Author Topic: Romney: Trump requesting Biden investigation from China, Ukraine 'wrong and appalling'  (Read 557 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Romney: Trump requesting Biden investigation from China, Ukraine 'wrong and appalling'
By Jordain Carney - 10/04/19 12:25 PM EDT

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) on Friday broke sharply with President Trump's call for China and Ukraine to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, calling it "wrong and appalling."

"When the only American citizen President Trump singles out for China’s investigation is his political opponent in the midst of the Democratic nomination process, it strains credulity to suggest that it is anything other than politically motivated," Romney said in a statement, which he also tweeted out. 

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/464396-romney-trump-requesting-biden-investigation-from-china-ukraine-wrong-and
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The Hill vacillates between some good reporting, a la John Solomon, and the much more common hit pieces like this.

Offline PeteS in CA

Sore Loser 2.0, McCain's successor. Being a candidate for the Presidency does not immunize Joe Biden from corruption investigations, especially after what amounts to a boastful confession. Even less so should Hunter be immune from corruption investigations. In short, what Trump is doing is quite appropriate and Romney needs to get over his jealousy- and envy-driven Trump-Hate.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 02:48:22 am by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Anyone else notice how Romney never says "alleged" for the entire screed?
Notice how he says this with the confidence of confirmed absolute proven fact?
This goes beyond a standard 'hit piece'. Statements like these coming from Romney of all people, is political malfeasance. Romney is attempting a media assassination of President Trump without one shred of credible evidence to back up his obvious slander.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline aligncare

What’s appalling Mit is your pettiness over being rejected for a cabinet post. You would sell out your country for a job!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Anyone else notice how Romney never says "alleged" for the entire screed?
Notice how he says this with the confidence of confirmed absolute proven fact?
This goes beyond a standard 'hit piece'. Statements like these coming from Romney of all people, is political malfeasance. Romney is attempting a media assassination of President Trump without one shred of credible evidence to back up his obvious slander.
@240B
Perhaps Romney saw Trump publicly ask China and Afghanistan to investigate Biden, as I did, through the power of television and he figured rational adults wouldn't need the word "alleged," before condemning it.  Did you not see it on OAN?

Fox covered it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8oDTab16j8
Trump calls on Ukraine and China to investigate the Bidens

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Mirror, mirror, on the wall. Who is #Nevertrumpers' favorite, of them all?

Mitt Romney
John McCain
McMuffin (CIA)
Amash
Sanford
Flake
Kristol
Gerge Will
Bush,GHW
Bush, GW
Bush Jeb
Bush, Mike
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Mirror, mirror, on the wall. Who is #Nevertrumpers' favorite, of them all?

Mitt Romney
John McCain
McMuffin (CIA)
Amash
Sanford
Flake
Kristol
Gerge Will
Bush,GHW
Bush, GW
Bush Jeb
Bush, Mike
@truth_seeker
Rick Wilson, but I'd vote for anyone of the people you listed and everyone you didn't list, before voting for Trump.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@truth_seeker
Rick Wilson, but I'd vote for anyone of the people you listed and everyone you didn't list, before voting for Trump.

Thanx for acknowledging my solicitation for virtue admiration.  You know me so well. wink777
I've missed you most. 
I've had a pleasant two months since we last spoke.  I hope you did too.   :seeya:

Thanx for acknowledging my solicitation for virtue admiration.  You know me so well.
I've missed you most. 
I've had a pleasant two months since we last spoke.  I hope you did too. 

The two months without you were indeed pleasant.  To continue the good feeling, you're back on ignore.   :seeya:

Offline jpsb

Perhaps Mutt can explain why an energy company in the Ukraine would pay Hunter Beden neatly $90,000 a MONTH to be on it's board.
Recalling that Hunter Beden has zero experience in energy and zero knowledge of the Ukraine. Oh and this was shortly after the U.S.
Navy booted him out for using cocaine.  So Mutt, why did they hire Hunter?

Offline corbe

You'll have to bring your own chair into the @Right_in_Virginia Ignore room @Once-Ler we're plumb out of seats in here.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

You'll have to bring your own chair into the @Right_in_Virginia Ignore room @Once-Ler we're plumb out of seats in here.

This is good to know.  I'll stop wasting my time and you become a hero @corbe   This is a win-win. 

@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty
@Sanguine

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This is good to know.  I'll stop wasting my time and you become a hero @corbe   This is a win-win. 

@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty
@Sanguine

???

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
@240B
Perhaps Romney saw Trump publicly ask China and Afghanistan to investigate Biden, as I did, through the power of television and he figured rational adults wouldn't need the word "alleged," before condemning it.  Did you not see it on OAN?

Fox covered it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8oDTab16j8
Trump calls on Ukraine and China to investigate the Bidens
@Once-Ler
Thank you for this. My mistake. I thought the article was referring to the so called 'whistleblower' and the phone calls when this allegedly happened. And to answer your question 'No', I did not see this before you showed it to me.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

@Once-Ler
Thank you for this. My mistake. I thought the article was referring to the so called 'whistleblower' and the phone calls when this allegedly happened. And to answer your question 'No', I did not see this before you showed it to me.
@240B
Thanx for the reply.  The clip of Trump publicly telling China and Ukraine they should open up investigations into Biden and his son has been running non-stop for 2 days on MSNBC and CNN.  Few Republicans have gone on record with a comment so far.  Sen. Rubio offered the defense that it wasn't a solicitation because Trump just says Trumpy stuff, and he's only trolling the fake news.  Others have said the President has a right and a duty to mankind to expose corruption and there is no more corrupt individual on the planet than Shuffly-Joe.

