Author Topic: 55% of Americans Favor Decriminalizing Drugs  (Read 2788 times)

Offline OfTheCross

Re: 55% of Americans Favor Decriminalizing Drugs
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2019, 05:28:43 pm »
Keep the masses stoned and strung out and they won't care what the government does to tear down the country...as long as they can get their next fix.

If that's the case we should ban alcohol again, and anything else that may get you inebriated
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2019, 06:05:19 pm »
If that's the case we should ban alcohol again, and anything else that may get you inebriated

Typical stoner answer to justify legalizing drugs.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2019, 06:29:32 pm »
Our Goobernor Wolf just announced he's going forward with decriminalizing recreational marijuana in Pennsylvania.  Most of us knew he would once medicinal marijuana was legalized. 

This country has spent bazillions on the "War on Drugs" and really hasn't had much success in curbing the flow of narcotics.  They are all still plentiful and easy to obtain.  Now the states are spending still more of our tax dollars on the so-called opioid epidemic.  About all they've managed to accomplish there is to put a pharmaceutical company out of business. 

Seems to me we will never be rid of anything that makes people high, drunk and/or stupid.   We no longer advocate personal responsibility.  We have to have government tell us how to behave and what to do, and if we do wrong, causing harm to ourselves or someone else, we look to government to clean up the mess. 

I say, make it all legal.  If you overdose or cause harm to others, it's your responsibility.  You suffer the consequences.  Don't look to us responsible citizens and taxpayers to help you out. 

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2019, 06:41:36 pm »
Typical stoner answer to justify legalizing drugs.

If the drug is essentially as mild as alcohol, no reason it shouldn't be legalized and treated the same
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2019, 07:13:07 pm »
If the drug is essentially as mild as alcohol, no reason it shouldn't be legalized and treated the same

I once worked in a steel fabrication plant, ever worked with two ton Hyster drivers flying by ya all day? Yeah, I wanted those drivers tested for drugs pretty regularly. Ever see what a Hyster can do to a support pole in the center of a building?

What drug is mild in your opinion. I am 6'4" tall (over 210lbs at the time) and tried pot once, and flipped out. It was not laced with anything, but it reacted with me violently. There is no 100% safe drugs beyond water, and even that will kill you if taken in excess. Over time I have shrunk somewhat (still around 6'3" and a little heavier) but I will remember that one half joint to the day I lose my memory (and not fondly).
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 07:14:40 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2019, 07:50:58 pm »

Alcohol? MILD? You must be sh*tting me.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2019, 07:56:10 pm »

European ranking of drug harms, 2015

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2019, 08:24:36 pm »
European ranking chart above, places alcohol and heroin as the most harmful to the user, and to others

I served in the US Army in West Germany, where it was legal to have an open container in the vehicle, however drunk driving was an automatic felony.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2019, 08:56:39 pm »
European ranking chart above, places alcohol and heroin as the most harmful to the user, and to others

I served in the US Army in West Germany, where it was legal to have an open container in the vehicle, however drunk driving was an automatic felony.

Open containers were legal in Texas until Sept 2001.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2019, 09:35:02 pm »
I'm probably the only person you'll ever meet who has never been drunk nor high.

I went to Woodstock and didn't touch any drugs.

As an American G.I. in Germany, I went to the Hofbrau House in Munich -- one of the most famous beer houses of them all -- and ordered "ein cola, bitte"...
"I'm probably the only person you'll ever meet who has never been drunk nor high."

You'd be wrong.  I've had the occasional beer, sniffed second hand pot at rock concerts, but never been drunk or high either.  I saw too many relatives who wrecked their families through alcoholism. Booze or drugs never had any attraction for me. Cost me some friends, but I've never done things I didn't want to do just to please other people or make friends.  Except for my wife, of course. :scared smiley:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2019, 10:22:39 pm »

Except it's not.  And they are not the same.  I live in a state where it's legal...both recreational and medicinal.  They are not the same.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2019, 10:24:14 pm »
Alcohol? MILD? You must be sh*tting me.

Well when all he's ever had is White Claw....    :whistle:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2019, 10:41:34 pm »

uh huh

What is the difference between a meth head and a pothead? Both will steal your shit, but a meth head will help you look for it.

Alcohol is so mild they banned it.

@OfTheCross

You understand, by your screen name, the full implications of pharmakeia.

I would say something else. But out of respect for this forum, and not you, I will not. And THAT is saying something.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2019, 10:48:15 pm »
You understand, by your screen name, the full implications of pharmakeia.

That's right - Or he/she/it ought to...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2019, 04:27:26 am »
Keep the masses stoned and strung out and they won't care what the government does to tear down the country...as long as they can get their next fix.
Yep. I have seen people who thought they were being intelligent fail miserably while under the influence of a variety of substances. As for 'no more harmful than alcohol', do we really want to double down, even on that? Isn't the judgement of Americans impaired enough yet?

For years I have thought the Congress should be drug tested, right along with commercial drivers, oilfield workers, and a host of others who do things that can get themselves or others killed.

But having an effed up workforce is a guarantee of success, right?  9999hair out0000
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2019, 04:37:12 am »
Our Goobernor Wolf just announced he's going forward with decriminalizing recreational marijuana in Pennsylvania.  Most of us knew he would once medicinal marijuana was legalized. 

