Author Topic: Georgia Sheriff’s Deputy Sues Over Lack Of Transgender Insurance Coverage  (Read 658 times)

Offline OfTheCross

A sheriff’s deputy in Perry, Ga., filed a lawsuit in federal court Wednesday against the county where she works over its refusal to allow her health insurance plan to cover her gender-affirmation surgery.

Sgt. Anna Lange came out as transgender in 2017 after working in the Houston County Sheriff’s Office since 2006. She has taken hormone therapy and outwardly changed her appearance over the past three years to treat gender dysphoria, the distress resulting from the mismatch between her sex assigned at birth and her gender identity.

Her next step was going to be gender-affirmation surgery, but that plan came to a halt when her insurance provider denied coverage for the procedure based on an exclusion specified by her employer.

khn

I guess if her insurance company is willing to cover it there's no reason for the County to block the assignment.

If it had been the other way around I'd say tough luck.
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

resulting from the mismatch between her sex assigned at birth

He wasn't assigned a sex at birth.  That happened at contraception.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
resulting from the mismatch between her sex assigned at birth

He wasn't assigned a sex at birth.  That happened at contraception.
I think you meant conception.

Now, what I don't get is, is this a he trying to be a she, or a she trying to be a he, or one of the other 50-odd varieties of confusion?

Seems like it would be easier to put the bowtie on the Chevy than turn it into a Ford.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Now, what I don't get is, is this a he trying to be a she, or a she trying to be a he, or one of the other 50-odd varieties of confusion?

I forget Smoke, who is the father of confusion?
That's right... Oughta be a sign.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I forget Smoke, who is the father of confusion?
That's right... Oughta be a sign.
Ayup.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis