Author Topic: Trump’s removal would require Republican dissidents. But those who speak out become targets of viral  (Read 6601 times)

Offline WhatWouldReaganDo

@Hoodat
The feral goobermint is so far out of control that NOBODY can clear it all up in even two terms of office. It took the Dim party from the 1930's to now to get us to where we are,and you SERIOUSLY expect ONE President to clear up all this crap in one term?

You must still believe in Santa,and vote for him as a write-in candidate if you believe it's that simple.
But...Donnie was going to eliminate the national debt in 8 years. He promised...
https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/275003-trump-i-will-eliminate-us-debt-in-8-years
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
But...Donnie was going to eliminate the national debt in 8 years. He promised...
https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/275003-trump-i-will-eliminate-us-debt-in-8-years

@WhatWouldReaganDo we're not suppsoed to remember stuff like that. Much less hold him to it. Come on now... /sarc
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The choice in this case...is worse than what we've got now.  You like Sanford cause he's a moderate and would be more willing to side with your Liberal belief in gay "marriage"...abortion "rights" and gun "control".

What knee-jerk nonsense.   Sanford has a lifetime ACU rating of 92.  When he served in Congress,  Sanford was recognized by Cato Institute as its most fiscally conservative member. 

I do not support candidates based on social issues.   I care whether they support limited, Constitutional government.  If you know Sanford's views on abortion, or gays, or your precious guns,  please inform me.  For the issues I care about,  Sanford's a home run in my book.  And he ought to be in yours, too -  except you insist on genuflecting towards a man who was,  just a few short years ago,  as pro-choice and pro-gun control as any of his fellow New York liberals. 

Sanford not only talks the talk, he walks the walk - and has for over 30 years.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline DB

Well duh!

He can only do it if given 4 more years... His 8 years aren't up yet...

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
What knee-jerk nonsense.   Sanford has a lifetime ACU rating of 92.  When he served in Congress,  Sanford was recognized by Cato Institute as its most fiscally conservative member. 

I do not support candidates based on social issues.   I care whether they support limited, Constitutional government.  If you know Sanford's views on abortion, or gays, or your precious guns,  please inform me.  For the issues I care about,  Sanford's a home run in my book.  And he ought to be in yours, too -  except you insist on genuflecting towards a man who was,  just a few short years ago,  as pro-choice and pro-gun control as any of his fellow New York liberals. 

Sanford not only talks the talk, he walks the walk - and has for over 30 years.   

When you start off a reply to me like you jsut did.  I know I'm 100% spot on.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline bilo

Who do you think has been buying Treasury bonds for the last three years?  Have you ever considered the interest rate it would require to raise $2 trillion in capital year after year?  Double digits ar a minimum.

And yes, the President can cut spending without Congress.

The entire world is racing to buy our bonds, that's part of what has driven down the yield.

If the interest rate rises the govt will just print more money and sell more bonds. They are not going to pay off the debt, or balance the budget. If they do that they will be voted out of office by all the people receiving entitlements.

The long term answer is to monetize the debt. They will devalue our currency to the point where the balance of debt vs. assets is low.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline aligncare

Aww, what’s the matter? Donnie beat your primary candidate? Hard to get the sour grape taste out, huh?

It’s safe to say that during the campaign Trump had no idea of what would be coming: the entire intelligence community had brazenly conspired on Obama’s direction to embroil his administration in charges of foreign election collusion—which would tied him up for the next 3 years and undermine trust in his administration; nor was he aware of the depths of depravity the media would sink to, to collude with democrats and attack him relentlessly in the press; and finally, he wasn’t prepared for the treachery of John McCain and other congressional republicans in dragging their feet on health insurance reform and other important economic legislation which would have helped reduce the debt.

But, let’s all attack Donald Trump for not moving mountains. That’s easy enough.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 02:51:09 pm by aligncare »

Offline corbe

I guess it's just my impatience showing or perhaps more realistically, it is my disappointment in the sad fact that PDJT turned out just as I feared the most, that he would.  Hopefully we're stuck with him for 4 more years because the alternative will probably make me suicidal.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Tell that to our Kurdish allies in Northern Syria.

Futhermore, I want every Trump supporter here to come foward and respond that they support this action, and why....

@catfish1957

Oh,hell YEAH! I am worried about saving America,but I'm going to take time off from working on that to worry about the Kurds in Syria.

Good call!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You are so right!

Federal spending is not going to change. Entitlements are not going to be cut, or eliminated, it would be the end of what ever political party tried to do so. The deficit will continue until nobody buys US Treasuries, when that happens the entire world financial system will collapse.

@bilo

I disagree. Federal spending is going to HAVE to be cut. It just can't be stopped immediately because of all the chaos that would result. We need to elect people who will establish that it WILL be cut gradually,and that some programs will be eliminated entirely as time goes on.

There HAS to be adjustment periods.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@WhatWouldReaganDo

Maybe he would have if he didn't have idiots stabbing him in the back and refusing to support him.

Know anybody like that?

BTW,you do know this isn't a dictatorial police state,where Trump can just issue decrees and make major changes in the law at will,right?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 12:37:01 am by sneakypete »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@catfish1957

Oh,hell YEAH! I am worried about saving America,but I'm going to take time off from working on that to worry about the Kurds in Syria.

Good call!

