Author Topic: Biden campaign warns Fox News not to run Trump’s ‘false’ ad, puts network on notice  (Read 543 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden campaign warns Fox News not to run Trump’s ‘false’ ad, puts network on notice
October 4, 2019 | Frieda Powers

Fox News has rejected an attempt by Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden to control their airwaves.

The network repudiated the former vice president’s demand to reject a new Trump 2020 campaign ad because of the “absolute falsity” of claims suggesting the Ukraine government was strong-armed into pushing out a prosecutor investigating corruption in a company that employed Hunter Biden.

Biden’s presidential campaign put Fox News “on notice” about airing the ad which they claimed “spreads false, definitively debunked conspiracy theories,” Politico reported.

The ad “falsely states” that “Biden offered Ukraine $1 billion to fire the prosecutor investigating a company affiliated with his son,” Biden campaign manager Greg Schultz wrote in a letter to Fox News and Fox Business general counsel Lily Claffee.

“Though the Trump campaign is prepared to fabricate outright lies, your station’s airwaves should not be used to disseminate them,” Schultz wrote.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/10/04/biden-campaign-warns-fox-news-not-to-run-trumps-false-ad-puts-network-on-notice-834519
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
You're on tape, old slow Joe.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline kevindavis007

Again, I stand by my view that polticians shouldn't be bashing or dictating news networks on what it shouldn't be allowed to be aired or not.

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Fox News has rejected an attempt by Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden to control their airwaves.

Color me surprised!  Not the least bit unhappy but still surprised.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline conservativevoter

I am SOOO not surprised!  In fact, I am now FOCROFLMAO!!    :silly:

Offline GrouchoTex

Again, I stand by my view that polticians shouldn't be bashing or dictating news networks on what it shouldn't be allowed to be aired or not.

Agreed.

Fact-check?

Okay

Dictate?

No.

Offline skeeter

Agreed.

Fact-check?

Okay

Dictate?

No.

Not to go down a rathole, but news organizations have no business 'fact checking' either. It's not their job to evaluate veracity of information and then proclaiming the truth, just simply provide and let the consumer evaluate it.

Anything more than providing the news equates to editorializing.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 02:58:37 pm by skeeter »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Color me surprised!  Not the least bit unhappy but still surprised.

Same here.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Fox rejects.  CNN on the other hand acquiesced to the demand.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GrouchoTex

Not to go down a rathole, but news organizations have no business 'fact checking' either. It's not their job to evaluate veracity of information and then proclaiming the truth, just simply provide and let the consumer evaluate it.

Anything more than providing the news equates to editorializing.

True enough, they should report facts anyway.....

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Biden campaign warns Fox News not to run Trump’s ‘false’ ad, puts network on notice"

Ehhhhhh.....?
What's that, Joe...?

You threatenin' the Fox News folks just like you threatened the Ukranians about your kid's graft...?

Offline verga

Finally FOX stands up
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.