Author Topic: My Florida School District Now Allows School Staff To Carry Guns  (Read 673 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Scary Mommy by Kristen Mae

Well, it happened. Against the cries of many Floridians, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act went into effect this week. Teachers trained as part of the Guardian Program are now able to secretly carry a firearm on Florida elementary, middle, and high school campuses. Passed in May, the bill allowed for the arming of teachers, making an exception for teachers whose only function is instruction. That means, as long as a teacher has another duty besides instruction, like coaching, they would be eligible to carry.

Many Floridians fought hard to keep guns out of school. The vast majority of teachers, administrators, parents, students, and even school districts as a whole, didn’t want this. Politicians shoved the law through anyway.

The bill requires that each school have at least one armed person on site, but it also gives districts a choice between using an SRO (school resource officer) or staff trained through the Guardian program. Out of Florida’s 67 counties, only 39 counties are participating in the Guardian program. Of those 39, many were forced to utilize the Guardian program because budget wouldn’t allow for the hiring of a full-time SRO.

More: https://www.scarymommy.com/florida-allows-teachers-carry-guns-school/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: My Florida School District Now Allows School Staff To Carry Guns
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 03:42:05 pm »
FTA:

What would actually help? Red flag laws would help. Background checks on every gun sale would help. A national registry linking every gun to its owner would help. Harsher penalties for those who carelessly store their weapons and allow someone to get hurt as a result would help. A voluntary buy-back would help.

A leftist gun-grabber's wet dream.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: