Author Topic: Trump’s removal would require Republican dissidents. But those who speak out become targets of viral  (Read 6699 times)

Offline corbe

Trump’s removal would require Republican dissidents. But those who speak out become targets of viral disinformation.

By   Isaac Stanley-Becker

October 3 at 12:40 PM 

In the conspiracy-obsessed echo chambers of conservative talk radio and far-right websites, Sen. Mitt Romney has some explaining to do — answering for ties to the Ukrainian gas company that put Joe Biden’s son on its board, and accounting for conversations with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi about Republican support for impeaching President Trump.

In reality, neither claim is true. No meaningful ties exist between the Utah Republican and Burisma, and he had no such conversation with Pelosi.

The flood of baseless attacks and misleading innuendo buffeting Romney, which began after he became a rare Republican to express concern about Trump’s interactions with the Ukrainian president, serves as a preview of the viral attacks likely to be unleashed on GOP lawmakers if they buck their president during an impeachment showdown that Trump has denounced as a “coup.”

Holding the line on impeachment, particularly by pressuring Republicans to remain in lockstep behind Trump, has quickly become the core mission of a squadron of pro-Trump television personalities, talk radio hosts, conservative blogs, fringe Facebook groups and Twitter accounts. Together, these voices form an alternative worldview, built on hostility to mainstream news media and capable of shaping the information consumed by core Republican voters.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-removal-would-require-republican-dissidents-but-those-who-speak-out-become-targets-of-viral-disinformation/2019/10/03/35c35ad0-e394-11e9-b403-f738899982d2_story.html
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Sure it's the Compost (don't shoot me), IMHO, Laboriously they make a point worth considering.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Mesaclone

Trump’s removal would require Republican dissidents. But those who speak out become targets of viral disinformation.

By   Isaac Stanley-Becker

October 3 at 12:40 PM 

In the conspiracy-obsessed echo chambers of conservative talk radio and far-right websites, Sen. Mitt Romney has some explaining to do — answering for ties to the Ukrainian gas company that put Joe Biden’s son on its board, and accounting for conversations with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi about Republican support for impeaching President Trump.

In reality, neither claim is true. No meaningful ties exist between the Utah Republican and Burisma, and he had no such conversation with Pelosi.

The flood of baseless attacks and misleading innuendo buffeting Romney, which began after he became a rare Republican to express concern about Trump’s interactions with the Ukrainian president, serves as a preview of the viral attacks likely to be unleashed on GOP lawmakers if they buck their president during an impeachment showdown that Trump has denounced as a “coup.”

Holding the line on impeachment, particularly by pressuring Republicans to remain in lockstep behind Trump, has quickly become the core mission of a squadron of pro-Trump television personalities, talk radio hosts, conservative blogs, fringe Facebook groups and Twitter accounts. Together, these voices form an alternative worldview, built on hostility to mainstream news media and capable of shaping the information consumed by core Republican voters.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-removal-would-require-republican-dissidents-but-those-who-speak-out-become-targets-of-viral-disinformation/2019/10/03/35c35ad0-e394-11e9-b403-f738899982d2_story.html

So, if RINO's and other NT trash take this as a chance to undermine a President they have always hated....they will be held accountable by conservative commentators and voters? OK. Sounds good.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline corbe

So, if RINO's and other NT trash take this as a chance to undermine a President they have always hated....they will be held accountable by conservative commentators and voters? OK. Sounds good.

Correct me if I'm wrong @Mesaclone but I think the premise of the Article is that some in the GOP (not RINO's and NT Trash) are scared to say $hit about this because they know that they would be mercilessly attacked by Trump and his Right Wing butt kissing Press, ie...Tucker, Hannity, Ingram, Rush, Levin, etc...   
   Maybe it's best to lay low and keep your powder dry.

Offline Mesaclone

Correct me if I'm wrong @Mesaclone but I think the premise of the Article is that some in the GOP (not RINO's and NT Trash) are scared to say $hit about this because they know that they would be mercilessly attacked by Trump and his Right Wing butt kissing Press, ie...Tucker, Hannity, Ingram, Rush, Levin, etc...   

The "some" and the RINO/NT trash I refer to are generally synonymous.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The "some" and the RINO/NT trash I refer to are generally synonymous.
You prove the WaPo's point.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Mesaclone

You prove the WaPo's point.