Throwing allies under the bus, is your cup of tea.  Got it. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@WhatWouldReaganDo we're not suppsoed to remember stuff like that. Much less hold him to it. Come on now... /sarc

@txradioguy

And after people like YOU  have been sooo supportive and helpful,too! </S>

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Tell that to our Kurdish allies in Northern Syria.

Futhermore, I want every Trump supporter here to come foward and respond that they support this action, and why....

I'm your Huckleberry....

Said that it was disconcerting this afternoon, but having time to digest and reflect a bit  (Rush never mentioned it his entire program), find out that it was contingent upon the Turks behaving themselves.

He's absolutely right that we can't be expected to remain in countries "forever".

Today, they bombed positions in Northern Syria...presented as "Kurd Positions", and the last we heard was that airspace over Syria was forbidden to them.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
except you insist on genuflecting towards a man who was,  just a few short years ago,  as pro-choice and pro-gun control as any of his fellow New York liberals. 

@Jazzhead

Not only a lie,but a damn lie.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I'm your Huckleberry....

Said that it was disconcerting this afternoon, but having time to digest and reflect a bit  (Rush never mentioned it his entire program), find out that it was contingent upon the Turks behaving themselves.

He's absolutely right that we can't be expected to remain in countries "forever".

Today, they bombed positions in Northern Syria...presented as "Kurd Positions", and the last we heard was that airspace over Syria was forbidden to them.

And you are a common sense Trump supporter.  I respect that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

@catfish1957

Thank you.   Just naturally want to give every benefit of a doubt to him before I condemn it.

He threatened to "ruin their economy",...that he'd already proven he can do it. (which was a mystery to me   :laugh: )

PS:  NATS having a huge 5th inning against the Dodgers...going up 5-1 on a 3-run Zimmerman blast to dead CF.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

@catfish1957 I have found that quite a few of the Trumpers here are good people that think with their heads and I also respect that.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 12:48:55 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

@catfish1957 I have found that quite a few of the Trumpers here are good people that think with their heads and I also respect that, also.

:beer:

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
@catfish1957

PS:  NATS having a huge 5th inning against the Dodgers...going up 5-1 on a 3-run Zimmerman blast to dead CF.

Congratulations.  I think the Dodgers are feeling the pressure of being MLB's version of the Buffalo Bills.

Not so good news our way.  Charlie Morton was clutch today (which I fully expected).  Game 4 tomorrow with Verlander on short rest.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Hoodat

Yeah,causen your RINO of choice would be able to clear up little things like that in 24 hours or less,right?

The feral goobermint is so far out of control that NOBODY can clear it all up in even two terms of office. It took the Dim party from the 1930's to now to get us to where we are,and you SERIOUSLY expect ONE President to clear up all this crap in one term?

You must still believe in Santa,and vote for him as a write-in candidate if you believe it's that simple.
Dude. Santa is a giveaway program coming out of other people's pockets. There are plenty of those on the ticket already.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mesaclone

I'm your Huckleberry....

Well stated and almost precisely how I feel about this situation. The President's tendency to pull back troops from these areas is entirely correct...despite opposition from the Pentagon and Neo-con ranks. This pullback is not unconditional and should Turkey overstep...for example penetrating deeply into Syria or staying on a permanent basis in that country...then the pullback halts. We are not going to abandon the Kurds but a strategic and conditional withdrawal seems the prudent action in this situation.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline bilo

@bilo

I disagree. Federal spending is going to HAVE to be cut. It just can't be stopped immediately because of all the chaos that would result. We need to elect people who will establish that it WILL be cut gradually,and that some programs will be eliminated entirely as time goes on.

There HAS to be adjustment periods.

Don't misunderstand, I'm not in favor of deficit spending. I'm just trying to recognize reality. It will not be stopped. A large % of the budget is mandatory entitlement spending that has built in annual increases. The discretionary part of the budget could be completely eliminated and the budget would still be in deficit. The "easy" solution is to devalue the currency at a greater rate than the deficit is growing and in the end the debt becomes a smaller % of the GDP.

I don't like any of this, but I recognize that's what they are doing. In the early 1900's someone could work and save to retire one day with the expectation that their future cost of living would be the same, or very close to it, as when they were working. Then the Federal Reserve was created by the big banks/financiers who bailed out the federal govt and we began to see inflation. Now the only thing we can be sure of is the value of a dollar will be worth less in the long term.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The article is wrong. Being against impeachment doesn't necessarily mean you're with Trump on it, you might just think that the standard for "high crimes and misdemeanors" hasn't been met yet.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Don't misunderstand, I'm not in favor of deficit spending. I'm just trying to recognize reality. It will not be stopped. A large % of the budget is mandatory entitlement spending that has built in annual increases. The discretionary part of the budget could be completely eliminated and the budget would still be in deficit. The "easy" solution is to devalue the currency at a greater rate than the deficit is growing and in the end the debt becomes a smaller % of the GDP.

I don't like any of this, but I recognize that's what they are doing. In the early 1900's someone could work and save to retire one day with the expectation that their future cost of living would be the same, or very close to it, as when they were working. Then the Federal Reserve was created by the big banks/financiers who bailed out the federal govt and we began to see inflation. Now the only thing we can be sure of is the value of a dollar will be worth less in the long term.
For years I have been saying the Federal Government would inflate our way out of debt. Of course, that is a fool's errand. It was the same line predatory lenders used on farmers in the early '80s, encouraging them to mortgage the farm to buy equipment and pay it back in inflated dollars. The dollars inflated, but grain prices did not.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis