crimes and Misdemeanors, and even Treason. I guess that means that they, along with all of those that evilly “Colluded” with them, must all be immediately Impeached!

9:27 PM · Oct 6, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

That Big Brain is firing on all cyliders.  IMPEACH PELOSI AND SCHIFF TOO!!!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

What are you referring to -- the court challenges to Trump's EOs or the nomination of judges? 

If you're talking about the judicial nominees, I don't know yet whether these judges are good or bad.  Still too soon to tell.  I understand SCOTUS has several major issues this term
  Let's see how they rule on these matters before deciding whether the new guys are good or bad and whether Trump is a hero or a goat fir nominating them.

And if naming decent judges is all he's done in almost four years, well, that's not much of a track record.  Had he not wasted so much time on so many trivial matters, Trump might have accomplished a lot more.

@Applewood

I notice you haven't named any of your beloved RINO's that would have done more.

Offline Applewood

@Applewood

I notice you haven't named any of your beloved RINO's that would have done more.

First of all, RINOs is a misnomer.  The Republican Party has been moving left for some time.  these guys aren't Republican in name only.  They are the real Republican Party these days. 

Secondly, whether you like past Republican presidents or not, they did do more.  Maybe not what you or I would have wanted, but they did work.  They took their jobs seriously.  They didn't waste their time on frivolous squabbles, go golfing every other day or run around the country endlessly campaigning.  Starting with Obama, the presidency has become a do-nothing job.    Now Obama at least, being the community organizer he is, had others do his job for him.  The Democrats wanted Obamacare; they worked to get it.  But I don't see Trump having that.  And as for Obamacare, Obama sold that POS to the nation.  That was his role in it.  What is Trump's role in getting things done?  What is his job?  Apparently, nothing since he fritters away the hours on stupid *bleep* like this squabble. 

So please tell me -- how do Trump's endless Twitter wars benefit the nation?  What do they accomplish?  Have they fixed our illegal immigration crisis?  Have they rid us of Obamacare?  Have they given us meaningful tax reform?  Have they curbed this country's runaway spending?  Have they resulted in treaties with our friends or any meaningful agreements with our enemies? 

If you or I spent so much time tweeting BS all day, our employers would have fired us.  Since we voters are supposed to be the employers of the politicians we elect, we should be showing Trump and the rest of the Republican bums the door.    Why any voter would want to keep these lazy lumps around is beyond my comprehension. 

Offline LottieDah

Offline Applewood

Good to see you back @Once-Ler    :seeya:

Offline Applewood

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
First of all, RINOs is a misnomer.  The Republican Party has been moving left for some time.  these guys aren't Republican in name only.  They are the real Republican Party these days. 

Secondly, whether you like past Republican presidents or not, they did do more.  Maybe not what you or I would have wanted, but they did work.  They took their jobs seriously.  They didn't waste their time on frivolous squabbles, go golfing every other day or run around the country endlessly campaigning.  Starting with Obama, the presidency has become a do-nothing job.    Now Obama at least, being the community organizer he is, had others do his job for him.  The Democrats wanted Obamacare; they worked to get it.  But I don't see Trump having that.  And as for Obamacare, Obama sold that POS to the nation.  That was his role in it.  What is Trump's role in getting things done?  What is his job?  Apparently, nothing since he fritters away the hours on stupid *bleep* like this squabble. 

So please tell me -- how do Trump's endless Twitter wars benefit the nation?  What do they accomplish?  Have they fixed our illegal immigration crisis?  Have they rid us of Obamacare?  Have they given us meaningful tax reform?  Have they curbed this country's runaway spending?  Have they resulted in treaties with our friends or any meaningful agreements with our enemies? 

If you or I spent so much time tweeting BS all day, our employers would have fired us.  Since we voters are supposed to be the employers of the politicians we elect, we should be showing Trump and the rest of the Republican bums the door.    Why any voter would want to keep these lazy lumps around is beyond my comprehension.

@Applewood

If you don't understand it now,I don't know how to dumb it down far enough to help you.

Good to see you back @Once-Ler    :seeya:
@Applewood
Thank you, my friend.  Good to be back.

Offline Applewood

@Applewood

If you don't understand it now,I don't know how to dumb it down far enough to help you.

So in other words, you can't  tell me what the benefits are to the US of Trump's endless, time-wasting Twitter squabbles because there aren't any.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

So in other words, you can't  tell me what the benefits are to the US of Trump's endless, time-wasting Twitter squabbles because there aren't any.

@Applewood

No,I am telling you it is a waste of time to try to explain something to someone who doesn't want to hear it. Or even think about it.

@Applewood

No,I am telling you it is a waste of time to try to explain something to someone who doesn't want to hear it. Or even think about it.

That is absolutely true and great advice.

Offline Applewood

@Applewood

@sneakypete

Deflecting.  There is no good reason for wasting time on Twitter, so instead of admitting it, you ridicule me by saying I'm too stupid to "understand it."  I think that's an Alinsky tactic.  If so -- well, nice to know I'm debating issues with an Alinsky disciple. 

Online corbe

I'd suggest that the great unwashed majority of us Briefers change our minds glacially slow, but anything is possible, here.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Deflecting.  There is no good reason for wasting time on Twitter, so instead of admitting it, you ridicule me by saying I'm too stupid to "understand it."  I think that's an Alinsky tactic.  If so -- well, nice to know I'm debating issues with an Alinsky disciple.

@Applewood

LOL! You have no more interest in debating than I do. All these arguments were made and the dust settled long ago. You staked out your position as a NT'er and there is nothing anyone can say to make you change your mind,so live with it.