Author Topic: Pete Sessions expected to run for Flores's open seat in Texas  (Read 365 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pete Sessions expected to run for Flores's open seat in Texas
« on: October 02, 2019, 12:55:48 pm »
Pete Sessions expected to run for Flores's open seat in Texas
By Chris Mills Rodrigo - 10/02/19 08:30 AM EDT

Former Rep. Pete Sessions (R-Texas) is expected to run for Congress again in 2020, according to multiple reports.

The Texas Tribune and Associated Press both report that Sessions, whose Dallas-area district flipped Democrat in 2018, will run for the 17th Congressional District seat of retiring Rep. Bill Flores (R-Texas).

Sessions spent 22 years in the House, where he had become a party leader.

His defeat in 2018 to Rep. Colin Allred (D-Texas) by 7 points was seen as a sign of Texas's big cities shifting to become more liberal.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/463965-pete-sessions-expected-to-run-for-open-flores-seat-in-texas
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Pete Sessions expected to run for Flores's open seat in Texas
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 04:27:39 pm »
I wish some of the old timers would simply bow out rather than making a career of politics.

Having said that, we cannot afford another Allred, who has a worse conservative rating than Al Green or Sheila Jackson Lee,  becoming a congressman.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Pete Sessions expected to run for Flores's open seat in Texas
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 09:45:00 pm »
I'm not a fan.  And, it's partly because he's an old-timer, but mostly because he had become a complete RINO.  Let's get a pro-American constitutional-believing-and-following conservative in there.