Author Topic: GOP lawmaker: 'It is terrible' for Trump to call on China to probe Biden (Hurd)  (Read 724 times)

Offline corbe

GOP lawmaker: 'It is terrible' for Trump to call on China to probe Biden

By Marty Johnson - 10/04/19 12:21 PM EDT

Outgoing Rep. Will Hurd (R-Texas) said Friday that "it is terrible" for President Trump to ask foreign leaders to investigate domestic rivals such as former Vice President Joe Biden.

The comments came the day after Trump, speaking outside the White House, called on China and Ukraine to probe possible corruption by Biden, while House Democrats advance their impeachment push centered on a whistleblower's claim that Trump tried to pressure Ukraine to take action by withholding hundreds of millions of dollars in U.S. aid.

"These are allegations...but these are serious enough that warrant some of the hearings we've been having," Hurd said on CNN's "New Day." "I'm interested in hearing from more of the State Department officials and looking forward to the transcript of [former Ukraine special envoy Kurt] Volker that happened yesterday."

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/464392-gop-lawmaker-it-is-terrible-for-trump-to-call-on-china-to-investigate
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Will Hurd makes his living dealing with China so why would this surprise anyone?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mesaclone

By Marty Johnson - 10/04/19 12:21 PM EDT

Outgoing Rep. Will Hurd (R-Texas) said Friday that "it is terrible" for President Trump to ask foreign leaders to investigate domestic rivals such as former Vice President Joe Biden.

The comments came the day after Trump, speaking outside the White House, called on China and Ukraine to probe possible corruption by Biden, while House Democrats advance their impeachment push centered on a whistleblower's claim that Trump tried to pressure Ukraine to take action by withholding hundreds of millions of dollars in U.S. aid.

"These are allegations...but these are serious enough that warrant some of the hearings we've been having," Hurd said on CNN's "New Day." "I'm interested in hearing from more of the State Department officials and looking forward to the transcript of [former Ukraine special envoy Kurt] Volker that happened yesterday."

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/464392-gop-lawmaker-it-is-terrible-for-trump-to-call-on-china-to-investigate

So, Joe Biden has been corrupt and nepotistic...prying millions out of other nations in sweetheart deals for his son Hunter....and President Trump shouldn't ask those countries to look into it? Are you serious?

Further, this is part of a broader look into criminal activity and corrupt covert actions carried out in and after the 2016 election...much of which was conducted via countries like Ukraine, Australia and China...so who else would the president ask to look into these corruptions?

You seem to be arguing that because Biden is a one of many candidates running on the Dem side for President, that he should be immune from his past corrupt activity and that the President of the United States should not mobilize international support and cooperation to investigate corruption.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 05:04:57 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online cato potatoe

I don't do business in China but a lot of my clients do.  The business world is very corrupt ... their bureaucracy ensures nothing will change in the near future.  We should not trust the Chinese to investigate our politicians.  Their government will say whatever benefits them.

Offline Mesaclone

I don't do business in China but a lot of my clients do.  The business world is very corrupt ... their bureaucracy ensures nothing will change in the near future.  We should not trust the Chinese to investigate our politicians.  Their government will say whatever benefits them.

Of course we shouldn't trust them, but we should ask them to investigate corruption and do our best to hold them accountable when they fail to do so.

Online berdie

Hurd needs to go away. But I don't think that district will elect much better.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

At what point do we say this isn't right?  Trump has had all this time to investigate people.  To put Hillary Clinton in jail too (lock her up).  Investigating because someone did something unlawful is good.  Investigating because it is elections coming up is bad.  The motivation is incorrect.  Furthermore you are absolutely correct.  Going to a foreign government like China is unethical and dangerous.  To think that we can base anything on a Communist government like China is crazy.  CRAZY! 

And as an inquiry that is done to affect a US election.  It has real ramifications.  We wouldn't want Democrats to do it.  Its more simply put digging dirt against a political opponent.   Trump is using foreign governments as his goody bag.