If their point was that the President is clearly in the right and that GOP candidates who try to "cozy" up to the Left to undermine him will pay an electoral consequence...then I guess so.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

@corbe, they are saying s**t and I'm fine with them having to answer for it.  You think they have some legitimate points?

Good grief, no wonder our side is so useless.

Offline corbe

IMHO, @Sanguine dissent of Trumpism has been all but completely wiped out in the GOP.  IT is his Party, after all.  Just look at what we considered Solid Conservative 10 months ago, now a 'nuisance', Lee, Amash, Cruz barely hanging on to any integrity, the GOP is the problem.  Everyone knew how spineless they were in 2015 when they allowed the guy they hated the most to become their nominee.  They were ripe for the picking, the Wheeler/Dealer from NYC bought em off, all of them, masterfully, I might add.  Now, we are hopefully stuck with him for the next 5 years because the alternative only interests the few here that think it's time to water this Tree of Liberty.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
@corbe, they are saying s**t and I'm fine with them having to answer for it.  You think they have some legitimate points?

Good grief, no wonder our side is so useless.

A recent major poll indicated that Trump had 95% support with Republicans.

This site is populated by attention seeking fringies. See me, see me. I don't like the President elected by Republicans.

See me. Remember when I supported Perot, Buchanan, Brown, Johnston? See me, see me.

3rd party kookisans.

Reagan faced a kook in 1980, namely Joohn Anderson, nominally "Republican. Anderson jumped from kook party, to kook party, finally supporting Ralph Nader years later.

I confess to supporting Perot in 199, then grew the ef up politically.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline corbe

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
     IMHO, @Sanguine dissent of Trumpism has been all but completely wiped out in the GOP.  IT is his Party, after all.  Just look at what we considered Solid Conservative 10 months ago, now a 'nuisance', Lee, Amash, Cruz barely hanging on to any integrity, the GOP is the problem.  Everyone knew how spineless they were in 2015 when they allowed the guy they hated the most to become their nominee.  They were ripe for the picking, the Wheeler/Dealer from NYC bought em off, all of them, masterfully, I might add.  Now, we are hopefully stuck with him for the next 5 years because the alternative only interests the few here that think it's time to water this Tree of Liberty.

@corbe, is it more important to tout our conservative credentials and beat Trump over the head with them, or to fight the evil forces that the democrats represent? It's a very simple question and the response tells us what we should be doing and what we're wasting time on. 

Online DB

This site is populated by attention seeking fringies. See me, see me. I don't like the President elected by Republicans.

See me. Remember when I supported Perot, Buchanan, Brown, Johnston? See me, see me.

3rd party kookisans.

Reagan faced a kook in 1980, namely Joohn Anderson, nominally "Republican. Anderson jumped from kook party, to kook party, finally supporting Ralph Nader years later.

I don't have a party anymore. Was a Republican for nearly 40 years voting for Reagan in my first presidential election. Since Reagan the only vote for president I didn't have to hold my nose for was Steve Forbes in the primary. Its been all down hill from there.

No more.

May your chains fit less tightly as you vote for your lesser evil.

Online roamer_1

I don't have a party anymore. Was a Republican for nearly 40 years voting for Reagan in my first presidential election. Since Reagan the only vote for president I didn't have to hold my nose for was Steve Forbes in the primary. Its been all down hill from there.

No more.

May your chains fit less tightly as you vote for your lesser evil.

@DB

DITTOS. Staunch Republican from '80 to '07.
I didn't leave the Republicans, they left me. High and dry. Not a single REAL and abiding win in all that time. To this very day.

And somehow folks here think that's my fault.  *****rollingeyes*****
What a total waste of time and energy.

Online roamer_1

@corbe, is it more important to tout our conservative credentials and beat Trump over the head with them, or to fight the evil forces that the democrats represent? It's a very simple question and the response tells us what we should be doing and what we're wasting time on.

Neither is true. It is the application of Conservative principles, not the touting thereof... And as long as y'all are satisfied with half-measures (really not even a decimal fraction of half-measures), there is no point in arguing about the quality of the curtains and the arrangement of the deck chairs - The damn foundations are caving in. Fighting evil, my foot...

FEAR is a horrible reason to compromise.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 06:48:10 am by roamer_1 »

Offline libertybele

The Senate is full of Republican dissidents and I feel it is very possible that they will vote to impeach and remove Trump.  This was the plan and the consensus by the members of the grand ole Country Club if Hillary didn't win.  Trump however is not going down without a fight and is going to expose corruption on both sides of the aisle.  What will be left of our Republic?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

3rd party kookisans.

I guess it depends on who you ask. After all, the science is settled and 97% of Climate Scientists agree in anthropogenic climate change, or so we are told.

Be very leery of polls which overwhelmingly support or refute anyone in the public square.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

@truth_seeker

Another highly pure-Trump Briefer has made claims to that effect., which I countered with showing every poll with Trump support under 90%.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,374668.msg2050794.html#msg2050794

Rather than just state "a poll".  Provide some valid proof.  Otherwise stop with the misinformation, or change your screen name.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Neither is true. It is the application of Conservative principles, not the touting thereof... And as long as y'all are satisfied with half-measures (really not even a decimal fraction of half-measures), there is no point in arguing about the quality of the curtains and the arrangement of the deck chairs - The damn foundations are caving in. Fighting evil, my foot...

FEAR is a horrible reason to compromise.

Yes, your response tells a lot. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@truth_seeker

Another highly pure-Trump Briefer has made claims to that effect., which I countered with showing every poll with Trump support under 90%.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,374668.msg2050794.html#msg2050794

Rather than just state "a poll".  Provide some valid proof.  Otherwise stop with the misinformation, or change your screen name.

And, so what?  What did you just prove?  What effect does this have on how we should go forward?

Online DB

And, so what?  What did you just prove?  What effect does this have on how we should go forward?

You keep paying the protection mafia so that they will "protect" you from the greater evil all the while expecting not to be robbed.

The only way to actually stop being robbed is stop paying the protection mafia with your vote en mass. Otherwise you simply empower them to continue what they are doing.

It isn't that complicated. You have to start somewhere if it is ever going to start. Kind of like putting down the bottle and throwing it out... No amount of doing something less will free you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
You keep paying the protection mafia so that they will "protect" you from the greater evil all the while expecting not to be robbed.

The only way to actually stop being robbed is stop paying the protection mafia with your vote en mass. Otherwise you simply empower them to continue what they are doing.

It isn't that complicated. You have to start somewhere if it is ever going to start. Kind of like putting down the bottle and throwing it out... No amount of doing something less will free you.

Mafia?  Where is the mafia in all of this?

You keep sitting on your laurels and doing nothing you will get exactly what you deserve.

Online DB

Mafia?  Where is the mafia in all of this?

You keep sitting on your laurels and doing nothing you will get exactly what you deserve.

LOL... I put down the bottle. That is doing something. More than many of you seem to be able to do. Until more of you do, nothing will change. It will be the endless fix of the next election being the "most important in our lifetimes", bla, bla, bla... So just one more time I'm going to take a sip to ease the pain you tell yourself... As it all sinks further and further into oblivion... And you comfort yourself by saying I'm at least "slowing" the sinking and that is something... That frankly is surrender.

At some point you have to realize the only way to change course is stop taking the sip breaking free of it.

To stop empowering those who mean you "lesser" harm.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
@DB

DITTOS. Staunch Republican from '80 to '07.
I didn't leave the Republicans, they left me. High and dry. Not a single REAL and abiding win in all that time. To this very day.

And somehow folks here think that's my fault.  *****rollingeyes*****
What a total waste of time and energy.
I haven't seen a single Presidential nominee I've been enthused to vote for in the entire time I've been an adult, Democrat, Republican or otherwise. I voted against Obama in '08 and '12 and it got me nowhere, and voted Libertarian (even though I hate the big-L's) as a protest vote against both Clinton and Trump in '16. I watched and saw Duncan L. Hunter, who actually has the record of supporting the kind of laws Trump claims to support, languish at 1% in the '08 elections while Rudy McRomney battled it out to see how far left they could drag the party en route to being slaughtered by Obama in the general.

Ted Cruz came the closest of any to being a candidate I could enthusiastically vote for—and even he I am slightly suspicious of because of his Harvard education (Fuller's rule of life #3: never trust anyone or anything from Harvard)—to actually making the general election. Yet the party voted for the same New York City liberals that are destroying the home state where I was born and raised.

It is as if the Republicans repeatedly choose the worst candidates in the field.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024