Author Topic: 55% of Americans Favor Decriminalizing Drugs  (Read 2829 times)

Offline Axeslinger

Re: 55% of Americans Favor Decriminalizing Drugs
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2019, 12:43:05 pm »
I don't like screaming, name-calling etc. I typically exit conversations when they devolve in that nature.

And yet...you push virtually every conversation here exactly to that point with your inanity.

Hmmm...some might call BS.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2019, 12:48:26 pm »
And yet...you push virtually every conversation here exactly to that point with your inanity.

Hmmm...some might call BS.

Nonsense.

I haven't done anything but offer my thoughts and opinions as others have. I haven't gotten into and screaming or name-calling matches with anyone here.

If a conversation takes that tone it's not because of my actions.
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline Axeslinger

Re: 55% of Americans Favor Decriminali
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2019, 01:09:56 pm »
Nonsense.

I haven't done anything but offer my thoughts and opinions as others have. I haven't gotten into and screaming or name-calling matches with anyone here.

If a conversation takes that tone it's not because of my actions.

When someone “says” they’re engaging in good faith debate, but then steadfastly refuses to acknowledge other’s facts because it contradicts their own inane bias, and then just keeps spouting their refuted points over and over and over again...
Yeah...some might call BS.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline OfTheCross

Re: 55% of Americans Favor Decriminali
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2019, 01:45:10 pm »
When someone “says” they’re engaging in good faith debate, but then steadfastly refuses to acknowledge other’s facts because it contradicts their own inane bias, and then just keeps spouting their refuted points over and over and over again...
Yeah...some might call BS.

Well you're certainly not speaking of me at this point. If so, give some examples of me refusing to acknowledge other's facts.

You can PM me or start another thread in Members Only or General Discussion as to not continue to derail this one.
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2019, 01:56:48 am »
Oregon Is Poised to Legalize Shrooms. It’s Just the Beginning

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/zmjwv4/oregon-legalized-weed-shrooms-cocaine-meth-heroin-could-be-next

“We see this not only as a template for Oregon but for the rest of the country and the world."

Why not Oregon?

That's the question advocates are asking as they try to make the state the nexus of the next wave of drug policy reform in the United States.

Two separate local campaigns are currently working to get what might be the two most far- reaching drug reforms in recent American history on the 2020 ballot. One centers on legalizing psychedelic "shroom" therapy; the other would decriminalize almost all drugs, period.

There is no single reason the state is so well-positioned to be a laboratory for drug reform. Instead, imagine a vast, multi-layered Venn diagram including public health needs, quirks of local history, unique funding opportunities, costs, arcane ballot access rules, demographics, and politics.

“We see this not only as a template for Oregon but for the rest of the country and the world,” said Sheri Eckert, one of the chief petitioners for the Psilocybin Service Initiative of Oregon (PSI 2020), which would make Oregon the first state to legalize access to psilocybin-assisted therapy statewide.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2019, 01:58:35 am »
Oregon Is Poised to Legalize Shrooms. It’s Just the Beginning

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/zmjwv4/oregon-legalized-weed-shrooms-cocaine-meth-heroin-could-be-next

Denver just legalized them 3 months ago  **nononono*
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2019, 06:44:55 am »
Denver just legalized them 3 months ago  **nononono*
Well, we both work at jobs where people can (and occasionally do) get killed or maimed, just in the day to day operations (even in peacetime, in yours). I have been Fire/EMS, driven dump trucks, operated heavy equipment, engaged in marine construction, been a geologist on oil rigs, roughnecked, done pipeline work, fitted structural steel, and done a variety of construction work, among other things in the last 47 years.

I can't honestly say I have ever seen people who could safely (relatively speaking) do those jobs while messed up, be that from alcohol or any other drug, including some OTC stuff. I would wager your experiences are similar, in that if your head isn't in the game, completely, things just might not go well.

I saw the signs along the interstate in Colorado: "Pull wrecked vehicles out of the roadway." I have never seen signs like that anywhere else. 