If he's the man that he claims he is.  If everything he has done has benefited the United States citizens.  If his record is MAGA he doesn't need to do this stuff.  Biden is old and creepy with no record of accomplishment.  He didn't stand a chance, but maybe he will if Trump keeps it up.  This is the way Trump is.  He is in a fight and intends to win no matter if the United States looses.
Signs and wonders.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 08:48:53 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Mesaclone

At what point do we say this isn't right?  Investigating this kind of corruption IS rightTrump has had all this time to investigate people. And he and his Justice Department HAVE been investigating from day one...but its a long and difficult process with the deep state fighting it every inch of the way.  To put Hillary Clinton in jail too (lock her up).  See previous answer.Investigating because someone did something unlawful is good. We agree on something! Investigating because it is elections coming up is bad. The investigation has been ongoing AND you are wrong as to "election" being the motive...or has the President told you his motive in some secret confab? The motivation is incorrect. It also exists only in your, and the Left's, imagination. Furthermore you are absolutely correct. Absolutely incorrect. Going to a foreign government like China is unethical and dangerous. It is clearly ethical, and its only dangerous if you look at any evidence that arises uncritically. To think that we can base anything on a Communist government like China is crazy.  Hard evidence is hard evidence...wherever it may come from.CRAZY! 

And as an inquiry that is done to affect a US election. Again, you and the Left imagine this to be the motivation...all parties involved say the election had nothing to do with it.   It has real ramifications.  We wouldn't want Democrats to do it. I desperately wish Democrats wanted to conduct a real investigation into real corruption. Its more simply put digging dirt against a political opponent. That's just your characterization, based on Lib talking points and a dislike of the President.   Trump is using foreign governments as his goody bag. The plot against him was pushed through the Intel agencies of these "foreign governments", and so that IS the ONLY place to go for evidence.

If he's the man that he claims he is.  If everything he has done has benefited the United States citizens.  If his record is MAGA he doesn't need to do this stuff. As President, damn right he needs to investigate this kind of deep state corruption funneled through foreign agencies/nations Biden is old and creepy with no record of accomplishment.  He didn't stand a chance, but maybe he will if Trump keeps it up. Again, this isn't about Biden's election. Its about Biden's corruption in office AND the corrupt plot to spy on and then overthrow our current President This is the way Trump is. Correct, he actually fights back against corruption and deep state machinations. He is in a fight and intends to win no matter if the United States looses.If he wins, the Constitution and the United States wins...because this fight is about the corruption of the Obama administration, spying on the Trump campaign in 2016, and an attempted coup de etat after the President won the election
Signs and wonders.

Step away from the Lefty talking points and use your eyes...this is not an effort to smear a rival campaign...it is an effort to convict corruption and treason that was funneled through places like Ukraine and China by the Dems (DNC and allies) in concert with our very own intelligence agencies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Step away from the Lefty talking points and use your eyes...this is not an effort to smear a rival campaign...it is an effort to convict corruption and treason that was funneled through places like Ukraine and China by the Dems (DNC and allies) in concert with our very own intelligence agencies.

I don't think it's possible to swing a dead cat around DeeCee without hitting several corrupt politicians.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I don't think it's possible to swing a dead cat around DeeCee without hitting several corrupt politicians.

Be more fun with a live cat.

Well, perhaps not for the cat.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I assure you I don't have liberal talking points.  What I write either comes from Conservative news or Christian news, or it is my own personal opinion.  In this case I wrote what it looks like.  If he had been interested in locking up Hillary Clinton he wouldn't have honored her on Inauguration day.  Nor would he have said she had suffered enough.

This has not been an ongoing investigation through China. He just suggested it today. 

« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 01:38:08 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline corbe

I assure you I don't have liberal talking points.  What I write either comes from Conservative news or Christian news, or it is my own personal opinion.  In this case I wrote what it looks like.  If he had been interested in locking up Hillary Clinton he wouldn't have honored her on Inauguration day.  Nor would he have said she had suffered enough.

You bring up a very crucial point @Chosen Daughter perhaps had he instructed his AG to 'Lock Her Up', like he promised for 6 months, maybe he wouldn't find himself in this mess because the dems would be too busy protecting their flanks.

Of Course, it's all Sessions Fault

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

You bring up a very crucial point @Chosen Daughter perhaps had he instructed his AG to 'Lock Her Up', like he promised for 6 months, maybe he wouldn't find himself in this mess because the dems would be too busy protecting their flanks.

Of Course, it's all Sessions Fault

And you pointed out THE point.  Its never his fault according to him.  He keeps making more and more disaster.

What is incredible though is the fact that most people will make every excuse in the book for him.  They are willing to overlook anything and everything.

At this point I am fairly sure that I am sitting out the next election.  After my entire adult life.  We have gotten to the place where there is no good side.  No moral line.  No divide.  Only corrupt politics.  I believe in standing firm in the face of evil.  These days are evil indeed.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 01:54:53 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline aligncare

Agree. But, that condition exists only because no one, including voters, have ever held politicians accountable in any meaningful way for the vast wealth they all seem to effortlessly accumulate after joining the club.

I think for Trump this effort to fight corruption is ultimately about the taxpayers and good government. Hey, somebody had to begin the fight. Fortunately Trump the counterpuncher seems up for the fight. That was the deep state’s first mistake.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Agree. But, that condition exists only because no one, including voters, have ever held politicians accountable in any meaningful way for the vast wealth they all seem to effortlessly accumulate after joining the club.

I think for Trump this effort to fight corruption is ultimately about the taxpayers and good government. Hey, somebody had to begin the fight. Fortunately Trump the counterpuncher seems up for the fight. That was the deep state’s first mistake.

If Trump was about fighting corruption why would one of his first acts be to commute the sentence of someone doing time for corruption?

Especially doing time for money laundering and using illegal aliens in their packing plant.  The fake president that just won on the Trumped up idea that he was America first.  That he was for the American worker.  And that companies should not be hiring illegal immigrants.

The real reason Trump commuted the 27-year sentence of a kosher meat packing exec

The Chasidic Jewish Rubashkin was convicted in 2009 of several crimes connected to his family's massive kosher slaughterhouse operation headquartered in Postville, Iowa. They included money laundering and financial fraud. Moreover, the financial prosecution came after federal authorities raided the Agriprocessors plant and arrested 389 illegal immigrants working there in 2008.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/22/why-trump-commuted-sholom-rubashkins-27-year-prison-sentence-commentary.html

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I think the Uranium One deal should have a dozen or so folks receiving the Rosenberg treatment.  That includes Bill and Hillary Clinton.  But nothing.

I thought Eric Holder would finally answer for Fast & Furious, but again nothing.

Now, Biden and son have put the press on two countries, and have been enriched HUGELY, and nothing.  Trump calls them on it, and the lunatic Dems want to impeach him.  Lunacy for certain.  Joe Biden should also face serious charges, and perhaps Hunter too.

Rep Hurd is a moron, and his departure will not happen soon enough.  The president has every right to determine if corruption happened in these two countries.  Remember, it was idiot Biden who just a couple months ago said that China was not an economic threat to the USA.  China does not give $1.5 BILLION to a numbnut like Hunter unless it is a payoff!!!  The optics say it all. 

Trump made a bad decision regarding Clinton.  His DOJ should have fully investigated her email debacle, which included thousands of felonies.

And the whole Epstein story is a travesty, a major coverup.  There is no justice in Washington.

Offline aligncare

I think the Uranium One deal should have a dozen or so folks receiving the Rosenberg treatment.  That includes Bill and Hillary Clinton.  But nothing.

I thought Eric Holder would finally answer for Fast & Furious, but again nothing.

Now, Biden and son have put the press on two countries, and have been enriched HUGELY, and nothing.  Trump calls them on it, and the lunatic Dems want to impeach him.  Lunacy for certain.  Joe Biden should also face serious charges, and perhaps Hunter too.

Rep Hurd is a moron, and his departure will not happen soon enough.  The president has every right to determine if corruption happened in these two countries.  Remember, it was idiot Biden who just a couple months ago said that China was not an economic threat to the USA.  China does not give $1.5 BILLION to a numbnut like Hunter unless it is a payoff!!!  The optics say it all. 

Trump made a bad decision regarding Clinton.  His DOJ should have fully investigated her email debacle, which included thousands of felonies.

And the whole Epstein story is a travesty, a major coverup.  There is no justice in Washington.

I heard the Clinton investigation has been reopened. No details beyond that. Hope it’s true.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I heard the Clinton investigation has been reopened. No details beyond that. Hope it’s true.

That's right you hope.  Because it has been brought up so many times.  Nothing.  Trump honored Hillary at his Inauguration lunch.  He said at the beginning of his presidency that she had suffered enough.

Offline skeeter

That's right you hope.  Because it has been brought up so many times.  Nothing.  Trump honored Hillary at his Inauguration lunch.  He said at the beginning of his presidency that she had suffered enough.

Surely you hope it's true, too, Right?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

People seem to forget the all out vendetta that the sleazy Stone & Pecker side show did during the primaries in '16.

In Trump's case when it comes to elections, ethics be damned.  I don't think there is any line that this president won't cross.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Yeah, those "Lock Her Up Chants" were nothing but "Reality TV"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

Why should being a candidate for President immunize Biden from being investigated for fraud?

It sure didn't immunize Trump from Obama's fraudulent spying.

Nor did it immunize Trump from the MSM's double standard exemplified in these two stories.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

When did you start believing anything Trump says?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Surely you hope it's true, too, Right?

I do, but I'm not so sure about other people.

"Well, a politician said something three years ago, so it must be true today."
I will NOT comply.