Author Topic: "Analysts need to be African Americans"; Tlaib insists all facial recognition techs be black  (Read 388 times)

Offline mountaineer

'Analysts need to be African Americans': Tlaib insists all facial recognition techs be black
 by Ellie Bufkin
 | October 02, 2019 04:40 PM
Michigan Rep. Rashida Tlaib recently visited the Real Time Crime Center after having tweeting "@detroitpolice You should probably rethink this whole facial recognition bulls**t" in August.

The Detroit Police responded by offering a tour of the Real Time Crime Center, so she should see how the technology was helping to apprehend criminals and prevent crime. "@RashidaTlaib Before you criticize the software, come to our Real Time Crime Center to see how we @detroitpolice responsibly use it in efforts to identify criminals involved in violent crimes. Let’s set a date."  ...

"Analysts need to be African Americans," Tlaib proclaimed as Craig told her a story about how a dangerous murder suspect was caught through the Real Time Crime Center. "Non-African Americans think African Americans all look the same," she said before quipping that Democratic Reps. Elijah Cummings and John Lewis are often confused on the House floor.   ...
More at Washington Examiner
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

October 3rd, 2019
Detroit Police Chief Slams Rashida Tlaib Over Her Racist Remarks: ‘That’s Insulting’
By  Ryan Saavedra

...     Later, speaking to a local news outlet, Craig said: “The fact that she made that statement, what does that say to the members of this department who are analysts, who are trained, who are white? That they in some way can’t do their job professionally? That’s insulting.”

“But here’s what’s troubling, as a police chief who happens to be African-American in this city, if I made a similar statement people would be calling for my resignation right now,” Craig continued.   ...   More at Daily Wire
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

Tlaib needs to work on her racial groveling skills. I don't think this particular pander will work.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
She's a real piece of work. 

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
She's a real piece of work.

She needs to be out of work too.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline verga

WOW racist much.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline musiclady

I personally think that Denzel Washington and Samuel L. Jackson look EXACTLY alike.

So I guess she's right............       wink777
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I personally think that Denzel Washington and Samuel L. Jackson look EXACTLY alike.

So I guess she's right............       wink777

It's Laurence Fishburne and Samual L Jackson who look alike!   yogi555
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline musiclady

It's Laurence Fishburne and Samual L Jackson who look alike!   yogi555

I know.

(That's the joke.  Denzel's real cute.  happy77)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This is pretty stupid, because almost all Detroit Police are black.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: