Author Topic: Trump’s removal would require Republican dissidents. But those who speak out become targets of viral  (Read 6610 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm afraid soon no one will stop and consider just how effing ridiculous those charges are.

Trump, in trouble for encouraging a foreign leader to investigate obvious past corruption involving US politicians. It would be hilarious if it weren't some damned infuriating. Its like impeaching Sam Ervin for investigating Watergate.

:yowsa: The problem is that Trump is urging that a former member of "The Club" be investigated for corruption and THAT is just something that cannot be allowed as it might take root.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Night Hides Not

No one needs to worry about that. The republican Senate wouldn’t dare convict Trump on such flimsy, trumped-up charges.

My crystal ball, cracked as it may be, sees the potential for removing Trump under the 25th amendment. His public statements are growing more unhinged by each passing day. They're to the point of being embarrassing.

His constant bullying towards anyone who disagrees with him is not presidential. He's managed to make Steve Kerr and Gregg Popovich look sympathetic, a hard feat to achieve.

Trump's penchant for "managing by chaos" is starting to turn off voters IMO, as evidenced by the polls showing more in favor for impeachment.

Feel free to criticize me, but I don't see Trump expanding his base, which he's going to need to do to get reelected.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline aligncare

:yowsa: The problem is that Trump is urging that a former member of "The Club" be investigated for corruption and THAT is just something that cannot be allowed as it might take root.

I’m afraid you’re correct. That’s the lynchpin holding back the truth. They, (nearly) all of them, have been playing the citizenry for fools.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
My crystal ball, cracked as it may be, sees the potential for removing Trump under the 25th amendment. His public statements are growing more unhinged by each passing day. They're to the point of being embarrassing.

His Kurds didn't help us at Normandy in World War 2 comment sealed the deal for me.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
My crystal ball, cracked as it may be, sees the potential for removing Trump under the 25th amendment.

I think that is pure fantasy, actually. Less likely than impeachment and less likely than impeachment with conviction in the Senate. The latter I already find highly unlikely.

But we're in uncharted waters.