Author Topic: Police charity event on hold after chief withdraws because Republicans were invited: report  (Read 950 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fallen-officers-charity-event-on-hold-after-police-chief-withdraws-becuase-republicans-were-invited-report

Police charity event on hold after chief withdraws because Republicans were invited: report

A charity event planned in honor of an officer killed in a 2018 mass shooting at a country music bar in in Southern California has been postponed indefinitely -- reportedly because a police chief didn't want Republicans invited.

The Blue Bowl, a charity flag football game, was intended to raise money for the family of fallen Ventura County Sgt. Ron Helus as well as other officers killed in the line of duty, FOX 11 of Los Angeles reported.

Helus died last Nov. 7, when a 28-year-old suspect allegedly attacked the Borderline Bar and Grill in Thousand Oaks, killing a total of 13 people and wounding about a dozen others. The suspect died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, authorities have said.

Thousands of dollars had already been raised for fallen officers' families, but the money is now being returned to donors because Thousand Oaks Police Chief Tim Hagel reportedly withdrew the police department because Trump supporters would be speaking at the event.

"He basically said over and over in the conversation, 'This is not Trump country, that slogan 'Make America Great' is not favorable, popular, within 1,200 square miles,' that we don’t want Republicans here. I could not believe it,” Mike Randall, vice president of the Fallen Officers Foundation, said, according to FOX 11.
Both Democrats and Republicans were invited to the event. Gov. Gavin Newsom's public safety liaison, Trump supporter Scott Baio, who attended Helus’ church, and Trump-supporting singer Joy Villa were all scheduled to attend.

I live about 350 or 400 miles north of Thousand Oaks, which is just NW of Los Angeles. Mrs. PeteS and I visit the Mouse and/or family in the Land of LA and farther south on the order of once or twice a year. There are two main routes by which we can do this, via I5 or via US101. The latter goes through Thousand Oaks and is also a bit more scenic. As long as Tim Hagel is Police Chief of Thousand Oaks, we will not spend a dime there. This allegedly human alleged male is disgusting, dishonoring Ventura County Sgt. Ron Helus over partisan politics.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 07:18:04 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Guy sounds like a 1st class douche.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I cant say what I'd like to without dishonoring this forum.

I pray the folks who were going to donate to support the family find a way to do so.

And that this jerk who puts his politics ahead of the family of a fallen officer gets his just rewards.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

FWIW, Trump got 37.6% of Ventura County's vote, and Hillary got 55.3%.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

Guy sounds like a 1st class douche.

Sadly he's representative of a great number of people these days.

Offline skeeter

Might as well put a face with the act.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Seems in reading this, there was a chance this could have gone political.  Likely not, but a chance.

In any event, he should have found a way to keep the money funnelled to the fallen rather than return to donors.

To me, that is why he is the douchebag.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Might as well put a face with the act.

Meh, looks like Poncherello's partner from CHIPS