That spoke volumes. First that there were enough wrecks along that corridor up the Front Range that the reminder was there in the first place (they had signs made up, just for that), and second, that people needed to be reminded that leaving their wrecked or damaged vehicle in lanes of traffic might not be such a good idea. (Duh).  :facepalm:

But the tax revenue!  **nononono*

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2019, 03:11:06 am »

I saw the signs along the interstate in Colorado: "Pull wrecked vehicles out of the roadway." I have never seen signs like that anywhere else. 

That has to do with population density, not pot legalization.  I've seen analogous signs in the Northeast back when I lived there in the 80's, in California while visiting both the Bay Area in the '90's and the LA basin more recently, and on the Interstates running through suburban Chicago, and they were there in the heavily congested parts of the Interstates near Denver before they legalized pot.   No, we don't have them in Kansas, and they don't have them in eastern Colorado either. 
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2019, 03:20:08 am »
Well, we both work at jobs where people can (and occasionally do) get killed or maimed, just in the day to day operations (even in peacetime, in yours). I have been Fire/EMS, driven dump trucks, operated heavy equipment, engaged in marine construction, been a geologist on oil rigs, roughnecked, done pipeline work, fitted structural steel, and done a variety of construction work, among other things in the last 47 years.

I can't honestly say I have ever seen people who could safely (relatively speaking) do those jobs while messed up, be that from alcohol or any other drug, including some OTC stuff. I would wager your experiences are similar, in that if your head isn't in the game, completely, things just might not go well.

That spoke volumes. First that there were enough wrecks along that corridor up the Front Range that the reminder was there in the first place (they had signs made up, just for that), and second, that people needed to be reminded that leaving their wrecked or damaged vehicle in lanes of traffic might not be such a good idea. (Duh).  :facepalm:

But the tax revenue!  **nononono*

I've seen signs like that in FL.  It could be for the people who come from States where you're not supposed to move vehicles (tamper with evidence) until LEO shows up. 

Kind of like the 'bridges freeze before roadway' signs you see in the South.  Obvious to many of us, but still worth warning those unaware.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2019, 03:35:01 am »
That has to do with population density, not pot legalization.  I've seen analogous signs in the Northeast back when I lived there in the 80's, in California while visiting both the Bay Area in the '90's and the LA basin more recently, and on the Interstates running through suburban Chicago, and they were there in the heavily congested parts of the Interstates near Denver before they legalized pot.   No, we don't have them in Kansas, and they don't have them in eastern Colorado either.

I don't remember the hwy numbers... But that exchange from Kansas westbound to northbound out of Denver...  Probably no big deal for city folks... But I loathe that switch like the plague. As soon as you hit the freeway, entering on the left as I recall, then merge straight across 6 lanes in heavy traffic to get to the northbound exit on the right side of the freeway... all within what seems to be something like a quarter or half mile.  **nononono*

If I ever go through there again, I will not enter Denver.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 03:35:58 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2019, 08:52:07 am »
I don't remember the hwy numbers... But that exchange from Kansas westbound to northbound out of Denver...  Probably no big deal for city folks... But I loathe that switch like the plague. As soon as you hit the freeway, entering on the left as I recall, then merge straight across 6 lanes in heavy traffic to get to the northbound exit on the right side of the freeway... all within what seems to be something like a quarter or half mile.  **nononono*

If I ever go through there again, I will not enter Denver.
It's a nicer drive up the East side of the Black Hills, or even through Cheyenne and up on I-25, then if you want to go west, hop on I-94 if you want to make time.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2019, 08:52:52 am »
Well, just my opinion, but in general, some populations are more dense than others. Somehow, you just described a bunch of places inhabited by Leftists...

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2019, 09:25:29 am »
It's a nicer drive up the East side of the Black Hills, or even through Cheyenne and up on I-25, then if you want to go west, hop on I-94 if you want to make time.

If I go back there, I take the highline over to Chicago... Then Indiana and Michigan... Then south for Nashville, Mississippi, Missouri, and then KC across to western Kansas. That's the run to visit all my kin.
Then I am northbound. Up through Colorado and Wyoming, and on home.

Went through Nebraska one time specifically to avoid Denver.  :shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2019, 09:40:14 am »
If I go back there, I take the highline over to Chicago... Then Indiana and Michigan... Then south for Nashville, Mississippi, Missouri, and then KC across to western Kansas. That's the run to visit all my kin.