Given how little President Trump has done over the last 3 years to hunt down and capture Hillary Clinton, as promised, I can't really understand that kind of thinking.

The clip bothers me.  Not because I care about Biden or because I think he is the best candidate to topple Trump, but I remember when I was a Republican I would have been outraged if Obama publicly requested an investigation of McCain or Romney from foreign countries.  Countries desperate for our defense weapons or entangled in a trade war with us. 

If you please, does it bother you? 
Additionally the fake news tells me "it is illegal for any person to solicit, accept, or receive anything of value from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election."  Is that your understanding, and if so are President Trump's actions acceptable against the backdrop of a chugging economy, low gas prices, and the totality of his accomplishments?

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
@Once-Ler
From what I heard, Trump is simply expressing confusion, not solicitation. He seems to be saying that the corruption is so blatant, these countries "should" open an investigation. Saying that Ukraine 'should' open an investigation according to my[Trump] opinion, is different than specifically requesting an investigation. Trump is just expressing his personal opinion. And Trump seems to imply that such an investigation would benefit the countries involved, not him. In the interests of justice itself, such an investigation should be made.

BTW, I am not "TrumpSplaining" as it is called, this really is how I took what Trump said.

@Once-Ler
From what I heard, Trump is simply expressing confusion, not solicitation. He seems to be saying that the corruption is so blatant, these countries "should" open an investigation. Saying that Ukraine 'should' open an investigation according to my[Trump] opinion, is different than specifically requesting an investigation. Trump is just expressing his personal opinion. And Trump seems to imply that such an investigation would benefit the countries involved, not him. In the interests of justice itself, such an investigation should be made.

BTW, I am not "TrumpSplaining" as it is called, this really is how I took what Trump said.
@240B
I don't doubt your sincerity, and again I appreciate your response.  I also appreciate you focusing on the word "should."  I think when I hear the most powerful man in the world say "should," to a country that wants our defensive weapons and another that we have a trade war with, and it feels like it could be more than a helpful altruistic suggestion on a crusade against corruption.  I am predisposed to finding fault with everything President Trump says, so picking up on the cues that might help explain this isn't political sabotage doesn't occur to me at all.

I have not seen President Trump show any interest in thwarting corruption in foreign countries except China until last week.  I could owe President Trump an apology for doubting his motives, but I would point out maybe his first target 'should' be Hitlery and then hit Biden after they're not running for the same seat. 

Offline skeeter

I already miss @OfTheCross

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
@240B
I don't doubt your sincerity, and again I appreciate your response.  I also appreciate you focusing on the word "should."  I think when I hear the most powerful man in the world say "should," to a country that wants our defensive weapons and another that we have a trade war with, and it feels like it could be more than a helpful altruistic suggestion on a crusade against corruption.  I am predisposed to finding fault with everything President Trump says, so picking up on the cues that might help explain this isn't political sabotage doesn't occur to me at all.

I have not seen President Trump show any interest in thwarting corruption in foreign countries except China until last week.  I could owe President Trump an apology for doubting his motives, but I would point out maybe his first target 'should' be Hitlery and then hit Biden after they're not running for the same seat.
@Once-Ler
Couldn't agree more. I did take note of what you said about Hillary. Why is Trump so concerned about Biden's very obvious corruption, and yet seems reticent to condemn Hillary's very obvious corruption which was ten times worse? You and me, and the world at large, cannot answer this puzzle. Hillary literally should in prison with charges which would make Al Capone blush with embarrassment. And yet she laughs and dances, and flaunts her freedom as if even she can't believe she got away with all of it.

Why Trump is afraid of Hillary, I don't know? Why all the AGs dig a hole and crawl underground every time anyone mentions Hillary, I don't know? Remember in TNG, nobody ever knew why Q was afraid of Guanan. We have sort of a similar situation here.

As far as thwarting corruption in foreign countries, as far as I can tell, Trump is saying that this is such obvious, overripe, low-hanging fruit. He is simply asking why they do not take it?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 11:46:18 pm by 240B »

Offline PeteS in CA

So, here's something I don't understand, :sarc: :

The Obama Administration spied on the Trump Campaign via a fraudulently obtained FISA warrant, and the MSM are so OK with that that they ran Trump-Russia Collusion stories for some 2 1/2 years. And the MSM oppose/fight investigating this .

But Trump asking foreign countries to assist in investigating probable fraud and quid pro quo by Biden and son is impeachable because Biden is running for President?

Needless to say, I do understand the MSM's partisan hypocrisy.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

So, here's something I don't understand, :sarc: :

The Obama Administration spied on the Trump Campaign via a fraudulently obtained FISA warrant, and the MSM are so OK with that that they ran Trump-Russia Collusion stories for some 2 1/2 years. And the MSM oppose/fight investigating this .

But Trump asking foreign countries to assist in investigating probable fraud and quid pro quo by Biden and son is impeachable because Biden is running for President?

Needless to say, I do understand the MSM's partisan hypocrisy.

We know what to expect from the rat MSM. What I do not understand is the pushback from a few of the more principled among us here.

Offline aligncare

I understand it. Pride. They’re not about to admit that they were wrong about Trump. Simple as that, human pride.

@Once-Ler
Remember in TNG, nobody ever knew why Q was afraid of Guanan. We have sort of a similar situation here.
If you're not ashamed to date yourself and fly your sci-fi nerd flag, I'm not ashamed to date myself and admit I understood that. happy77

Thanx again for explaining your point of view for me.