Author Topic: Judge tells DOJ to charge McCabe or drop investigation  (Read 457 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Judge tells DOJ to charge McCabe or drop investigation
« on: October 01, 2019, 07:19:24 pm »
Judge tells DOJ to charge McCabe or drop investigation
By Rachel Frazin - 10/01/19 02:47 PM EDT

A judge told federal prosecutors on Monday that they needed to charge former acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe or stop investigating whether he lied to authorities.

Judge Reggie B. Walton said at a hearing that if prosecutors don't make a decision by Nov. 15, he would order the Justice Department to release internal FBI documents connected to McCabe's ouster, The Washington Post reported, citing a court transcript.

“I would send this message to those in positions of authority in the U.S. Attorney’s office and the Justice Department ... that I will not condone further delay,” he reportedly said, adding that the case “is just dragging too long.”

“You all have got to cut and make your decision. It’s not a hard decision, and I think it needs to be made. If it’s not made, I’m going to start ordering the release of information because I think our society, our public does have a right to know what’s going on," said Walton, a George W. Bush appointee who once presided over the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/fbi/463870-judge-tells-justice-dept-to-charge-mccabe-or-drop-investigation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Judge tells DOJ to charge McCabe or drop investigation
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 08:25:28 pm »
Some context, from the OP article:

The comments came after Department of Justice (DOJ) lawyers spoke to Walton about the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit for documents on the FBI's probe of McCabe, according to The Washington Post. The government has reportedly said it would not release the documents due to their potential effect on law enforcement actions.

The FOIA suit was brought by the group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), in July 2018, the newspaper reported. The group filed the request after McCabe was fired in March 2018.

CREW lawyer Anne Weismann sad during the hearing that the delays look like a "mad effort to find some way to indict Mr. McCabe to appease the president."

“We’re in dark times where there’s growing evidence that the president aided by the attorney general is using the power of his office to go after perceived political enemies. He’s going after the intelligence community. He’s going after the law enforcement community,” Weismann said.

Interesting. So 17 months after McCabe's firing, a judge is threatening to order the release of documents pertaining thereto. On the other hand, more than three years after the FBI started "wiretapping" Trump Campaign people based on false information, Dems are still fighting and vilifying efforts to make public everything pertaining to that fraud perpetrated against the FISA court and violation of Trump Campaign people's civil rights.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.