I avoid CHicago, run up Michigan's middle finger, over the Mackinac Bridge, and through Duluth and west on Highway 2.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2019, 04:58:06 pm »
I avoid CHicago, run up Michigan's middle finger, over the Mackinac Bridge, and through Duluth and west on Highway 2.

I have been that way (Hwy 2)... Though never across the Mackinac... I have to go through Chicago. Though I WILL say that of all of back east, the only place that feels homey to me is that Michigan UP. I could live there. If I had to.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2019, 12:42:42 am »
We have signs saying to pull vehicles over to the side. Mostly for people experiencing car trouble. Most accidents on the freeway, at 80-90 MPH usually leave enough carnage to stop traffic. Kind of hard to drive a car off the road that is on its top in the middle of the highway.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2019, 01:49:02 pm »
This is such a classic leftist issue.  They want absolute freedom, but don't want to bear the burden of responsibility for the consequences of their own bad choices.   "Legalize drugs...but you better provide me with expensive treatment, counseling, etc. at taxpayer expense if I become messed up.  And oh yeah, income and a place to live in the event my own crappy choices make me unable to hold a job."

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2019, 05:20:48 pm »
This is such a classic leftist issue.  They want absolute freedom, but don't want to bear the burden of responsibility for the consequences of their own bad choices.   "Legalize drugs...but you better provide me with expensive treatment, counseling, etc. at taxpayer expense if I become messed up.  And oh yeah, income and a place to live in the event my own crappy choices make me unable to hold a job."

It's one of the core tenents of Liberalism/Progressiveism...never having to be held responsible for your your actions or life choices.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2019, 06:01:01 pm »
It's one of the core tenents of Liberalism/Progressiveism...never having to be held responsible for your your actions or life choices.

It's weird -- they'll actually cling to that pretty openly.

I've had this exact discussion with some lefties about legalization.  They truly believe that people should be free to use whatever drugs they want, but that the rest of us should then provide tax dollars to help them out of whatever mess they've made of their lives as a result.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2019, 06:33:01 pm »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

My father had a favorite first cousin. Both Wyoming natives. The cousin drove truck, all over this fruited plain.

A lifelong practicing Mormon, neither drank or smoked. Read extensively. He was said to know every highway, on ramp from San Diego to Manhatten. Lived in Casper, drove out of Cheyenne.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LMAO

« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2019, 06:38:23 pm »

That’s because Progressives have a simplistic, child like view of the world
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2019, 06:44:35 pm »
That’s because Progressives have a simplistic, child like view of the world

That and no moral compass.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2019, 09:18:54 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoIfglXAbh0#

Thank you sir! Johnny Cash is a staple in this house.

My father had a favorite first cousin. Both Wyoming natives. The cousin drove truck, all over this fruited plain.

A lifelong practicing Mormon, neither drank or smoked. Read extensively. He was said to know every highway, on ramp from San Diego to Manhatten. Lived in Casper, drove out of Cheyenne.

It's a helluva run, and I absolutely hate it... From the minute them mountains recede on the horizon.
I am out of sorts anyway without em... My internal navigation shuts off without em. I am bloody well lost on the plains, all the time. Makes me jangley.

Cheyenne is about the southern most part of my proper wheelhouse. That run from Cheyenne to Sheridan on up through Billings is familiar, though Casper makes me itch...  I don't mind the high plains so much, But I always want to go west at Casper and run for the mountains. I like SLC to Boise way better. There's a whole lot of nothing between Cheyenne and Billings... And it is still another day after all that to get on home. But at least I am in the foothills around Big Timber or so... where my internal nav kicks back in.  :beer:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2019, 09:21:24 pm »
There's a very good reason why they call it 'dope'.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2019, 09:46:08 pm »
This is such a classic leftist issue.  They want absolute freedom, but don't want to bear the burden of responsibility for the consequences of their own bad choices.   "Legalize drugs...but you better provide me with expensive treatment, counseling, etc. at taxpayer expense if I become messed up. And oh yeah, income and a place to live in the event my own crappy choices make me unable to hold a job."

It would also provide them with a very convenient excuse when they got hooked on stronger drugs...ie "hey, they legalized the gateway drug, so not my fault".
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.