This country has spent bazillions on the "War on Drugs" and really hasn't had much success in curbing the flow of narcotics.  They are all still plentiful and easy to obtain.  Now the states are spending still more of our tax dollars on the so-called opioid epidemic.  About all they've managed to accomplish there is to put a pharmaceutical company out of business. 

Seems to me we will never be rid of anything that makes people high, drunk and/or stupid.   We no longer advocate personal responsibility.  We have to have government tell us how to behave and what to do, and if we do wrong, causing harm to ourselves or someone else, we look to government to clean up the mess. 

I say, make it all legal.  If you overdose or cause harm to others, it's your responsibility.  You suffer the consequences.  Don't look to us responsible citizens and taxpayers to help you out.
In reality, it is exactly the taxpayers and responsible citizens who will bail the users out, pay for rehab, pay for those injured from the womb to old age, and clean up the abattoirs on the highways. Who else will take care of that. THere won't be a 'stoner lane', either, so don't expect that to be any safer.
As for curbing the flow of drugs into this country, that has to be done at the borders, and that is being fought tooth and nail.

In addition, ever read the questions on a form 4473? legality changes haven't changed the questions, nor the outcome if the answer is incorrect. This is a great way to remove a Right.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2019, 05:28:33 am »
Between the medical cost to restore health to a drunkard, disease leading to death, accidents, and the outcome of accidents, alcohol is easily the biggest killer there is... Eclipsing gun violence by an order or two in magnitude.

'Mild as alcohol' my a**  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2019, 12:14:24 pm »
Between the medical cost to restore health to a drunkard, disease leading to death, accidents, and the outcome of accidents, alcohol is easily the biggest killer there is... Eclipsing gun violence by an order or two in magnitude.

'Mild as alcohol' my a**  *****rollingeyes*****

to all:

alcohol is so mild that we have a smiley of it  :beer:

If someone takes two shots of vodka or two hits of a joint they both be impaired at a mild level. Let's not act like doing either will have most human beings acting crazy. They'd be buzzed.

Any drug that's on that level should be OK for ages 21 and over. Or let's ban alcohol again, too

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2019, 02:45:57 pm »
to all:

Oh SNAP!!! I guess you really got us there didn't you junior?   *****rollingeyes*****

If someone takes two shots of vodka or two hits of a joint they both be impaired at a mild level. Let's not act like doing either will have most human beings acting crazy. They'd be buzzed.

So when was the last time you enhanced a shot of vodka with PCP...or mixed ether into a nice glas of Stoli?   You like to stir in some cocaine or a little heroin in your Smirnoff before you sip it?

Because those are other harder drugs that someone you think is only "mildly" impaired off of a couple hits of a join lace that joint with to get a stronger high.  So no equating a couple shots of Vodka to a couple tokes off of a join is a false equivalent.

Any drug that's on that level should be OK for ages 21 and over. Or let's ban alcohol again, too

You need to quit cutting and pasting propaganda from the NORML website.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2019, 06:40:48 pm »
to all:

Well that is the most absurd standard there could possibly be...

The problem son, is that PEOPLE DON'T STOP at 1 or 2 shots/hits. What a dumass thing to say.
There is ONE legit way to get high. Why complicate it by adding more, when that is more than enough to control on its own?

As to banning alcohol - I am all for it, except for my medicinal use. I reserve the right to get totally sh*t-faced to control my pain.

Like I said in the first place, it ought to be up to the states. So if you want to get lit, go move to Denver. Don't impose it on me.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2019, 01:20:18 am »
@OfTheCross

hmmm...

The willingness.

hmmmm...

Your entire purpose to join this forum wasn't for a comfortable screaming match between reasonable individuals. It was something else.

Enough.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline corbe

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2019, 01:34:03 am »
   I smoke a little pot, on occasion, and I don't advocate the Fed getting involved at all and would reluctantly accept a State solution, because there isn't a problem, IMHO. 
  There are much more kids TXT'ing while driving and killing than driving while stoned.
  Address the REAL Problem, reprobates among US.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2019, 01:41:53 am »
   I smoke a little pot, on occasion, and I don't advocate the Fed getting involved at all and would reluctantly accept a State solution, because there isn't a problem, IMHO. 
  There are much more kids TXT'ing while driving and killing than driving while stoned.
  Address the REAL Problem, reprobates among US.
Yabbut, cell phone possession is legal, and not just for medical purposes.

It isn't just kids, I have seen middle aged people who were so involved in their phones they sat through green lights. It gets worse in motion.

But outright legalization means it's okay, right? (as in socially acceptable).

If that happens, it will be used on the highways even more, and despite all the gadgets to keep us all safe (seat belts, air bags, side air bags, crumple zones, telescoping steering columns, lane warning devices, blind spot indicators, etc.), more people will die.

We have known drunk driving was a problem since the first drunk fell off the freight wagon and got crushed under the wheels, and the problem hasn't gone away. 

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2019, 01:57:21 am »
   They just seemed to handle it better back when I was growing up, before Big Government took over.

Otis, the only Character on the Andy Griffith Show that WAS married.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2019, 12:22:33 pm »
@OfTheCross

hmmm...

The willingness.

hmmmm...

Your entire purpose to join this forum wasn't for a comfortable screaming match between reasonable individuals. It was something else.

Enough.

I don't like screaming, name-calling etc. I typically exit conversations when they devolve in that nature.